4/26 Build Week

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
I explored options with my dealer. He said the exact same truck I ordered (Lariat sport, 502A, crew cab 5.0L 4x4 short box) is $100-$120 biweekly more then the deal I have on my ordered truck. The MSRP of my truck is $74540 and I am paying $63200 (MSRP has also gone up on all models). The other issue is all incoming trucks are spoken for and there is a waiting list for any that become available. To me, walking away would be stupid and my dealer helped me confirm that. Why put in another order and 10k more then what I paid just to shorten the wait a little bit, we have to remain patient. You will have factory bumper to bumper warranty so if any issues arise, they will be taken care of. I'm also going to push for extended warranty or a service plan at a heavy discount. If there are issues they will likely show up in the first 6 months of ownership. Also, new car smell wont be gone, that smell takes months and months to go away, it's not like the doors are open and windows down with a breeze going through, or someone is smoking or eating fast food in the truck. It all comes down to finances and if you can wait, if you are ok with dropping up to an extra 10k then all the power to you but only you can make that decision. I am also in no rush as my current truck works fine.... knock on wood.
My reorder is 1300 less that my first order which was 500 under invoice because of rebates and an additional kick back for waiting 6 months . Prices have not changed.
Sponsored

mshipway

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
09 F150, '17 F150 '19 F150 ;21 F150
Occupation
Engineer
I explored options with my dealer. He said the exact same truck I ordered (Lariat sport, 502A, crew cab 5.0L 4x4 short box) is $100-$120 biweekly more then the deal I have on my ordered truck. The MSRP of my truck is $74540 and I am paying $63200 (MSRP has also gone up on all models). The other issue is all incoming trucks are spoken for and there is a waiting list for any that become available. To me, walking away would be stupid and my dealer helped me confirm that. Why put in another order and 10k more then what I paid just to shorten the wait a little bit, we have to remain patient. You will have factory bumper to bumper warranty so if any issues arise, they will be taken care of. I'm also going to push for extended warranty or a service plan at a heavy discount. If there are issues they will likely show up in the first 6 months of ownership. Also, new car smell wont be gone, that smell takes months and months to go away, it's not like the doors are open and windows down with a breeze going through, or someone is smoking or eating fast food in the truck. It all comes down to finances and if you can wait, if you are ok with dropping up to an extra 10k then all the power to you but only you can make that decision. I am also in no rush as my current truck works fine.... knock on wood.
Agreed
I have a 2019 with still 11 months left on my lease. THey asked me for the truck back and spun me into a better deal.
the 2021 i dont anticipate having long as I want the Lightning... so im not too worried of stuff going bad.. Just use the warranty if required.

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
Well here is what I did.

I ordered a Platinum February 15th. After an eternity I was given an April 30 build date. My April 30 build is sitting on Ramp 59 waiting for one computer module. It's been sitting there for six weeks and every day I'd rush to my computer and see if there was some sort of change in the status and every day I'd get pissed because nothing changed. My dealer was helpful but he didn't know anything more than what the Vehicle Visibility report showed.

So yesterday I cancelled my order.

There are incentives offered now until July 6 that I qualify for, $1500 at least and maybe $2000. I called another dealer and confirmed that, and also that they honored X-Plan pricing, which I have. Today I'm going to reorder my truck the same as it was but I'm not ordering the spray-in bed liner this time because it slows the delivery process and I hear Line-X is better. With the incentives and bed liner it's about $2100 cheaper than my original order.

I'm using a different dealer because he's a lot closer. On the phone he told me there are no allocations available now or next week, so that's a slowdown.

If this order gets me a truck in the next few months that would be good. It wouldn't have been sitting on a lot in the Michigan summer and it will be all new, it will be exactly what I wanted in the first place, I won't buy something I didn't want, and it will be a little cheaper. If it doesn't arrive before the 22's are available to order in mid-September then I'll cancel the order and order a 22. The closer it gets to September the more likely I'll just wait and order a 22.

I really wanted my original order but I just couldn't keep getting tortured, it was driving me crazy.

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
Looks like maybe a little progress... I was just about to repost a very long winded question I put on another forum.... whether it's best interest to wait and accept this truck when it comes in, reorder same truck,.. or wait for the 22 order bank to open up and reorder... (after I ordered this truck I have since realized I had a close family friend who owns a dealership... perhaps I could have gotten a better deal or X-Plan?)...
These forums make us crazy and at the same time are very supportive....

Eh.. what the hell I'm going to paste it anyway.

