Sponsored

A funny thing happened on the way home....

Spiffers

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat
I went to the bank this morning and remembered where the fold mirrors button was at the drive thru. I put the truck in park and got my deposit out of my wallet. I put my wallet on the shifter/cup holder area just like I do the Explorer. The lady working the window did the transaction and when I got my slip I was looking at it while shifting into drive....it wouldn't go into drive! All the threads about people having this issue flooded my brain. I turned off the truck, opened and closed the door, turned the truck back on and tried to shift into drive. No Luck!! It just wouldn't move passed neutral and was telling me about pressing M for manual mode etc etc etc.

When I looked down my wallet was laying between the shifter and the console......... so my wallet was stopping the travel of the shifter into D. It's a really weird feeling when you combined "I feel like the world's biggest idiot" and "OH THANK GOD!!! There's nothing wrong with the transmission". Sooo lesson learned here is don't put your wallet behind the shifter LOL
Sponsored

Popplemer

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'87 F250 460 5 Speed, 2023 302A PB 157"
Whenever I do something just like this, which is often, I'm usually torn when telling people about the overwhelming sense of relief I've just experienced juxtaposed with the inevitable feeling of stupidity that will come from admitting the whole situation to everyone. I'm glad that it wasn't anything serious but know you're not alone in your sentiments. Lol

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Us STX owners don’t have such issues with our “dinosaur” column shifter ;). My wallet and phones lay there every day.
Ford F-150 A funny thing happened on the way home.... IMG_4355

OP
OP
Spiffers

Spiffers

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat
Us STX owners don’t have such issues with our “dinosaur” column shifter ;). My wallet and phones lay there every day.
IMG_4355.jpeg
That's like my BIL's.

Sponsored

Popplemer

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'87 F250 460 5 Speed, 2023 302A PB 157"
IMG_4355.jpeg
I'll have you know I spec'd my whole truck XLT 302A around getting that column shifter! 😂 With OP's story it seems as though it'll save me from one more faux pas.

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Platinum BAP 4x4 5.3L Iconic Silver
I went to the bank this morning and remembered where the fold mirrors button was at the drive thru. I put the truck in park and got my deposit out of my wallet. I put my wallet on the shifter/cup holder area just like I do the Explorer. The lady working the window did the transaction and when I got my slip I was looking at it while shifting into drive....it wouldn't go into drive! All the threads about people having this issue flooded my brain. I turned off the truck, opened and closed the door, turned the truck back on and tried to shift into drive. No Luck!! It just wouldn't move passed neutral and was telling me about pressing M for manual mode etc etc etc.

When I looked down my wallet was laying between the shifter and the console......... so my wallet was stopping the travel of the shifter into D. It's a really weird feeling when you combined "I feel like the world's biggest idiot" and "OH THANK GOD!!! There's nothing wrong with the transmission". Sooo lesson learned here is don't put your wallet behind the shifter LOL

Who knows, that small bit of time spent in panic/scratch-head mode might be the difference between arriving home safe or getting T-Boned leaving the bank :p Take it as a WIN :cool:

OP
OP
Spiffers

Spiffers

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat
Who knows, that small bit of time spent in panic/scratch-head mode might be the difference between arriving home safe or getting T-Boned leaving the bank :p Take it as a WIN :cool:
Yup! It always happens for a reason.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
IMG_4355.jpeg
That space is reserved for my coffee mugs.
I have two that I fill every morning.
must have two so that a single mug will not tip fore or aft.
Only one mug in this pic as the other is on my porch rail or garage workbench

Ford F-150 A funny thing happened on the way home.... IMG_4649

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a Sport appearance
Occupation
Owner/Driver

[/QU😑
Sponsored