Sponsored

Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan?

mschiraldi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport 2.7 SCREW
Didn’t check the box when I ordered but kinda wish I did after a road trip in a Grand Cherokee with active cruise control. Ordered a 501a with tow tech so I have the 360 camera. Do we think it’s possible with Forscan or am I missing hardware as well? Just to clarify not looking for Active with autonomous driving, just the active cruise control.
Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
I would be very surprised if you could. There are radar sensors int he front used to detect the space between you and the car in front of you, I'm guessing those aren't included if you don't buy the package. Then there's the issue of the button not even physically being there on the steering wheel, if you look at a truck with Co-Pilot Assist or Active you'll see there's a slightly different different button layout on the left side of the wheel, with a button for adjusting the gap between you and the car in front of you. Also not sure if a standard truck would come with the motors required for the lane centering to steer the steering wheel for you, which is part of Assist. Even if you don't necessarily want it, it's part of the Assist package and would probably all be required to work right.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
Steering is not part of assist, only active, which he stated he did not desire. For active cruise you need the radar in the grill and collision alert system in the dash. There were some who added it to the 2020 after sale, but it was a lot of work and the Forescan registers might have changed so that would be some trial and error to get right.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1485122-adding-adaptive-cruise-control-complete.html

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
I doubt it. In addition to the extra sensors noted above the advanced ADAS requires a special vision processing chip. I believe Ford uses the Intel MobilEye EyeQ4 system on a chip for handling actions like lane centering and active cruise control.

I doubt that they just include the trips in vehicles without Co Pilot Assist 2.0 since they have a real cost to them, and it’s licensed by MobilEye.

I am surprised 501A doesn’t include at least basic ACC and Lane Keeping though even if it doesn’t have the more advanced centering of co pilot assist 2.0. Given that those features have been standard in vehicles like Honda Civic or Toyota Camry for at least 3 or 4 years it’s incredible ACC isn’t standard in a 60k truck.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Steering is not part of assist, only active, which he stated he did not desire. For active cruise you need the radar in the grill and collision alert system in the dash. There were some who added it to the 2020 after sale, but it was a lot of work and the Forescan registers might have changed so that would be some trial and error to get right.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1485122-adding-adaptive-cruise-control-complete.html
He’s probably meant lane centering, which keeps you centered. You also have evasive steering, which helps steer you around a car. If you have trailer backup assist, again it steers the steering wheel with the turn of the backup dial.

Sponsored

Mont1414

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Also wondering this.. I have a 302A with 360 camera. Regretting not getting the co pilot assist 2.0, tried to add it as a late option but the dealer said I couldn’t as a vin was already generated at the time.

Last edited:

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Im working on adding the hardware now. I have the Cruise module on order its on back order. It will be three modules. You will need two more blind spot units same as the two rear for the front. They go behind the bumper. You need the Center radar CCM. Then you have to add all the wiring. I will be working to make a harness. All of these go to the IPMA.

There will be programming needed for sure. I am not sure what all modules will need to be touched yet. It will be several.

Mont1414

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Im working on adding the hardware now. I have the Cruise module on order its on back order. It will be three modules. You will need two more blind spot units same as the two rear for the front. They go behind the bumper. You need the Center radar CCM. Then you have to add all the wiring. I will be working to make a harness. All of these go to the IPMA.

There will be programming needed for sure. I am not sure what all modules will need to be touched yet. It will be several.
So what you’re saying is that it’ll be $34,000 to add it

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

Snippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

I don’t believe this is correct. I have a 2021 302A with assist and when it’s on it curves with the roads etc. it just won’t take a turn at a light or intersection per say.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mschiraldi

mschiraldi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport 2.7 SCREW
I think the thing that scares me most is removing the airbag and replacing the buttons on the steering wheel.

Mont1414

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150

I was just staring at my truck interior and I’m pretty sure I have a camera on the upper window, it looks like a small camera. I have an XLT 302A package, 360 camera. Not sure why I would have a camera on the inside but it sure looks like one. Wondering if that will make things easier to get the co pilot assist 2.0

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
That is there on all of them. To the left of the rear view? Its a driver camera also.