Sponsored

Adding Work Station after sale (part numbers)

Bugzuki

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 PowerBoost Super Crew 4x4
Found that there is a full kit for the workstation and pab listed now. But according to Platinum Peasants video you might not need a lot of the parts if you just disassembly your standard arm rest and reassemble it with the workstation.

One of the options for the part # 1506024 should have a larger price and it includes a picture and a list of all the parts.

Ford F-150 Adding Work Station after sale (part numbers) 1645471923376

Not sure yet if buying all the parts separate would cheaper than the kit. I get of my 2021 later this week, so I can't really do a parts comparison yet. My objective will be to just purchase the parts needed to upgrade my stock arm rest to the workstation. I don't think I need to purchase a new leather pad and stuff unless it is a different shape.

I am not sure what the interior color is called when you have a Lariat with the burgundy accents. On the window sticker it just says "Black LTHR Trim Bucket Seat"

Ford F-150 Adding Work Station after sale (part numbers) 1645472675938

Last edited:

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
I can say from doing it last week that the only thing the same in models that have a surface and don't is the trim pieces and the hinge. That is the only thing I could use from my current platinum. I took both lids to a leather shop to swap and they were able to do that easily as the standard lid has more material. I was able to get my parts from a junkyard.

Efrommel

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT
Occupation
Videographer
Hey Guys,

After a lot of homework and time: I am in the process of ordering all the parts to swap out my non- interior work space with the interior work space. i have placed the order from Ford and I will let you know if everything comes out ok. If everything is a go, I will post all the necessary part numbers etc. let me know if interested
Any update on this? part numbers will be good to know what we need and dont.

Sponsored

Efrommel

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT
Occupation
Videographer
Found that there is a full kit for the workstation and pab listed now. But according to Platinum Peasants video you might not need a lot of the parts if you just disassembly your standard arm rest and reassemble it with the workstation.

One of the options for the part # 1506024 should have a larger price and it includes a picture and a list of all the parts.

1645471923376.png

Not sure yet if buying all the parts separate would cheaper than the kit. I get of my 2021 later this week, so I can't really do a parts comparison yet. My objective will be to just purchase the parts needed to upgrade my stock arm rest to the workstation. I don't think I need to purchase a new leather pad and stuff unless it is a different shape.

I am not sure what the interior color is called when you have a Lariat with the burgundy accents. On the window sticker it just says "Black LTHR Trim Bucket Seat"

1645472675938.png
Did you get the kit? that's the part number of the kit? Its so confusing in the website, not sure which one or what the kit brings

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A Carbonized Grey Sport 4x4

• Alright, I've got an update. As much as I would love to be the "work station guy" I just don't think we can make it work. There are options based on trim level and interior color. I put together an example listing, based on a Limited with black interior. Cost + 20%, which is well below MSRP, is $800 and that's not including hardware, that's just major components.

On top of all these excuses, nothing is available yet looks like maybe 3-4 weeks lead time.
    I'll keep up on availability and update this thread in the future. Anyone that is still interested after knowing pricing, we can PM and figure out the details at a later date.

Like I said, this is based off a limited trim, with black interior. But here is an example.

1614960454383.png

It looks like you have some extra items (at least based on my search and video)

for an XLT I'm seeing the following:
I may be wrong but after watching the video I think we just need the armrest assembly (minus the main lock/latch and minus the bottom main cover and secondary cover. We do not seem to need cupholders or upper/lower trim and may not need the main console hinge according the video.

for my XLT that would mean that I would need the following:

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
basically everything in the red is needed, all other parts are reused, the only question is the blue main hinge, I'm waiting to hear back on the YouTube video if the cupholders are reused along with the trim but it looks like it

he did also switch over number 2 (latch/lock) and number 4 says it is the same in the parts guide w/ and w/o work station
Ford F-150 Adding Work Station after sale (part numbers) armrest

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ok, sorry to keep posting but I did confirm that the w/o office items and w/ office items sometimes are the exact same part numbers.

fortunately it confirmed that lower/upper trim are the same, cup holder insert, center console latch, console panel are all the same

2 things are different:

main console hinge part number, (pic looks the same but part number is different)
the actual console cup holder has a different part number but doesn't even make sense (price is $8 v $100+) and the trim is the same so I'm not sure about that one

Sponsored

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

magicswanson

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost Sport Pkg.
Occupation
Industrial Surveyor
I did too…no luck Googling the P/N.

I just noticed on page 1, diagram 1: It looks like a Lightning, with the big door on the side.

RicHoll

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL Supercrew with fold down work station
Occupation
Retired - Wireless Telecom
I have seen several ask if the workstation could be just replace the top of the center console.

I found this and don't know much about it but thought it might help some that are looking to do this. Not sure if they are interchangeable.

Anyway it has some part numbers, I doubt they will be available any time soon but should be at a later date.
I have seen several ask if the workstation could be just replace the top of the center console.

I found this and don't know much about it but thought it might help some that are looking to do this. Not sure if they are interchangeable.

Anyway it has some part numbers, I doubt they will be available any time soon but should be at a later date.

1610730543869.png
I have the 2021 F150 with the 40-20-20 fold down workstation (pic). I'm looking for a padded leather slip on cover to use as an armrest when the workstation is in the down position. Any ideas?

Ford F-150 Adding Work Station after sale (part numbers) 1610730543869
I have the 2021 F150 XL with 40/20/20 bench and fold down workstation (see pics]. I'm looking for a slip-on, "padded", leather cover to use as an armrest when folded down. Any ideas?

Ford F-150 Adding Work Station after sale (part numbers) 20220418_165250

Ford F-150 Adding Work Station after sale (part numbers) 20220418_115342

Ford F-150 Adding Work Station after sale (part numbers) 20220418_165335

Ford F-150 Adding Work Station after sale (part numbers) 20220418_165502

D@DLyfe

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX
I'm looking to replace the center console in my 2021 F150 STX with a workstation... Is this even possible? There is no fancy trim package, and my shifter is on the steering column. I have bucket seats with the deep center console.

I spend a lot of time in my truck for work (construction) and the workstation would come in very handy. Is there a "basic" workstation model that I could get to replace the solid console lid?

Thanks.

HeadBanger

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 5.0
It's too bad that the shift lever folding mechanism is electronic. What would you do if it broke while folder away? I don't have the worksurface console and am kind of glad I don't.. My luck, it would leave me stranded, unless there is an override.
Sponsored