First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost Max Tow FX4 7.2KW
Occupation
IT
@powerboatr LOL @ "diaper", but yea good idea.

I'm fine with one bolt missing. Still has 3 in frame and the two "weak" ones into the front cover. WAY stronger than what came off. For me, chances of a log are low. This is an almost $80K truck full of gizmos I don't want to replace. It'll see the beach (Daytona) and campgrounds / fields, but it's not gonna do any meaningful offroad work. Too freakin heavy anyway. Crew cab with power everything, giant sunroof and PowerBoost!? Weight is over 5k!

I appreciate the info on this. Thanks

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
@powerboatr LOL @ "diaper", but yea good idea.

I'm fine with one bolt missing. Still has 3 in frame and the two "weak" ones into the front cover. WAY stronger than what came off. For me, chances of a log are low. This is an almost $80K truck full of gizmos I don't want to replace. It'll see the beach (Daytona) and campgrounds / fields, but it's not gonna do any meaningful offroad work. Too freakin heavy anyway. Crew cab with power everything, giant sunroof and PowerBoost!? Weight is over 5k!

I appreciate the info on this. Thanks
i pegged a racoon at near 65 and it went thump with no damage :ROFLMAO:

ARegularJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2 Order: 22 Lariat 500A/3.5 EB/FX4/Max Tow/+
To add to the witness effect, I took the factory fiber off today at 15k to prep for the raptor cover which I’ve had Powder Coated, and the darn cover is already delaminating on the top side. This is without any damaging intersections with animals alive or dead…. Just falling apart. Sigh. I wonder if that’s covered by the warranty for the principal of the thing.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
To add to the witness effect, I took the factory fiber off today at 15k to prep for the raptor cover which I’ve had Powder Coated, and the darn cover is already delaminating on the top side. This is without any damaging intersections with animals alive or dead…. Just falling apart. Sigh. I wonder if that’s covered by the warranty for the principal of the thing.
Hey, Joe! I can take a closer look into your delaminating underbody cover warranty concerns if you are in need of assistance. Can you send us a PM with your VIN and the dealership name/location? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

Sponsored

PB_2021

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost Max Tow FX4 7.2KW
Occupation
IT
Hey, Joe! I can take a closer look into your delaminating underbody cover warranty concerns if you are in need of assistance. Can you send us a PM with your VIN and the dealership name/location? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".
Nice proactive approach, but you know, everyone in this thread is here because we've experienced this poorly designed fiber cover disentegrating. Mine was dragging - I was heading down the highway and at every expansion joint it bounced a little so I heard the bump at each joint. When I stopped I looked under and there it was, hanging.

I, like many here, did the Raptor metal plate install, and pitched the fiber cover.
Sponsored