First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
How about 185lbs. standing on it? How heavy is it? It looks great by the way!

I have the BAK X4s and it has performed well for me thus far at the one year mark. I get a little water intrusion at the tailgate when it rains heavy, so I leave a gap there when loading if possible. Looks like yours is very break in resistant while mine at least requires determined intent. No loading or standing on mine whatsoever please. The linked plastic coated aluminum slats need to remain true in order to roll smoothly.

ps Beautiful neighborhood by the way! Have you designed an elevator to get up to the second floor for later on yet? ;)
The Mrs used to stand on the one I had on the old 2005 truck to trim small branches. But she is only about 115+/-. I suspect 185# would be fine.

I've never had any leakage with this one or the one I had on the 2005 truck. It would be very hard to illegally get in the Undercover. And as mentioned before, the tailgate can't open accidentally. It can unlatch, but can't open until the cover is lifted.

Not an elevator, but I'm thinking about a stairlift of some type. When we built the house in '85 I wasn't thinking about that sort of thing. Should have had a master suite on the 1st floor built in.
Sponsored

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a PB 7.2k 4x4 157"
Occupation
Engineer
My last truck came with one. Hated that thing, but did keep it on the the 15+ years I owned it. Went with the retractable cover for the next best thing and mostly hate it. It doesn’t leak much, but enough I need to plan ahead. Never needed to even think twice with the hard cover. It also amazing how much I miss that extra 3 inches of bed height. I could put things an inch or two above the bed and that thing would still close. Now I’m 1.5 below the bed. So far the only time I have the cover all the way open is to get to the front of the bed because I can’t afford to loose the 3 or 4 inches of bed height to put my bed slider back in.

But hey! If I ever in the future!!!!! Yeah, no. Day to day sucks.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Used to get on top of Undercover when I had one back in 2004-2011. Just on my knees not standing on it, I don't suspect any issues with that though. It was not painted and I'd be more concerned with messing up paint on them now than breaking the cover.
Sponsored