First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2011 Crown Vic
Occupation
Retired Pharmacist
Having a 36 gall tank is a plus for sure…I swapped for a 36 tank in my 2011 ecoboost (36 tank not available with ecoboost the first year). I changed tanks but the used tank came with a pump of questionable history but it appeared the same as the 27 gallon tank pump I was replacing except the float arm on the sending unit was longer…I popped the 36 float arm off and installed it on my old pump and it worked fine. The pump was spring loaded so the slightLu deeper 36 gallon tank didn’t cause a problem. The DTE was still calculated using the 27 gallon formula but the guage read perfect. Later I updated the tank size using Forscan and the DTE worked fine. I bought a used tank via LKQ since they could ship using their internal parts transfer because nobody would ship a used tank using traditional shippers understandably.
Sponsored

tjarvis22

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SOON to be 2022 platinum 3.5 BAP
Occupation
Firefighter
the tank on my truck is from a '15.

regarding the fuel pump, i do not know if the pumps are the same from a v6 to a v8 engine, or if direct injection makes a difference. i bought only the tank from the '15 and then searched out the correct part number for my application (for the fuel pump), '21 f150 with the extended range tank and the 5.0 motor. the part number is probably in this thread somewhere. I also found pics on another forum that the clearly showed the extended range fuel pump was a little bit taller than the pump for a 26 gallon tank. i am satisfied that i have the correct pump as i've gone over 600 miles on a tank of gas. the shorter fuel pump would have not gone as far as it wouldn't reach the bottom of the tank. IIRC the part number from rock auto is pfs1350. The Ford number is different and I'm sure easily available searching thru any of the factory Ford parts suppliers.

i would suggest buying a ford supplied part. i read on another forum a member did this swap and bought an aftermarket pump and some of the connectors were different and it was throwing an evap code or something.
so a tank from a 2015 will 100% fit? Reason why I’m double checking is a junk yard near me has a 36 gal from a 2015 and I’ll grab it tomorrow for my 22 if it will for sure work.

tjarvis22

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SOON to be 2022 platinum 3.5 BAP
Occupation
Firefighter
Disregard that last post. Just looked up the part number for the fuel tank and it says 2015-2023
Sponsored