Sponsored

Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan?

dhageremtp

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Healthcare
I may have spoke a little premature, I thought Co-pilot Assist 2.0 and Co-pilot Active 2.0 were the same thing. So I wasn't sure how you'd plan to add the necessary servers or motors to steer the vehicle and add the necessary radar needed for Blue Cruise.

Otherwise anyone who paid $2,000 for the option could have opted not to have it and then enabled it with Forscan for like $150. I don't think Ford would let that happen.
I live in an area of ND, accordingly to Fords map, where I’d get very little use out of blue cruise. Lane centering on the other hand would work great during the summer. Same with adaptive cruise both of which appear to have been force deleted by ford. I went 501a for the bench seat to fit my family of six, but in 2023 that’s no longer an option. So I either take my 22 less the options I ordered with and attempt to retrofit or I look for a used one. But trust me a Lariat with a bench and such is like looking for a unicorn.

posts like this with people smarter than I give me hope I can at least add a couple features back. Heck I’m also sure I could get Xm radio to work, probably add back nav less the whole connected part.
Sponsored

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
I live in an area of ND, accordingly to Fords map, where I’d get very little use out of blue cruise. Lane centering on the other hand would work great during the summer. Same with adaptive cruise both of which appear to have been force deleted by ford. I went 501a for the bench seat to fit my family of six, but in 2023 that’s no longer an option. So I either take my 22 less the options I ordered with and attempt to retrofit or I look for a used one. But trust me a Lariat with a bench and such is like looking for a unicorn.

posts like this with people smarter than I give me hope I can at least add a couple features back. Heck I’m also sure I could get Xm radio to work, probably add back nav less the whole connected part.
I'm in North Dakota too. My truck was an off the lot purchase so it had the Active and Blue Cruise and that's just how it was. Granted I wouldn't have paid $2k for it if I built it, I have to say it's pretty slick. It works on 94 and 29. I go to Minneapolis at least once a year, and even without complete hands free, the "basically " hands free on all other roads is pretty slick. It still will stear for you, you just need to tug the wheel ever 10 seconds or so.

I hope you are able to accomplish this.

I'll read more before I open my mouth next time. :)

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I'm in North Dakota too. My truck was an off the lot purchase so it had the Active and Blue Cruise and that's just how it was. Granted I wouldn't have paid $2k for it if I built it, I have to say it's pretty slick. It works on 94 and 29. I go to Minneapolis at least once a year, and even without complete hands free, the "basically " hands free on all other roads is pretty slick. It still will stear for you, you just need to tug the wheel ever 10 seconds or so.

I hope you are able to accomplish this.

I'll read more before I open my mouth next time. :)
To be honest.. I added BlueCruise. Its niice.. But its so fickled and even in a place like dallas it has many stretches you need to have hands on wheel. Every single lane change you have to wait for it to engage again. Every single time you merge onto a different highway it goes to hands on and you have to shake the wheel like a goofball to let it know you have your hand on the wheel.

I think it was a cool accomplishment of mine but I really dont think it is worth the work to add it. I will be a bit embarrassed to say but I used the ankle weight on my truck when I had only added the addaptive cruise with lane centering. That was to me better than bluecruise because it worked all the time. Plus you dont have the nanny cam watching you telling you to look straight aheadevery 5 seconds.

They released an update recently to the CMR(Driver Status Monitor) and it really did make BlueCruise better and more depedable in terms of it not cancelling out of no where. I still prefer the no nanny version. The adaptive cruise with lane centering is really REALLY good. To be able to add it for a few hundred dollars of hardware and a little labor is a great thing.

So while it is possible to add the active assist liek I did I dont really suggest the effort. Now if They finally release BlueCruise 1.2 with the lane change and more enhancements I may revisit but for now.. No.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
^this

Bluecruise is cool. Neat. The instrument Panel is graphically exciting if you don't see it often. I'm happy to have it because it was available.

But I'm an old man who is NOT going to take my hands off the wheel anyways, so it's just adaptive cruise/lane centering in BLUE. 🤣

I will say that if my truck had adaptive cruise deleted, I would either walk away or jesse-ize it, because it's a wonderful technology in this truck.

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
@Jesse-Infotainment is there a thread documenting how to add adaptive cruise only? I searched but didn't find it. Or is this thread (to add the whole Assist 2.0) my best bet?

