Sponsored

Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan?

dre276

First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150XLT, 2021 F150 XLT 302A Lead Foot
Could someone clarify what parts are actually needed to retrofit this on a 302a? The CCM and steering wheel switch only?
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Yes. CCM and Steering wheel switch

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I made my own harness. Nothing was prewired in my XL. Its only 4 wires. I higher trim levels may have the wiring there.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
when you added the CCM, did you have to replace both 12a581A or just a new 15k867b?
The CCM and switch so far... It's still up in the air if the higher level IPMA is needed or not, and this is just for adaptive cruise right now if that's what you're after. My plan was to play around with mine this weekend getting these added finally, but snow and 30 degree high weather pigeonholed that idea.

Since you have a 302A, I would be really curious if you already have the correct wiring all the way to your bumper harness connector and only need to replace 15K867B like I did on my 501A. Since Jesse has an XL, he had to add the wiring from the IPMA all the way to the CCM. Look back a bit and I posted the schematic for ACC and it include the connectors and pins.

Sponsored

dre276

First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150XLT, 2021 F150 XLT 302A Lead Foot
The CCM and switch so far... It's still up in the air if the higher level IPMA is needed or not, and this is just for adaptive cruise right now if that's what you're after. My plan was to play around with mine this weekend getting these added finally, but snow and 30 degree high weather pigeonholed that idea.

Since you have a 302A, I would be really curious if you already have the correct wiring all the way to your bumper harness connector and only need to replace 15K867B like I did on my 501A. Since Jesse has an XL, he had to add the wiring from the IPMA all the way to the CCM. Look back a bit and I posted the schematic for ACC and it include the connectors and pins.
looks like thats going to be my weekend project. Is there any other easier way to access the 15k867B connection without taking off the grill and front bumper?

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
looks like thats going to be my weekend project. Is there any other easier way to access the 15k867B connection without taking off the grill and front bumper?
Nope, but you don't need to take the bumper off, just the top bumper valance plastic piece along with the grill to access that connection, only takes 10 minutes if that, it's really simple. But you do want to take the bumper off to swap the harness if that's the case for you.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Update. Nice enough day to plug my new CCM in finally and see what happens, got it plugged in and fired up Forscan and boom! CCM showed up just like it should finally, so my other one was toast. Got the PMI done on it and DTC went away for that. I need to take the bumper off again to get it in their permanently with the new bracket when I do my headlight swap along with fix some other things, so won't be able to keep playing around with it until then, but at least making progress again!

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)
Following.

Quite interested to add this to my 302A

JaHoova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew XLT Powerboost
Yes. CCM and Steering wheel switch
Jesse, out of curiosity, is it possible to only enable lane centering without adaptive cruise? Only reason I ask is I have a 302A with 360 cams and if there were a way to add a feature like lane centering without having to tear open the steering wheel that would be amazing! I've been working the FDRS updates and Forscan changes but not sure I'm brave enough to start tearing open the wheel yet...

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Jesse, out of curiosity, is it possible to only enable lane centering without adaptive cruise? Only reason I ask is I have a 302A with 360 cams and if there were a way to add a feature like lane centering without having to tear open the steering wheel that would be amazing! I've been working the FDRS updates and Forscan changes but not sure I'm brave enough to start tearing open the wheel yet...
As far as I know it is not. It is only available with adaptive cruise on

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
I'm confused. I have a lane keeping button, is that the same as lane centering? I can turn this on independent of cruise iirc, and I can either have it shake the wheel or have to steer it back into the lane or both.

JaHoova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew XLT Powerboost
As far as I know it is not. It is only available with adaptive cruise on
I figured as much. And I assume adaptive cruise won't work if it doesn't see the extra button in the steering wheel? How hard was installing that switch? I'm pretty scared of messing with airbags which it appears you have to to install it.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
I'm confused. I have a lane keeping button, is that the same as lane centering? I can turn this on independent of cruise iirc, and I can either have it shake the wheel or have to steer it back into the lane or both.
This was a good description

Lane keeping is just the "lane departure" feature that has been around for a few years. If you start to actually go out of your lane, it'll either alert you and/or actually turn the wheel back a bit to get you back within the lines, depending what you have enabled. It's a reactive system, in that it only does anything if you mess up and go outside the lines. Lane centering is the new feature that actually actively drives the truck for you. When engaged it actually does all the steering required and is a more proactive approach, it keeps you within the marked lines and essentially takes over for you altogether.

Lane centering is more picky about having good visible lines on both sides of the road and can only be engaged when cruise control is on. Lane keeping/departure is always on unless you specifically disable it with the button on the wheel or in the driver assist settings.

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
This was a good description
I’ll have to play with it a bit this weekend. I probably turned the assist part of it off. I’m unclear if it works independent of adaptive cruise, but I know when I have both on, the truck pretty much drives itself, save for a steering wheel input to show you have your hands on the wheel. Of course that can be defeated by strapping a small amount of weight onto the wheel thereby fooling the system into thinking your holding the wheel. I’m not sure how much is needed nor will I ever find out, but I have seen the video.

I find just the pressure of gently holding my hands on the wheel and intelligent, adaptive or whatever they are calling it now cruise works pretty good. I could see using it for long trips. However, if traffic is sparse you should set the cruise distance as far as possible imo. Otherwise you best be real trusting of the truck to slow down if it encounters much slower or even stopped traffic.
Sponsored