Sponsored

Adaptive Head Lights - Coming to the US???

OleMustyBag

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0, 2015 GMC Acadia, 1963 ChevyNova
Myself and several others did not have to install the ride height sensors to get glare free to work. Interesting that yours is different
Yes I agree maybe forscan settings or something.
Sponsored

PFXLT

First Name
AA Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Myself and several others did not have to install the ride height sensors to get glare free to work. Interesting that yours is different
I kinda feel the glare free/ramping is working but haven't driven much out of the city yet.

Did you get the headlight symbol with an A? without your level sensors?

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I kinda feel the glare free/ramping is working but haven't driven much out of the city yet.

Did you get the headlight symbol with an A? without your level sensors?
Yes

OleMustyBag

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I also had problems with the Raptor DRL changes that were supposed to work and they did not on my truck. Maybe because it’s a 23 or maybe from software updates not sure???

OleMustyBag

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hey guys, i'm finally catching up with modern technology and completing this mod to my 21 XLT 302A. picked up a set of tremor projectors and low beam harness kit from Scott Treichel (highly recommend him for lighting needs) and a high beam harness from a forum member. Got everything installed and programmed. From what i can tell, it all seems to be working but i do not get the auto light telltale on the cluster. I do have 2 codes in the hcm for the missing level sensors.

i've triple check the settings and i'm not seeing anything wrong. maybe a fresh set of eyes will help.

i obviously won't be able to test any changes right now since the suns up but am open to suggestions.

Anyone have any insight?

IMG_4179.jpeg
IMG_4181.jpeg
IMG_4182.jpeg
IMG_4183.jpeg
IMG_4184.jpeg
IMG_4185.jpeg
IMG_4187.jpeg
IMG_4188.jpeg
IMG_4189.jpeg
Also Glarefree uses your front cameras maybe that DTC in the ipma needs to be addressed to eliminate that potential problem.

Sponsored

PFXLT

First Name
AA Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Also Glarefree uses your front cameras maybe that DTC in the ipma needs to be addressed to eliminate that potential problem.
i haven't figured out how to clear it yet. it came in when i was making changes to the ipma for adaptive cruise and front park aid sensors. i've ran both calibrations and nothing. maybe i need to try again

OleMustyBag

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i haven't figured out how to clear it yet. it came in when i was making changes to the ipma for adaptive cruise and front park aid sensors. i've ran both calibrations and nothing. maybe i need to try again
Is yours a XLT? You might not have the sensors needed for those features. Try reloading your as built before you made those changes.

PFXLT

First Name
AA Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Is yours a XLT? You might not have the sensors needed for those features. Try reloading your as built before you made those changes.
my adaptive cruise and front parking sensors are working great. i added all that and ran wire to them. i was messing with the IPMA changes to get the stupid speed limit sign on the IPC to work correctly after adding all that. the problem is, i updated everything with FDRS so my original backups are garbage now.

OleMustyBag

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
my adaptive cruise and front parking sensors are working great. i added all that and ran wire to them. i was messing with the IPMA changes to get the stupid speed limit sign on the IPC to work correctly after adding all that. the problem is, i updated everything with FDRS so my original backups are garbage now.
Interesting I don’t know much about those features is there a thread about adding that on a xlt?

pjgnall

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost Lariet
Occupation
Ford CEP 1
So I brought my 21 PB lariet up to BC 1.4 and my glare free lighting is not working as it did before, the IPMA update for BC changed my as-built and I went back in to change the setting for glare free back to what the spreadsheet requires. All other modules settings were untouched with the BC update. Not sure if anyone would know why the glare free would have been affected.

Sponsored

Syclone Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 5.0L Screw 3.73 BAP
How do I know if my 23 Lariat has glare free headlights? I am located in Canada and have read here that Canadian trucks have it by default. Is there a way to check? I have adaptive headlights (steering) but I have not experienced the glare free as of yet.

DEEPDOWN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402A Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
How do I know if my 23 Lariat has glare free headlights? I am located in Canada and have read here that Canadian trucks have it by default. Is there a way to check? I have adaptive headlights (steering) but I have not experienced the glare free as of yet.
What Rapid Spec package does your lariat have? Only 502A has the projector lamps. If it does, they will be enabled. Park in front of the wall (at night lol), and turn your headlights on. I have auto lamp on so they come on automatically in the dark. The lights will perform a little dance, which is an auto aiming calibration sequence. If they do that little dance, you’re good to go.
Sponsored