4/26 Build Week

trackrat

First Name
db
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Colorado Diesel
Since misery loves company I thought I'd stop lurking and join the conversation.

2021 F150KR-PB
Ordered 2-22-21
In Production 4-21-21
Est Delivery 10-31-21

Blend date from sticker 04/08

I trust the above parameters don't put me in a favorable position in the non-existent queue.
Sponsored

Blackdog

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited on Order, 2003 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Seen this on the other forum.
I doubt Ford is following their own recommendations.

1623682045544.png
And if they are not, they will have a lot to do to cure trucks for undercarriage rust that I've heard/read about. I'm thinking this is something I'll print out and take with me for my inspection at deliverance from Ramp59. And make it a condition of acceptance that they cleanup any rust. We don't rust (much) in California. Ford can certainly be held responsible to deliver vehicles that have been built, stored and transported to their standards and recommended maintenance.

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
Just checked, looks like my dealer is already starting to receive F150's with a blend date of 04-28-21.. This is great news!

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just checked, looks like my dealer is already starting to receive F150's with a blend date of 04-28-21.. This is great news!
Here is the tracker info of someone elses truck
Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week 1623716371625

And as per Cassens report:
Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week 1623716409774

Notice that ETA is June 25th, yet it arrives at the dealer way earlier at June 15th!!

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
1623716371625.png

1623716409774.png

Notice that ETA is June 25th, yet it arrives at the dealer way earlier at June 15th!!
I hope this means that our guys in this 4/26 build week gang who ordered last year will finally get priority for chips.

Sponsored

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
1623716371625.png

1623716409774.png

This is great. On the 9th my 4/29 blend date shipped but my 4/28 blend date is still on hold so I am hoping this is a good sign.

Niterider

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
factory worker
I stopped and spoke to my dealer today.

In short, they said the truck was "On hold". Surprise.

I did find out while talking to them that the two trucks that they received at the end of May wasn't really expected. The XL Powerboost was actually part of a 3 identical truck order from the local railyard and the one just showed up.

Another thing they mentioned when I asked about the $1000 incentive for those that are waiting for vehicles from April 1st to July 1st...they told me they added my deal to the list for that incentive. They didn't know if it would be approved, but they added it anyway.

They did ask if I was interested in the Limited Powerboost they have on the lot...I told them even if they sold it to me for the price of the truck that I ordered, I wouldn't be interested since its a White truck. If it had been anything but white...at this point maybe....

They did confirm that my orginal deal still stands.

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I hope this means that our guys in this 4/26 build week gang who ordered last year will finally get priority for chips.
I hope so my blend is April 26th. Been flip flopping as to whether i want to cancel both my RV and Truck or stick it out....

Sponsored

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150, Soon to be 2021 hybrid
Looks like maybe a little progress... I was just about to repost a very long winded question I put on another forum.... whether it's best interest to wait and accept this truck when it comes in, reorder same truck,.. or wait for the 22 order bank to open up and reorder... (after I ordered this truck I have since realized I had a close family friend who owns a dealership... perhaps I could have gotten a better deal or X-Plan?)...
These forums make us crazy and at the same time are very supportive....

Eh.. what the hell I'm going to paste it anyway.

I just turned down the alternate (similar build) truck I had been watching which was just constructed Mid May... & is somehow already sitting on a dealer lot...!??... because, I guess understandably, they can offer no real discounts.. and it had some extra items I didn't originally want to pay for to boot..
Really torn at this point whether I want to keep waiting for my custom ordered "new" truck that's going to have been sitting for months, then chips installed, hosed off and Hopefully had some new car smell air freshener applied.
I could reorder at this point and get it mid to end of model year but that's not what I signed up for.
I also realized after my original order that I've got a pretty close family friend that owns a Ford dealership a few hours away I could have worked with and maybe gotten a better deal...
Anyway, long story short.....
Am I.....
1. better off to wait and accept previous April build whenever it shows up... At agreed upon pricing and discounts (which were fine but nothing that exceptional from what I've since seen from other posters and other forums).
2. Or... Press on to reorder same new truck now... not sure if the same dealer will even do it or with same pricing , as he shut that idea down and didn't want to respond to that option previously.
3. Or... Just hold off , take my deposit back and order a 22. Get it hopefully in a more reasonable time frame beginning of the year and not accept a truck a year depreciated that set outside for months....

