Sponsored

Heated seats... Any way to just turn on the back portion????

Tjbev13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT 302A, 3.5EB, Max Tow, FX4
Occupation
Turner of wrenches
Anyone here a Ford tech? I’m curious how Ford’s heated seats work. Are they heated coils that plug into a harness? The reason I ask is the absolute 1 thing I’m going to miss the most about my Sierra is I can just put the back heat on and not the bottom portion. I don’t care if it’s 100 degrees outside I’ll run just the back to loosen it up, especially after a full day of tourney fishing. I would love just to “unplug” the bottom section of the heating coil if it’s possible.

EDIT: my truck is a XLT 302A

Ford F-150 Heated seats... Any way to just turn on the back portion???? sierra
Sponsored

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Just mats. The upper section should have it’s own plug you could prob just disconnect.

Ford F-150 Heated seats... Any way to just turn on the back portion???? 4D937EA2-EB9B-4C19-9830-5A7B7F654D93

scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB Mid Front Bench, 2013 E350 4x4
I'm following this thread (though old). Let me know if you've gotten the truck and/or if anyone else has disconnected the bottom heater. My 2013 Tahoe LT allowed separate back and butt heating, and I recently disconnected the bottom element in a Scheel-Mann seat I installed in my van. (It lacked the separate controls, despite costing more than my first car). It appears the controls (from videos I've seen, are common across all trims in the 2021 f150 and 2022 f150, that have the feature. (my order is for a 501A Lariat)

Search terms (I had zero luck with google, so maybe this will help others): separate back and butt heater . heat back separately . separate lumbar heat . Back only heat.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The issue with unplugging the lower mat is it is a passthrough to the upper mat. You would have to bypass the lower heated mat. IT may not work then based on resistance its expecting. The heated seat ONLY trucks the seats are controlled by the HVAC module. The heated and cooled seats are controlled by the driver seat module. The same circuit though
Sponsored

Attachments