Sponsored

7.2kw on-board generator tutorial for newbie?

JoeRedFly

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB
Occupation
Working
on that note, do you mind share where that button is to turn off the display? often time i sit in the truck with engine off, but the truck senses i'm inside the cabin so the screen would stay on, i don't want that to drain the battery when i was just sitting in there waiting for my kid's fencing class.
It's a physical button right below the screen with the volume and tune knobs. Can't miss it once you know it's there.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
In a Powerboost, would you turn the truck off and put it in accessory mode while sitting in the truck?

OP
OP

stlgrym3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB Lariat
In a Powerboost, would you turn the truck off and put it in accessory mode while sitting in the truck?
correct me if i'm wrong, in our Powerboost, if you shut off the engine but keep the door closed, it will be in accessory mode, you have all the features of the LCD display and bluetooth.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Perhaps. Unofficially, of course.

But I think it's on some kind of timer at that point.

One thing about the Powerboost and an EV, there is little reason to "turn them off", if you aren't exiting them yet.
And there are lots of occasions I leave both "on", even when I exit. :)

It is such a different scenario than a pure ICE vehicle.

Sponsored

dogboye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Perhaps. Unofficially, of course.

But I think it's on some kind of timer at that point.

One thing about the Powerboost and an EV, there is little reason to "turn them off", if you aren't exiting them yet.
And there are lots of occasions I leave both "on", even when I exit. :)

It is such a different scenario than a pure ICE vehicle.
It is on a timer. My wife (or I) have regularly had to wait for an hour or so at the equestrian barn where my daughter rides. The first time she did that in the PB, she had it in accessory mode. After, I think, 30 minutes, it shut itself down. I think it will even do this if you park it for that long and do NOT shut it down. To beat the timer, you have to put it in generator mode, best I recall.

OP
OP

stlgrym3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB Lariat
Newbie question, does this "accessory mode" triggered by press the power button but not applying the brake?