Thoughts please????

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
Looks like maybe a little progress... I was just about to repost a very long winded question I put on another forum.... whether it's best interest to wait and accept this truck when it comes in, reorder same truck,.. or wait for the 22 order bank to open up and reorder... (after I ordered this truck I have since realized I had a close family friend who owns a dealership... perhaps I could have gotten a better deal or X-Plan?)...

I just turned down the alternate (similar build) truck I had been watching which was just constructed Mid May... & is somehow already sitting on a dealer lot...!??... because, I guess understandably, they can offer no real discounts.. and it had some extra items I didn't originally want to pay for to boot..
Really torn at this point whether I want to keep waiting for my custom ordered "new" truck that's going to have been sitting for months, then chips installed, hosed off and Hopefully had some new car smell air freshener applied.
I could reorder at this point and get it mid to end of model year but that's not what I signed up for.
I also realized after my original order that I've got a pretty close family friend that owns a Ford dealership a few hours away I could have worked with and maybe gotten a better deal...
Am I.....
1. better off to wait and accept previous April build whenever it shows up... At agreed upon pricing and discounts (which were fine but nothing that exceptional from what I've since seen from other posters and other forums).
2. Or... Press on to reorder same new truck now... not sure if the same dealer will even do it or with same pricing , as he shut that idea down and didn't want to respond to that option previously.
3. Or... Just hold off , take my deposit back and order a 22. Get it hopefully in a more reasonable time frame beginning of the year and not accept a truck a year depreciated that set outside for months....

Thoughts please????
Each situation is different. Each person has different financial considerations, current vehicle / trade in situations and different areas of the country have different truck markets. In the end, only you can decide what best fits your needs or wants. Good luck in whatever path you choose.

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016

Am I.....

Thoughts please????
My 2 cents is press very hard for a conversation with the regional Ford rep. There are layers in their office. Go to the top. Do not take no for an answer. Speculating there are 15,000 F 150 trucks parked from about the first week of March until mid April. It appears they were parked like sardines first in and Ford seems to be working slowly on that pile last in first out. My 1/15 order was the 2 nd truck parked the first of March. If that’s the case you make be lucky enough to have yours completed soon. I spent some time yesterday sorting this out with a Ford executive. There is no chance the older orders will be dealt with until October. Getting a boneyard truck will essentially be like winning the lottery before October.
secondly, Ford has been quietly reordering under a priority code trucks for the customers who are in our group. Those orders are supposed to take priority over existing orders but the plant has been closed for F150 builds for 3 weeks and they are not scheduling orders again this week. There are piles of orders waiting for scheduling. If they schedule next week you are looking at an August delivery at best. We are looking for a similar build now that can be redirected in the next few weeks. Otherwise I am going to order a 22. These boneyard trucks are going to be a model year old when they get delivered.

shtraver

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 f150 FX4, 2021 f150 lariat sport 5L

Am I.....

Thoughts please????
I explored options with my dealer. He said the exact same truck I ordered (Lariat sport, 502A, crew cab 5.0L 4x4 short box) is $100-$120 biweekly more then the deal I have on my ordered truck. The MSRP of my truck is $74540 and I am paying $63200 (MSRP has also gone up on all models). The other issue is all incoming trucks are spoken for and there is a waiting list for any that become available. To me, walking away would be stupid and my dealer helped me confirm that. Why put in another order and 10k more then what I paid just to shorten the wait a little bit, we have to remain patient. You will have factory bumper to bumper warranty so if any issues arise, they will be taken care of. I'm also going to push for extended warranty or a service plan at a heavy discount. If there are issues they will likely show up in the first 6 months of ownership. Also, new car smell wont be gone, that smell takes months and months to go away, it's not like the doors are open and windows down with a breeze going through, or someone is smoking or eating fast food in the truck. It all comes down to finances and if you can wait, if you are ok with dropping up to an extra 10k then all the power to you but only you can make that decision. I am also in no rush as my current truck works fine.... knock on wood.
Sponsored