Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150
Occupation
Driver
Ordered 03/01
Blend 04/24
ETA went from 05/27 to 08/28
Dealer getting a call tommorow.......0 chance i take ownership of an end of year model thats been sitting for months.... 22 Tremor sounds better

Drufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lead Foot Lariat
In production 4/21 ETA is now 10/31. Its infuriating that Ford is building complete trucks while ours sit parked waiting for chips (making the assumption that mine is). They should be trying to clear the backlog of parked trucks before they build any new ones. how do we get their attention? Posts to their Facebook site, take to twitter? Complaining to the dealer is not going to do squat, we need to band together and give them encouragement via the threat of bad publicity. Strength in numbers! Any ideas?

N2Wind

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
In production 4/21 ETA is now 10/31. Its infuriating that Ford is building complete trucks while ours sit parked waiting for chips (making the assumption that mine is). They should be trying to clear the backlog of parked trucks before they build any new ones. how do we get their attention? Posts to their Facebook site, take to twitter? Complaining to the dealer is not going to do squat, we need to band together and give them encouragement via the threat of bad publicity. Strength in numbers! Any ideas?
I will be contacting my contact at the executive office in the morning. I will be giving her until the end of the day before I start contacting board members directly. Maybe once they start getting contacted, something will be done. My dealer has been left in the cold, I have been lied to by corporate, so now I go higher up. If I waiting until 10/31, why would I take delivery of a vehicle that has been sitting for over 190 days?

Sponsored

Sfortener

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 escape 1999 f250 2021 f150
I will be contacting my contact at the executive office in the morning. I will be giving her until the end of the day before I start contacting board members directly. Maybe once they start getting contacted, something will be done. My dealer has been left in the cold, I have been lied to by corporate, so now I go higher up. If I waiting until 10/31, why would I take delivery of a vehicle that has been sitting for over 190 days?
Agreed. This is exactly what needs to be done. They need to be made aware of what is going on. Their pockets are where they need to be hurt. Stock prices tank due to bad publicity and that might motivate them a bit. I’m sitting with 11/23/20 order date, 3/20/21 produced, now eta of 10/31/21. Almost a full year from order being placed. Executive office needs to make some SERIOUS amends for this SNAFU. Wether it be rebates, extended warranties, extended service plans, tire/wheel protection plans. She, if I’m waiting a year, it might as well be all of the above.

N2Wind

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Agreed. This is exactly what needs to be done. They need to be made aware of what is going on. Their pockets are where they need to be hurt. Stock prices tank due to bad publicity and that might motivate them a bit. I’m sitting with 11/23/20 order date, 3/20/21 produced, now eta of 10/31/21. Almost a full year from order being placed. Executive office needs to make some SERIOUS amends for this SNAFU. Wether it be rebates, extended warranties, extended service plans, tire/wheel protection plans. She, if I’m waiting a year, it might as well be all of the above.
I won't be waiting that long, at least not for this truck. If I wanted to wait that long, I would just wait on a 22 Tundra.

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
Agreed on both counts. I've contacted the customer relationship center and had them open a case. I've left 2 voicemails at the executive office. They have until EOD tomorrow to contact me and offer an explanation, plan, and apology. If that doesn't happen, I'll be contacting board members and press.

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
I won't be waiting that long, at least not for this truck. If I wanted to wait that long, I would just wait on a 22 Tundra.
Funny that the 22 Tundra was the only other truck I was interested in waiting for but it was too far off to think about when I ordered... little did i know....

N2Wind

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Funny that the 22 Tundra was the only other truck I was interested in waiting for but it was too far off to think about when I ordered... little did i know....
I am a Toyota guy. I had sworn off Ford after having to get a lawyer with my last F150... but I fell in love with the 21 F150 and figured I would have to have better luck... little did I know.

Sponsored

JDMan

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
If we're going to be honest for a second, the 2021+ F-150 is a great truck. That's why we're all willing to deal with this FUBAR situation. However, there is no world where an order made in 2020 should be behind dealer stock orders made in May 2021 being delivered in the same month.

If Ford wants to play that game, offer rebates on our delayed orders. But they better do it soon. Their PR firm is failing hard here.

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
If we're going to be honest for a second, the 2021+ F-150 is a great truck. That's why we're all willing to deal with this FUBAR situation. However, there is no world where an order made in 2020 should be behind dealer stock orders made in May 2021 being delivered in the same month.

If Ford wants to play that game, offer rebates on our delayed orders. But they better do it soon. Their PR firm is failing hard here.
Ford has zero incentive to offer any kind of discount, rebate, or any other kind of compensation for the delays. This is a industry-wide problem and the demand for trucks are thru the roof. If you walk away from your order, there will be 10 people lined up behind you to purchase it for more money than the deal you made when you ordered.

JDMan

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Ford has zero incentive to offer any kind of discount, rebate, or any other kind of compensation for the delays. This is a industry-wide problem and the demand for trucks are thru the roof. If you walk away from your order, there will be 10 people lined up behind you to purchase it for more money than the deal you made when you ordered.
Lol.. yeah, let's review this story in November 2021 with 2022s on the lot.

Last edited:

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
I tend to agree that Ford has zero short term financial incentive to offer any compensation. The long term incentive is not pushing the potential lifetime value of loyal customers to competing brands. That being said, I'm not holding my breath on Ford even officially acknowledging the issue at any point, let alone compensating for it.

DeliveryJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150
Occupation
Driver
Got bumped to October 31 for a delivery date, as if im keeping my order if thats the case ?
Sponsored