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
I thought Co-pilot Assist 2.0 and Co-pilot Active 2.0 were the same thing. So I wasn't sure how you'd plan to add the necessary servers or motors to steer the vehicle and add the necessary radar needed for Blue Cruise.
Just so you know how this is actually as easy as it seems, hardware wise the EPAS is the same on every truck, so they can all control the steering. Same with how all the trucks use the new e-master cylinder to control braking, and all have the windshield cam for base Co-pilot 360. Then the CCM radar module just needs to be added for Assist 2.0. For Bluecruise the IR face sensors are harder, but Jesse did that as well.

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
Just so you know how this is actually as easy as it seems, hardware wise the EPAS is the same on every truck, so they can all control the steering. Same with how all the trucks use the new e-master cylinder to control braking, and all have the windshield cam for base Co-pilot 360. Then the CCM radar module just needs to be added for Assist 2.0. For Bluecruise the IR face sensors are harder, but Jesse did that as well.
That's cool to know, I didn't know that even the lower trim levels had Park Assist.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
I didn't know that even the lower trim levels had Park Assist.
Not Park Assist; Electric Power Assisted Steering. The steering boost is controlled by computer and motor, so it can also act directly on the steering without driver input.

As an aside, I don't think anyone has tried to add park assist back. Maybe in the King Ranch Park Sensors thread.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
To be honest.. I added BlueCruise. Its niice.. But its so fickled and even in a place like dallas it has many stretches you need to have hands on wheel.

So while it is possible to add the active assist liek I did I dont really suggest the effort. Now if They finally release BlueCruise 1.2 with the lane change and more enhancements I may revisit but for now.. No.
I'm glad you just gave your two cents on BlueCruise as I was starting to get that itch to see if I wanted to maybe add it to try it out, but I think that puts my mind at ease right now for sure. For me, pretty much anytime I'm not driving around town I'm using ACC and centering, with that little hack as well... I think Ford might have done too good of a job with it, but don't let them hear that. Especially since I finally updated my IPMA a few weeks ago, that made it even better as centering doesn't error out randomly when the road lines get all wonkey and/or when I drive by turning lanes.

@Jesse-Infotainment is there a thread documenting how to add adaptive cruise only? I searched but didn't find it. Or is this thread (to add the whole Assist 2.0) my best bet?
You're in it right now bud lol start at page 1 with a beverage or two.

Sponsored

Mattbrand

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Funeral Director
I'm glad you just gave your two cents on BlueCruise as I was starting to get that itch to see if I wanted to maybe add it to try it out, but I think that puts my mind at ease right now for sure. For me, pretty much anytime I'm not driving around town I'm using ACC and centering, with that little hack as well... I think Ford might have done too good of a job with it, but don't let them hear that. Especially since I finally updated my IPMA a few weeks ago, that made it even better as centering doesn't error out randomly when the road lines get all wonkey and/or when I drive by turning lanes.

You're in it right now bud lol start at page 1 with a beverage or two.
I was itching for the BlueCruise as well and after I added the 360 camera the Assist is definitly just as good and not as annoying as the Bluecruise.

PFXLT

First Name
AA Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Hi guys, just picked up a 2021 F150 XLT. I've read through this thread and it seems there is bits of information here and there. Is there a "simple" list of Forscan changes that would need to be made just to get the speed limit recognition working? I'm not looking to add the Co-pilot or adaptive cruise. just thought the speed signs would be neat.

Thanks Yall

aa-ron

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Hi guys, just picked up a 2021 F150 XLT. I've read through this thread and it seems there is bits of information here and there. Is there a "simple" list of Forscan changes that would need to be made just to get the speed limit recognition working? I'm not looking to add the Co-pilot or adaptive cruise. just thought the speed signs would be neat.

Thanks Yall

aa-ron
There would be a few values to look at. Does the speed sign not show up in your gauge cluster at all right now? Check the following to start with and make sure SLIF is enabled.

720-09-01 xxxx xxxx *x--

PFXLT

First Name
AA Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
There would be a few values to look at. Does the speed sign not show up in your gauge cluster at all right now? Check the following to start with and make sure SLIF is enabled.

720-09-01 xxxx xxxx *x--
I have the speed sign on the IPC it just seems to be changing from my unsubscribed "nav" and not the actual street signs

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
I have the speed sign on the IPC it just seems to be changing from my unsubscribed "nav" and not the actual street signs
Ok, here are some to try out then.

Try to enable SLOIF or SLIF and see what that does
720-09-01 xxxx xxxx *x--

Try CameraOnlyOn since you don't have the ACC radar, add 4 to the current value
720-09-01 xxxx xxxx *x--
Sponsored