360 degree cameras - rear camera issue

ZamoJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Sport Appearance Lead Foot 5.0
I have a ‘21 F150 XLT 302A high with 360 degree camera and all that good stuff. My rear back up camera (on tail gate) is not properly align and is not level. I can see a bit of the left side of the tail gate on the screen when backing up and the entire edge of the bumper is angled a bit.
I asked the dealer to perform a 360 degree camera calibration but they say they can’t unless there is a standing TSB or some other ford initiated literature of some kind stating that the rear camera being misaligned is a current issue among various customers.
Does anyone out there know if there is such a TSB present for this rear camera issue? Is anyone else having the same problem with their rear back up camera being slightly angles and not level?
Sponsored

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
That's nonsense. Your camera isn't right so they should fix it under warranty. If your gas tank was leaking would they only fix it if 100 others had leaky tanks?

RedDragon65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
I have a ‘21 F150 XLT 302A high with 360 degree camera and all that good stuff. My rear back up camera (on tail gate) is not properly align and is not level. I can see a bit of the left side of the tail gate on the screen when backing up and the entire edge of the bumper is angled a bit.
I asked the dealer to perform a 360 degree camera calibration but they say they can’t unless there is a standing TSB or some other ford initiated literature of some kind stating that the rear camera being misaligned is a current issue among various customers.
Does anyone out there know if there is such a TSB present for this rear camera issue? Is anyone else having the same problem with their rear back up camera being slightly angles and not level?
No issues here with Front or Back cameras, they are pretty clear/well aligned, I had a lot of trouble with my cameras on my 2020 SuperDuty, that was due to supplier/cheap camera issues

I do believe my bed camera is grainy/blurry, not sure if its due to the sharp angle, will have dealer take a look at it next time I am in

Kalidor

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB King Ranch
Occupation
Network Engineer
I do believe my bed camera is grainy/blurry, not sure if its due to the sharp angle, will have dealer take a look at it next time I am in
For what it's worth, my bed camera resolution is garbage. I just assumed ford put a crappy camera there. If you see an improvement after the dealer visit please let us know

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
For what it's worth, my bed camera resolution is garbage. I just assumed ford put a crappy camera there. If you see an improvement after the dealer visit please let us know
Bed cameras are analog not digital. They are much lower quality. I did see somewhere online a company sells a camera that is a bit better, but it really didn’t look worth the money. They just fixed some of the color issues, the output is still analog. There is nothing you can do to make it better.
Sponsored