First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Iconic Silver Limited PowerBoost
Occupation
Software Engineer
Keep in mind i have a 22 super duty, I am not sure how ford has it disabled in your alls trucks, theres a lot of people working on it though. it could be a software deal or a firmware deal. be patient it will get figured out.
The newer F-150 builds (presumably Job #2) can access the cargo, hitch, and backup cameras at speed. We posted some videos and info in this thread. It looked like I could probably access a trailer camera as well (at least the expensive Ford one) but I don't have that so cannot confirm.
Sponsored

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
A bug with camera delay:

The camera delay feature keeps the backup camera on until you reach the cutoff speed. I use to keep the 360 view up while adjusting in a parking space.

The bug:
If the front parking sensors detect an object close enough to trigger the front view camera it switches (which is desired), but then overrides the delay so that as soon as the object is cleared all cameras turn off immediately (not desired).
This can have the effect of instantly turning off all cameras if something gets in front sensor range for a split second (as when swinging into a spot).

EatDirtFartDust

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Ford service manager
I have an XLT I just purchased yesterday and it lets me view the reverse camera, bed camera, aux trailer camera, all while driving down the highway.
I can even have the bed camera show up on the right side infotainment screen next to car play while I’m driving. I scroll up from the audio information the. Press a camera icon and it pops up.
My truck was recently built, as it’s only been on the lot for a couple weeks.

Steve2352

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 and 2019 Infiniti QX50
Occupation
Retired Business Executive
I have an XLT I just purchased yesterday and it lets me view the reverse camera, bed camera, aux trailer camera, all while driving down the highway.
I can even have the bed camera show up on the right side infotainment screen next to car play while I’m driving. I scroll up from the audio information the. Press a camera icon and it pops up.
My truck was recently built, as it’s only been on the lot for a couple weeks.
I have a 2021 Lariat. Can you tell me how I access the bed camera ? Back up, forward and 360 I can see fine but can’t figure out the bed camera and where it is in the menus

EatDirtFartDust

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Ford service manager
I have a 2021 Lariat. Can you tell me how I access the bed camera ? Back up, forward and 360 I can see fine but can’t figure out the bed camera and where it is in the menus
On the 12 inch screen, you know how it's divided and you can have the left 3/4 of the screen show one thing and then the right 1/4 of the screen show something else?
On my and other late build trucks you can have the 1/4 screen show the bed as one of the many options to show up there. Also you can press the camera button while driving and view the backup camera or bed camera.
I believe we've established that it's only trucks that were built sometime in August or September have the ability.

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
Very interested in this feature.. Does not wrok on my July built Lariat 502A build.

Does not work while towing as well.
Sponsored