Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
A custom meme, just for me?!?!? 🤣

I hope my post about his 'trunk' was taken in good fun. My truck is a pavement princess, and I have a Bed Rug in my garage awaiting installation, so my bed is a glorified trunk, too. Now if we could only move that engine somewhere else and get frunks like those Lightning guys...
Oh no. I took it as good fun. That's why I gave it a like.
Sponsored

OP
OP

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
A custom meme, just for me?!?!? 🤣

I hope my post about his 'trunk' was taken in good fun. My truck is a pavement princess, and I have a Bed Rug in my garage awaiting installation, so my bed is a glorified trunk, too. Now if we could only move that engine somewhere else and get frunks like those Lightning guys...
Same; coffee, Home Depot and our Lake place. That's about it. I work from home so I don't even have that drive...
:\

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
I guess I'm a dummy, since I have one on my MY22 Power Boost. Sure, it's a tad heavy, but this 75 yo can still lift it. It's chief a plus is it doesn't leak. Didn't on my old 2005 F150 and doesn't on my current one.
IMG_20220227_090200459.jpg
IMG_20220305_121838638.jpg
It's the bedrug that makes it look good;)
I like that it doesn't leak and doubles as a workout machine. Plus that's a potable water hose for your TT most likely so it's cool on several levels!

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Had a hard plastic Undercover brand when they came out. Removed many times by myself. I had removed the hard cover enough times to not get one again. Peragon was great on my last truck. Tri-fold came on current truck I'll see how I like it after few years.

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
I had a 2006 SRT-10 Quad cab with the hard tonneau cover..Over 3 years I hauled the complete PA for a 5 piece classic rock project (KathyJo and the Bluzification Band) and it worked very well! When you have $3,000.00 plus Gibson guitars, fancy amps and other electronics hauling butt in heavy rain to the gig in Florida this type of dry coverage really is priceless..

Sponsored

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
I have the UnderCover SE and I love it!

NEVER leaks a drop of water and I can remove it by myself in 15min.

5 min with help.

Ford F-150 The tonneau cover to NOT get (funny) Undercover SE removal

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I have the UnderCover SE and I love it!

NEVER leaks a drop of water and I can remove it by myself in 15min.

5 min with help.

Undercover SE removal.jpg
Had the plain plastic version on my old Ranger and I took it off quite a bit for large loads. It was more awkward than heavy just because of size but still a one person job.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
Had the plain plastic version on my old Ranger and I took it off quite a bit for large loads. It was more awkward than heavy just because of size but still a one person job.
Do you often carry sensitive electronics that can’t get wet? My Revolver x4s rolls up in seconds and keeps things pretty dry.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Do you often carry sensitive electronics that can’t get wet? My Revolver x4s rolls up in seconds and keeps things pretty dry.
No, but it stayed dry in there.

My 2011 and 2021 bed covers both get a little water in.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
No, but it stayed dry in there.

My 2011 and 2021 bed covers both get a little water in.
That’s nice. Mine leaks just a little during a good rain at the tailgate.

Sponsored

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
When I do it by myself, I use the frame of my RV Canopy to hang it. I put motorcycle tie-downs on four corners and drive away, leaving the Tonneau dangling.

This thing isn't "light" but when it's on my truck I can walk around on it so the weight is a trade off for the strength.

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
A guy I boat with has one of those solid covers, the nice thing is how waterproof it is….but it sucks for moving anything large.

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
Atlee..What brand is your tonneau cover? I'm absolutely getting one and want a heavy duty version..I figure it will be good for 2 tenths in the quarter lolol! I actually liked the wing that was on my SRT-10 but I'm a dozen years older now..

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Atlee..What brand is your tonneau cover? I'm absolutely getting one and want a heavy duty version..I figure it will be good for 2 tenths in the quarter lolol! I actually liked the wing that was on my SRT-10 but I'm a dozen years older now..
It's Undercover brand. Elite SE It's black with a textured surface. You can get it smooth and painted the same color as your truck. It can support 500# evenly distributed.

One thing I like about it is all the stuff I carry in the bed stays dry. Something many do not like is it must be open in orfer to open the tailgate.

Ford F-150 The tonneau cover to NOT get (funny) 02l After Wash - 11.09.23

Ford F-150 The tonneau cover to NOT get (funny) 02m My Tailgate Ste

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
It can support 500# evenly distributed
How about 185lbs. standing on it? How heavy is it? It looks great by the way!

I have the BAK X4s and it has performed well for me thus far at the one year mark. I get a little water intrusion at the tailgate when it rains heavy, so I leave a gap there when loading if possible. Looks like yours is very break in resistant while mine at least requires determined intent. No loading or standing on mine whatsoever please. The linked plastic coated aluminum slats need to remain true in order to roll smoothly.

ps Beautiful neighborhood by the way! Have you designed an elevator to get up to the second floor for later on yet? ;)
Sponsored