36 gallon gas tank issue

Steve the Dude

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
I remember reading something somewhere that guys were having issues starting trucks parked on an incline because sensor thought the tank was dry when it was actually a 1/4 tank. I remember one guy said he could never let his tank get below 1/4 tank or else. Anyone know about this and have they fixed the issue?
Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I remember reading something somewhere that guys were having issues starting trucks parked on an incline because sensor thought the tank was dry when it was actually a 1/4 tank. I remember one guy said he could never let his tank get below 1/4 tank or else. Anyone know about this and have they fixed the issue?
I can see that happening
It a pretty big tank and the sender will problem be close to center.
( it is on my Chevy, and when the were killed happened, the assembly bent enough
so that fuel level did not read, but the pickup was still in the fuel)
If you are parking on a steep incline regularly, be wise to keep 1/4 or more in there on a regular basis.
I gas up before 1/4 anyway and park on flat ground.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
There really should be internal baffles to keep that from happening.

Maybe that’s why the tank reads empty on the 2021s when there’s still six gallons left?

Kinda like when Ford sent out new dipsticks to “fix” the oil consumption issue on the 5.0’s.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Haven’t heard about issues with the 21s yet, but did read that briefly somewhere on another forum for the last generation trucks.
Sponsored