$70k and stuff is falling apart.

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Called the dealer said they can look at it in 2 weeks. I asked will you have the part, nope they can't order parts until they diagnose it. WTF the keypad on the door is falling off, the clip broke and now its just hanging, what is there to diagnose? So I have to wait 2 weeks for service plus who knows how long to get the part.

$70k , less than 15k and this is Ford quality.
Ford F-150 $70k and stuff is falling apart. Screenshot_20220617-232033_Gallery
Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
Called the dealer said they can look at it in 2 weeks. I asked will you have the part, nope they can't order parts until they diagnose it. WTF the keypad on the door is falling off, the clip broke and now its just hanging, what is there to diagnose? So I have to wait 2 weeks for service plus who knows how long to get the part.

$70k , less than 15k and this is Ford quality.
Screenshot_20220617-232033_Gallery.jpg
No product is perfect. The issue you have is a dealer who doesn't know how to manage his business.

Find a new dealer because there isn't a car brand out there making perfect cars out of perfect parts...perfectly.

Put some masking tape on it and take it to a better dealer. Are you sure someone didn't break it trying to steal the vehicle....sorry I meant your $70,000 vehicle.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
If you haven’t noticed, the quality of pretty much everything has gone to sht in just a few years. Customer service sux, quality sux, and more expensive than ever.

I recently got my wife a M240 BMW built in Mexico (of all places), and the difference in fit/finish/quality from my F150 is amazing (and it was $15k less). We ordered in Feb and it was delivered in May. I guess they still have workers in Mexico that didn’t grow up where everyone gets a trophy no matter how crappy they perform.

I still love my truck, but since I worked in a car manufacturing plant for 8 years when I was younger, I probably see more defects than the avg person. Rant over, now to go shoo those kids off my lawn, lol.

Last edited:

Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
This 90’s relict keypad hurts my eyes every time I see it. I don’t understand why they don’t replace it with the invisible one that lights up when touched
You’d be surprised, my wife’s Explorer has the touch one and while it looks better, it absolutely sucks to use. Half the time it doesn’t “wake up” when you touch it and it takes 10 different ways of touching every different area on it trying to get it to come to life before it’ll accept your code. I prefer using the one on my truck way better.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
You’d be surprised, my wife’s Explorer has the touch one and while it looks better, it absolutely sucks to use. Half the time it doesn’t “wake up” when you touch it and it takes 10 different ways of touching every different area on it trying to get it to come to life before it’ll accept your code. I prefer using the one on my truck way better.
With the fob a d remote entry or whatever it's called I doubt I used the keypad on my 2020 3 times in 2 years.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
With the fob a d remote entry or whatever it's called I doubt I used the keypad on my 2020 3 times in 2 years.
Yeah you don’t need it often, it comes in handy for me when I need to get something out of the car in the driveway and I don’t have my keys on me for example. Or on my old truck if I was going somewhere and didn’t want to have to keep my keys in my pocket all day I’d lock them in the truck once we got there and use the keypad to get back inside (Daring, I know…). Now the truck is smart enough to not let you do that though.

TJE

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 f150 xlt
My mom's explorer does too, she also has issues when it's been really cold. If there's any frost build up it's pretty much useless. She also leaves her key fob in her center console at all times....not something I'm planning on doing

OP
OP

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
No product is perfect. The issue you have is a dealer who doesn't know how to manage his business.

Find a new dealer because there isn't a car brand out there making perfect cars out of perfect parts...perfectly.

Put some masking tape on it and take it to a better dealer. Are you sure someone didn't break it trying to steal the vehicle....sorry I meant your $70,000 vehicle.
I agree part of my issue is dealerships also suck. I've already gone through one lemon law due my previous issues one that still doesn't have a fix well one my dealer has no idea about (TSB for transmission shudder).

When your brand new truck is in the shop 10+ times in a year and the shops are incompetent and have no clue how to fix or diagnose something unless a computer tells them when something like this happens it's extremely frustrating. It's not about all products being perfect its about poor product, service and experience overall with Ford.

Last edited:

Sponsored

hussar1683

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB (on order)
My mom's explorer does too, she also has issues when it's been really cold. If there's any frost build up it's pretty much useless. She also leaves her key fob in her center console at all times....not something I'm planning on doing
Her car lets her leave the fob inside and lock the door?

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Yeah you don’t need it often, it comes in handy for me when I need to get something out of the car in the driveway and I don’t have my keys on me for example. Or on my old truck if I was going somewhere and didn’t want to have to keep my keys in my pocket all day I’d lock them in the truck once we got there and use the keypad to get back inside (Daring, I know…). Now the truck is smart enough to not let you do that though.
I am under the belief that if you hit the bottom 2 buttons together the truck will lock even if the flob was in it or not.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Her car lets her leave the fob inside and lock the door?
Don’t think so, my old (2015) F-150 did. Seems like anything with push button start, and therefore a sensor to know if the key is in the car or not doesn’t let you.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
I am under the belief that if you hit the bottom 2 buttons together the truck will lock even if the flob was in it or not.
Locking it from the app also lets you lock them in there.

RR89

First Name
Poindexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
Totally agree! The F150 keypad is WAYYY better. The Explorer one is not intuitive to wake up when it's dark. I much prefer the tactile feel of the buttons on the F150. I use the keypad almost everyday, especially in the summer when I'm wearing shorts and don't want to drag the car keys around.

The people that don't use it are missing out on a really great feature that other brands don't have!
Sponsored