Sponsored

4/26 Build Week

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I got contacted by my dealer for the first time in almost 3 months. The email said my ETA is 9/15, so I sent him a screenshot of the Ford tracker stating otherwise and I asked if he had the right truck. He said he has the right truck because Ford gave him the opportunity to rebuild it.

I was JUST told about the rebuild order. Piss poor communication, man. If I knew they were reordering my truck, I would've made some additions. As long as my first build has no issues, I'm taking it when it arrives. Although I was blindsided, it's nice to have another build to fall back on should I reject the first truck.
Sponsored

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
I agree with your logic and have had the same internal discussion. The question I have for you did you put any money down and would your or my dealer be willing to move that to a 2022.
I got X-Plan price but other than that and a $500 discount for the 701A package, which was automatic, that's all. I put $1000 down. I think X-Plan pricing never stops so I could get that on a '22. If the price increase was more than the early depreciation then I gambled and lost.

Here's another fact that I forgot, and it's probably enough to push me over the edge. I'm going to be out of he country for the last two weeks of August, returning September 4. It's paid for and I can't change it. So I won't actually be using my truck until September and that's just two months before the factory switches over to producing 22's in November. So my truck would just be sitting outside for a couple of more weeks like the months it sat outside in Detroit. My actual driving time in 2021 would only be about three months even though I ordered it in February!

At this point I think I'll call the original ETA the sell-by date. If it gets here by then I'll take it but after that I'll cancel and reorder when I get back in September.

I would never have thought buying a truck could be this screwed up.

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got contacted by my dealer for the first time in almost 3 months. The email said my ETA is 9/15, so I sent him a screenshot of the Ford tracker stating otherwise and I asked if he had the right truck. He said he has the right truck because Ford gave him the opportunity to rebuild it.

I was JUST told about the rebuild order. Piss poor communication, man. If I knew they were reordering my truck, I would've made some additions. As long as my first build has no issues, I'm taking it when it arrives. Although I was blindsided, it's nice to have another build to fall back on should I reject the first truck.
Noone has been more upbeat and positive than you. I winced when I read your post, you of all people should have your truck. We're all pulling for you Bro.

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Ah. Now he says that Ford only allowed him to duplicate the build. Anyways, glad this buying experience is coming to an end sooner than later.

Sponsored

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Noone has been more upbeat and positive than you. I winced when I read your post, you of all people should have your truck. We're all pulling for you Bro.
Salute! I know this forum gives us space to vent, but I like to mix in positive vibes too. ?.

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Plat PB (Job 1)
I got X-Plan price but other than that and a $500 discount for the 701A package, which was automatic, that's all. I put $1000 down. I think X-Plan pricing never stops so I could get that on a '22. If the price increase was more than the early depreciation then I gambled and lost.

Here's another fact that I forgot, and it's probably enough to push me over the edge. I'm going to be out of he country for the last two weeks of August, returning September 4. It's paid for and I can't change it. So I won't actually be using my truck until September and that's just two months before the factory switches over to producing 22's in November. So my truck would just be sitting outside for a couple of more weeks like the months it sat outside in Detroit. My actual driving time in 2021 would only be about three months even though I ordered it in February!

At this point I think I'll call the original ETA the sell-by date. If it gets here by then I'll take it but after that I'll cancel and reorder when I get back in September.

I would never have thought buying a truck could be this screwed up.
There have been many reports of several dealers no longer accepting xplan, just something to be aware of.

While the latest information shows production of '22 to start on 12/6, that won't be for retail orders. Retail orders start once OK to Buy has been declared by Ford, which can sometimes be about a month. If your '22 order happens to be one of the first ones scheduled, I would still expect a January build and February delivery.

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There have been many reports of several dealers no longer accepting xplan, just something to be aware of.

While the latest information shows production of '22 to start on 12/6, that won't be for retail orders. Retail orders start once OK to Buy has been declared by Ford, which can sometimes be about a month. If your '22 order happens to be one of the first ones scheduled, I would still expect a January build and February delivery.
Thanks. I could probably live with a January or February delivery. Some of the things I wanted to do with this truck are already gone, and if I can't really use it until September then I'm in no hurry.

Maybe I could use the money to invest wisely instead. Real estate is always a good idea. I hear oceanfront condos in Surfside are going cheap these days.

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
Aye!!! I see you already changed the avatar. The Hoft did his job, so you put him away. Haha. @cghall77 and @minirx7 are next!
NO MOVEMENT!! i have spoke with my RV Dealer, i have until next tuesday to cancel my RV !!

JP MAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 XLT, Lariat, Platinum
I want to thank you all for helping keep me hopeful that my truck will eventually arrive. I have followed this thread since page 1, through all the ups and downs. My truck is not yet in my dirveway but it is showing built (7/13/21) and waiting to be shipped. You all are awesome and have provided very informative posts.
Congratulation!!!

Sponsored

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
For those of you you already have trucks 14th Gen or not, what tires do you recommend if I want an aggressive but relatively quiet set of tires?

Sarynnus

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Hello,

I'm a long time lurker in the forums, just never created an account.

Figured I'd post an update for statistic purposes.

My 2021 F150 Lariat 502a Powerboost finally had some movement today. Ordered on 03/06, Built on 04/28 and sat in the dreaded bone yard waiting for chips with the 10/31 ETA date until today.

Truck still shows "In Production" but my ETA date changed to 08/20 today.

Canadian Order
1FTFW1ED5MFB56418

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
Hello,

I'm a long time lurker in the forums, just never created an account.

Figured I'd post an update for statistic purposes.

My 2021 F150 Lariat 502a Powerboost finally had some movement today. Ordered on 03/06, Built on 04/28 and sat in the dreaded bone yard waiting for chips with the 10/31 ETA date until today.

Truck still shows "In Production" but my ETA date changed to 08/20 today.

Canadian Order
1FTFW1ED5MFB56418
Congrats! And you didn't even need to create an avatar . . . ;)
Sponsored