I just turned down the alternate (similar build) truck I had been watching which was just constructed Mid May... & is somehow already sitting on a dealer lot...!??... because, I guess understandably, they can offer no real discounts.. and it had some extra items I didn't originally want to pay for to boot..
Really torn at this point whether I want to keep waiting for my custom ordered "new" truck that's going to have been sitting for months, then chips installed, hosed off and Hopefully had some new car smell air freshener applied.
I could reorder at this point and get it mid to end of model year but that's not what I signed up for.
I also realized after my original order that I've got a pretty close family friend that owns a Ford dealership a few hours away I could have worked with and maybe gotten a better deal...
Anyway, long story short.....
Am I.....
1. better off to wait and accept previous April build whenever it shows up... At agreed upon pricing and discounts (which were fine but nothing that exceptional from what I've since seen from other posters and other forums).
2. Or... Press on to reorder same new truck now... not sure if the same dealer will even do it or with same pricing , as he shut that idea down and didn't want to respond to that option previously.
3. Or... Just hold off , take my deposit back and order a 22. Get it hopefully in a more reasonable time frame beginning of the year and not accept a truck a year depreciated that set outside for months....

Thoughts please????
As others have said every situation is different. For me, I spent some time yesterday talking to my local dealer (Who I did not order my truck from due to getting a better deal elsewhere) and explained what is going on as well as trying to find my options. He offered to order me another truck but could not match the deal I have on the existing truck. Surprisingly he was only around $5K off. I showed him the deal I have on the ordered truck and his recommendation was to take it. Basically said it would be foolish to not take it due to the good price on it. He said if I didn't like it after picking it up he would buy it and I would make a couple thousand on it. Since I also asked his thoughts on the Lighting, he also said I could drive it till the Lighting comes in and use it for trade in at that time and probably still not lose money on it.

He also feels we will have at least another year before Ford gets caught up with the microchip shortages to the point that all the factories will be completly open and the rebates and deep discounts come back.

A lot of this is speculation so take that for what it is worth, but for me, I am going to go ahead and take the truck. If issues start coming up or paint is faded or some reason I do not like it, then I will sell it, most likely for a profit. If everything seems good and I fall back in love with it then I will keep it.

If you were able to get a good deal when you ordered yours, it may be beneficial to check on what you can sell it for in your area. If nothing else it will give you something to drive while you are waiting for the replacement to come in.

One side note, which I think is completely unrelated to any of the inquiries I made at my local dealership, my out of state dealer, who I ordered the truck from, called me asking for a picture of my drivers license and my ETA updated from 10/31 to 9/4. So there may already be movements on our week's trucks.

Bocephus87

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F250, 2019 Ranger, 2021 F150 (Pending)
While this isn't new to the whole mess going on right now, but I now have a new ETA since yesterday. The Window Sticker came back Monday, and as of Yesterday my ETA is now "N/A" on Ford Tracker, or "1/1/1990" on the Forum Tracker! I'll let you all know once the Delorean is charged up and ready. Mine is a 4/27 Production for reference. Big part of me is pretty sure it's just a system refresh filling information back in, but after a month of 0 updates a small part has to wonder if something bigger triggered it.

Sponsored

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Seen this on the other forum.
I doubt Ford is following their own recommendations.

1623682045544.png
I will print this out and mail it to Ford headquarters. Let's all do that!

shtraver

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 f150 FX4, 2021 f150 lariat sport 5L
Mine updated this morning from a 10/31 delivery to a 7/6 delivery .
it’s listed as built , shipped now.
So now I get hold my breath for 2 weeks to see if Ford is just jerking my chain.

24C46D53-4343-4385-9173-B3E8B23DF85D.png
Trucks are moving, I hope we keep seeing this trend. Now I hope they get to the 4/28 trucks soon!!!

mshipway

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
09 F150, '17 F150 '19 F150 ;21 F150
Occupation
Engineer
im a 4/29 production date, still seeing 10/31 on the forum tracker i havent heard back from my dealer on the actual info.

Sponsored

Markl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Cabinet maker
im a 4/29 production date, still seeing 10/31 on the forum tracker i havent heard back from my dealer on the actual info.
[/QUOTE
Trucks are moving, I hope we keep seeing this trend. Now I hope they get to the 4/28 trucks soon!!!
Trucks are moving!

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week 5BCA778A-0FC6-4E17-B46C-0BFDC23767B7

F150 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Paint Horse
Mine has arrived at the dealership and I will be picking it up today/tomorrow.

Just to recap my order.

4/27 blend
4/28 Build
Dropped to 10/31 delivery
On June 3rd it shipped
Arrived last weekend.

So trucks missing parts in this build week have been completed and arriving at dealerships.

Markl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Cabinet maker
That's awesome. Too bad Ford is still screwing us that ordered in December and January.
Does the forum tracker relay the same info??
Hmmm I’ll have to check, I just checked on my phone, as I do religiously several times a day! I will check the forum tracker when I get a chance. I am hoping the two line up!
Sponsored