Android Auto or new SYNC update?

GraffiX

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum PB
I’ve searched here and different forums, but can’t seem to find an answer and I can’t imagine I’m the only one having this issue. After the latest SYNC update I’ve been having connection issues wired or wireless. Sometimes android auto just stops working, when I try to make a phone call I have to switch from Bluetooth to speaker then back to Bluetooth on the screen in order to hear the call through the speakers. Almost every time when I switch out of waze during navigation I lose all the buttons, eta and how long to a turn. I almost wish there was a way to go back. Has anyone else experienced any of this?
Its been pretty frustrating since the new update. I’ve unpaired both the phone and sync, I’ve reset sync, I’m not sure what else to do.
Sponsored

DHBPhoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Photographer/Filmmaker
Press and hold the forward button and power button at the same time. It reboots the entertainment system. Worth a shot.

Beercity

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 701a F150 | 20 Escape hybrid | 13 Escape
Occupation
Dude Named Ben
I’ve searched here and different forums, but can’t seem to find an answer and I can’t imagine I’m the only one having this issue. After the latest SYNC update I’ve been having connection issues wired or wireless. Sometimes android auto just stops working, when I try to make a phone call I have to switch from Bluetooth to speaker then back to Bluetooth on the screen in order to hear the call through the speakers. Almost every time when I switch out of waze during navigation I lose all the buttons, eta and how long to a turn. I almost wish there was a way to go back. Has anyone else experienced any of this?
Its been pretty frustrating since the new update. I’ve unpaired both the phone and sync, I’ve reset sync, I’m not sure what else to do.
Also having the phone call audio issue since update of AA and Sync. Agree it sucks, maybe next update will fix.

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
Ive been having the same problem with mine. I also am havivg problems with the FORD PASS access on my android. It says update needed by then the Screen on the phone freezes with I try to update

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
Go into the phone settings on your truck and delete your phone.

Go onto android auto settings on your phone and delete your truck. Go to Bluetooth settings on your phone and delete your truck if it is still there as well.

Power cycle your phone. Restart sync as described above.

Check for any android auto updates or any android system updates on your phone and update if needed.

Re-pair your phone to your truck.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Have you gotten the TCU update? Its supposed to be installed after the SYnc update.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

STM

First Name
SM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Home Builder
I have similar issues.. When I try to make a phone call, the truck screen shows the call started with the minutes timer rolling but I don't have audio..
My work around has been to disconnect the call and call again.. It takes 2 to 4 tries for a proper call!

I am not sure what the TCU update is either!

Sponsored

mrtull

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT SCrew SB, FX4 with Tow
Occupation
Teacher
I have similar issues.. When I try to make a phone call, the truck screen shows the call started with the minutes timer rolling but I don't have audio..
My work around has been to disconnect the call and call again.. It takes 2 to 4 tries for a proper call!
My workaround has been to use the privacy button on the Sync screen. It only works for some contacts, which seems weird. For example, it has a 100% success rate when the call is from my wife, but only 50/50 with calls from my daughter (It knows who pays the gas bill!)

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I'm in the same boat... I do not know about the TCU update either. I respectfully get in line. 1FTFW1E89NKF02059
Yes. You do have the TCU update. So unfortunately that is not the issue.

I would suggest to check if you have a dash cam or anything else that connects to your phone. There is a member that was having erratic connectivity to the truck and it boiled down to his dash cam causing the disconnection because it was trying to connect to the phone

Just another thing I have come across

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Send me your vin
He did get on it 2/1. The TCU update doesn't help. Many people including myself have had issues with AA after the full screen update. I got an update from the playstore for AA last night, but I haven't driven enough to see if it helps the situation or not.

STM

First Name
SM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Home Builder
My workaround has been to use the privacy button on the Sync screen. It only works for some contacts, which seems weird. For example, it has a 100% success rate when the call is from my wife, but only 50/50 with calls from my daughter (It knows who pays the gas bill!)
I will give it a try.. My issues have mostly been with outgoing calls and not incoming calls!

mrtull

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT SCrew SB, FX4 with Tow
Occupation
Teacher
I will give it a try.. My issues have mostly been with outgoing calls and not incoming calls!
I've noticed it both ways, although it seems worse for outgoing. The "workaround" does work for either although not as consistently for incoming. Just for comparison, I recorded this video when I was working with a Ford Support agent (who ultimately suggested I go to the dealer):
Sponsored