Sponsored

About to purchase 23' PB Platinum with under 10K miles...

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I bought a 22 poweboost with 4k miles a year ago. Platinum. I'm a gadget freak. It had everything except parking assist that a member here helped me aquire.
I absolutely love my truck. I bought the esp warranty from Granger Ford. It was thousands less than the dealers price for the exact same thing.
Mine has been in the shop 3 times. Trailer brake module, recalls, exhaust heat exchanger. I have two other f150 that have 102k and 78k respectively and never been in the shop.
This Platinum is like being married to a fine woman. Except that women would be more of a hassle. I don't mind taking it in. I like the truck enough to put up with things.
I even installed a comma 3x autopilot. It absolutely blows away ford's bluecruse.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PCfordguy

PCfordguy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Power boost
Occupation
real estate
some places are doing 13,000+ off MSRP depending where you’re at just FYI.
The dealership I dealt with had $10k off MSRP for 23 PB Lariats that had been used as loaners, so they had 5k to 10k miles on them. New Lariats were $5k off MSRP. The deal I ended up getting was a pre-owned 23 Platinum PB Black out package with 16k miles for $60k- original MSRP was just under $80k. That was $8500 to $10k cheaper than the new loaner Lariats they had. So the big % interest rate difference (new vs. used) was nullified by the price diff. of the Platinum and the fact its way nicer (imo) and is in nearly mint condition as far as appearance. I am happy with my decision- because i will not be carrying the loan for long. So extra interest expense will be minimal.

Sponsored

rjinaz

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost 701A
New guy here...
I just picked up a new (courtesy vehicle) Platinum PowerBoost with 4k miles on it.
MSRP was $81k and I managed to get it down to $68k. They had marked it down to $71k, but it did have a small dent on the driver side bed wheel arch.

Shane150

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB
Occupation
Construction
New guy here...
I just picked up a new (courtesy vehicle) Platinum PowerBoost with 4k miles on it.
MSRP was $81k and I managed to get it down to $68k. They had marked it down to $71k, but it did have a small dent on the driver side bed wheel arch.
Hi Rick, Welcome to the forum!

GypsyDanger

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' XLT
Occupation
Electrician
All- thanks for your assistance- got the truck bought! Super clean Platinum 23' 701-A high-- 16k miles for $60k. MSRP $79,500 Very excited to learn more about running a PB.
The blacked out Plattys are beautiful. My only gripe with the normal ones is the big silver tailgate badge and the BAP ones take car of that. would love to see some pictures of it!

Sponsored

OP
OP
PCfordguy

PCfordguy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Power boost
Occupation
real estate
Is that Carb Grey or the silver? Really nice!
Thanks! It's the carb grey. I absolutely love the how luxurious the interior is. It's at a PPF installer getting the full front wrap and window tint today. Looking to get a shell for it but can't decide between a LEER or a Smartcap.

GypsyDanger

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' XLT
Occupation
Electrician
Thanks! It's the carb grey. I absolutely love the how luxurious the interior is. It's at a PPF installer getting the full front wrap and window tint today. Looking to get a shell for it but can't decide between a LEER or a Smartcap.
Carb grey is the best grey! awesome find!

OP
OP
PCfordguy

PCfordguy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Power boost
Occupation
real estate
Hello all- thought I would give you an update on this purchase. My original worries came to fruition- my 23 PB Platinum has been sitting in Ford Service for two weeks now, with no end in sight as to when it will be fixed. I bought someone else's headache. At this point I am just hoping it can be reliably fixed. It all started with the trailer brake system fault warning that would not stop going off. It seemed to happen more when driving on wet roads. Long story short, after going into limp mode and driving to the service center at 5 mph, they found one of the modules went bad. But after replacing the module, now Ford can't get the software to reload on the truck. According to my service advisor, engineers at Ford are trying to get a grasp on what's wrong. But after two weeks- I'm not feeling confident this truck will be reliably repaired, even if Ford says it is. Of course, It's all under warranty, but man it's a PIA to have deal with these issues on what's basically a brand new truck. Anyone else with the 23 PB in a similar situation?