First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
So it looks like the 703A Platinum Plus is still going to follow the Limiteds, 'limited' bed length options and only be offered in 5.5ft bed.
I always thought the Platinum was the highest trim level because the Platinum could add any option that came with the Limited (except the God awful blue interior), but the Limited could NOT come with the 6.5ft bed option.

Here is a '24 build with a 157" WB option:

Ford F-150 5.0 engine unavailable to KingRanch and Platnium 2024 1708392282289

And here is a '24 build with the 143" WB option:

Ford F-150 5.0 engine unavailable to KingRanch and Platnium 2024 1708392357839

Oh wow and the 703A does NOT come in AMB?!?! Wow...

Ford F-150 5.0 engine unavailable to KingRanch and Platnium 2024 1708392472600

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
I always thought the Platinum was the highest trim level because the Platinum could add any option that came with the Limited .....
I've long thought the Platinum was like a "Director's cut" .... everything and only what 'The Director' wants :ROFLMAO:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I've always thought the Platinum/KingRanch were similar canvases for building up to a FULLY dolled up F150, at the buyers discretion.

One fit the executive in a dark suit and Italian shoes.
The other was a western style executive with ostrich skin boots.

Admittedly they can't have the same numerical designation. (7xx/6xx)

The Limited was just a "don't have time to pick from the buffet" , so just prepackaged loaded. Tri-coat White, unless you choose otherwise.

SilverPigeon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 KR 5.0L 157"WB RHD "Emaciated Edition"

Sponsored

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ha!
So where does that leave me wearing my Adidas Sambas, clutching my DeWALT tumbler coffee cup and pecking away at my laptop, 24/7?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I like em!
Especially the soles.

But can you get them with the rest of the shaft?
My socks will be a little tall otherwise :)

SilverPigeon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ha!
So where does that leave me wearing my Adidas Sambas, clutching my DeWALT tumbler coffee cup and pecking away at my laptop, 24/7?
If you have the Interior Work Surface, you are excused 🤔👍

SilverPigeon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I like em!
Especially the soles.

But can you get them with the rest of the shaft?
My socks will be a little tall otherwise :)
Longer trousers for you 🤣

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
If you have the Interior Work Surface, you are excused 🤔👍
I don't!!!
And I've been begging people to trade+cash me for theirs.
Ironically, I'm an old meathead, soccer, shotput, discus and now a big IT Nerd. I need that friggin table!!!
:(

Sponsored

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
If you want a 2024 regular cab short bed you are extremely limited in options.. Especially compared to a 2023. No XLT tow package carpet or power seat or work station. No FX in 4×4 or snowplow prep.
But the 12" screen and dash IS standard now. For me that's a real plus. Katskins can fix the seats and if I decide I want carpet later I'm sure I can add that. I just seen you can get the steering wheel leather covered for about $250.00.
I absolutely would get the 360 camera if offered but all in all the 2024 XL has what's important to me 5.0 12" screen and dash and hitch.

jasonkosi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2024 RCSB on order
If you want a 2024 regular cab short bed you are extremely limited in options.. Especially compared to a 2023. No XLT tow package carpet or power seat or work station. No FX in 4×4 or snowplow prep.
But the 12" screen and dash IS standard now. For me that's a real plus. Katskins can fix the seats and if I decide I want carpet later I'm sure I can add that. I just seen you can get the steering wheel leather covered for about $250.00.
I absolutely would get the 360 camera if offered but all in all the 2024 XL has what's important to me 5.0 12" screen and dash and hitch.
I still find it funny that Ford offers the FX4 on RCSB up here in Canada but makes it unavailable to you guys. I too was kind of bummed by the lack of options, but have since gotten over it as I prefer a simpler truck anyway. My 2024 order came in ~$6K (CAD) less than a 2023 XLT I configured prior (both RCSB). A lot of the little creature comforts you lose on the 24 XLs are relatively easy to add after.

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Reserved, 2022 Platinum on Order
I've always thought the Platinum/KingRanch were similar canvases for building up to a FULLY dolled up F150, at the buyers discretion.

Admittedly they can't have the same numerical designation. (7xx/6xx)

The Limited was just a "don't have time to pick from the buffet" , so just prepackaged loaded. Tri-coat White, unless you choose otherwise.
If you think about it... the "limited" trim didn't even make a ton of sense. You look at the other vehicles in Ford's lineup that have both a Platinum and Limited... the Platinum is above the limited. Limited, in car-terms, has always meant upscale. Platinum typically means one level above that.

I think if Ford could have "started from scratch" with the trim levels having no preconceived notions... the limited and platinum would have swapped places.... and then you'd kind of think "the limited doesn't really make much sense between the Lariat and Platinum".

That being said, the one thing that gets me -- if wanting to streamline the engines on the Plat/KR -- the choice of the 3.5 over the 5.0.

I don't know what 2021-23 sales were, but I'd imagine that a lot more Plat/KRs were equipped with 5.0s than 3.5 EBs. Seems to me that if you're in that price point of a truck, you're either environmentally conscious / going to opt for the powerboost; or you want the "no BS" of the 5.0.

As a 2022 owner who's racked up a bunch of miles, I was very much looking forward to getting a 2024... now I have a ton of pause.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
I don't know what 2021-23 sales were, but I'd imagine that a lot more Plat/KRs were equipped with 5.0s than 3.5 EBs.

I have no clue what the national figures might be, but it seems to me the majority of the dealer ordered trucks on my local lot were all 3.5 ecoboosts in 2023. very few had the 5.0. I dont recall any 2.7's. The Limiteds were all PowerBoost it seemed.
Sponsored