First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT SCrew SB, FX4 with Tow
Occupation
Teacher
Yes. You do have the TCU update. So unfortunately that is not the issue.

I would suggest to check if you have a dash cam or anything else that connects to your phone. There is a member that was having erratic connectivity to the truck and it boiled down to his dash cam causing the disconnection because it was trying to connect to the phone

Just another thing I have come across
thank you for checking... I'll watch for other devices my phone might be connecting to but I do not have a dash cam or other peripherals for the phone to connect. I do have a USB drive that is continually plugged into the USB-A on the media console.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
thank you for checking... I'll watch for other devices my phone might be connecting to but I do not have a dash cam or other peripherals for the phone to connect. I do have a USB drive that is continually plugged into the USB-A on the media console.
Ok, Android auto jsut released an update also. I got it on my pixel yesterday.

OP
OP

GraffiX

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum PB
I'll wait for that and see. Its not showing up in my play store yet.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
The new update for AA doesn't do anything for the glitching of wireless streaming. I have heard a few people mentioning that using the cable works well. I'm going to have to take that route because it's hella annoying.

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
What phone(s) do people have that are having issues? My assumption is Samsung, and the issues could have potentially also coincided with a recent system update.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
What phone(s) do people have that are having issues? My assumption is Samsung, and the issues could have potentially also coincided with a recent system update.
In my case, it is a Samsung. I don't think it's the brand of the phone, though. Either the coolwalk update doesn't want to play nice with the latest Sync update, or vice versa.

OP
OP

GraffiX

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum PB
I have Galaxy S20 and my wife an S22. This issue occurs on both. Wired or wireless.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
While it could be one of the updates, my Pixel 7 Pro has no issues. I don't have the latest sync update, but I do have Coolwalk. Many years ago at this point, I had a few Samsung phones. Their software is horrible, Bluetooth included. I couldn't get song info to show up on my wife's car when connected, non-Samsung phones have all been fine. My assumption at the start was that anyone with an issue has a Samsung phone just based on past experiences.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
While it could be one of the updates, my Pixel 7 Pro has no issues. I don't have the latest sync update, but I do have Coolwalk. Many years ago at this point, I had a few Samsung phones. Their software is horrible, Bluetooth included. I couldn't get song info to show up on my wife's car when connected, non-Samsung phones have all been fine. My assumption at the start was that anyone with an issue has a Samsung phone just based on past experiences.
I had no issues with my S21 or my S23 until I got the full screen update.

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 307a PB, Mach E GTPE
Be sure to check your other apps android auto uses like maps / music / etc...

There's several moving parts here so to speak. Update and reboot to be sure. Every so often on frequently updated apps some things can just go sideways requiring a delete and full reinstall. It's rare, but does occur.

It could be worse, you could have a 15" screened ford with the same crap processor that drives our trucks and is inadequate for the task, resulting in all sorts of issues due wholly to insufficient hardware. At the heart of our $70k+ vehicles is the brain of a galaxy s7 (literally)....

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ill test it with my Pixel 7 pro and see.

GrandpaD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Platinum PB 4x4 6.5 Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Retired
Ill test it with my Pixel 7 pro and see.
I've a Pixel 7 Pro, running Android 13 beta and AA beta (I don't have version numbers but both recently updated). I've never had an issue with connecting or skipping music either before or after I received CoolWalk. Depending on the drive I use wired and wireless with no ill effects. I stream Spotify. My only issue is Waze hasn't caught up with CoolWalk.

Last edited:

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
After updating yesterday, I had some skipping today right when AA first started up, and once again at a low service spot on my drive. I've had skipping at both times previously on my Pixel 7 Pro, so nothing has changed and I feel like today was just confidential.
Sponsored