26 April Production Constraints

802screw

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch Powerboost 157"
I am about 4 plus months into this blind journey we call Ford retail purchasing. Seems like I have learned so much from this forum in a matter of days/weeks than my dealership cares to assist with, so thank you all for the great knowledge.

I asked my guy last week for a list of things that might be holding up production and to my surprise this list is generated each and every Tuesday, so today was the day we got the updates and its pretty grim to say the least. My build is in the signature, I have already removed spray in liner and wheel well liners, but here is what is on the Ford production restraint list as of today (pertaining to my build only...not inclusive). I guess if you have any of these on your order your odds may have just gone down.

1. Twin Panel Sunroof
2. Max Recline Seats
3. 4X4 (yes you read that right....4X4 trucks, wow)
4. All Gas Engines

Guess chances are slim to none this gets scheduled on Thursday, but then again its calls production restraints not production eliminations haha. Good luck everyone.

I checked in with my GM and my build is 1-3 + powerboost. Per his sheet on Tuesday nothing on my build is restrained.

Anyone know if these constraints are regional due to allocation grouping? I.e. Northeast (Boston) may have different allocations this week vs another region?

Reason I ask, is the GM mentioned scheduling was happening regionally for orders to catch up those way behind (like some.on this thread). If it is, then the restraints could be by region due to how they are allocating parts.

They have 3 KRs on order, including mine, none have been scheduled in 6+ months. But platinums and lariats are getting pulled weekly.
Sponsored

Paddler

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost
I'm perpetually disappointed with my order (ordered on May 1). I just had them delete the BAP and wheel well liners. I kept the max recline seats (even though there is a delay with them). Moonroof was not brought up. 4x4 was not brought up.

I feel that I will get my Lightning (with a July reservation date mind you) before I get my ICE truck.

But hey, this Sunday will be my one year anniversary. I'm trying to figure out what to do for the occasion.
My order was put in June 3, converted to MY22 on October 25. Stuck at priority 2 since November. Similar build to yours. A month ago I had the buying manager escalate this up to the regional manager to get it scheduled. It felt that my order was stuck in purgatory. He was able to get it scheduled. Mine is now being built this week. Good Luck.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Yes and no. They can run some numbers and provide some ranges. Anyone with a good supply understanding can give more than Ford is giving today.
Ford has been dealing with this for 2 years now, sure there are real supply challenges but things are getting made at record volumes, but it’s not enough.
This is just not reality today.

We have the same supplier issues as every OEM is having these days.

We have zero clue on what we will recieve or when.

There is no way possible to tell our customers any ETA on shipping when we get zero info on when we can build.

DarkSkyForever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F150 701A (Ordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Mine was scheduled this week, and I have 3 of the 4 constraints (engine, moon roof, 4x4). So it isn't impossible.

Last edited:

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 F150 Platinum PB
I am about 4 plus months into this blind journey we call Ford retail purchasing. Seems like I have learned so much from this forum in a matter of days/weeks than my dealership cares to assist with, so thank you all for the great knowledge.

I asked my guy last week for a list of things that might be holding up production and to my surprise this list is generated each and every Tuesday, so today was the day we got the updates and its pretty grim to say the least. My build is in the signature, I have already removed spray in liner and wheel well liners, but here is what is on the Ford production restraint list as of today (pertaining to my build only...not inclusive). I guess if you have any of these on your order your odds may have just gone down.

1. Twin Panel Sunroof
2. Max Recline Seats
3. 4X4 (yes you read that right....4X4 trucks, wow)
4. All Gas Engines

Guess chances are slim to none this gets scheduled on Thursday, but then again its calls production restraints not production eliminations haha. Good luck everyone.
Interesting. My 4x4 Platinum has a moonroof and was scheduled for May 30.

I removed the Max Recline Seats, which seem to be the biggest hold. I threw them on as an afterthought and can't help kicking myself for it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

MontanaFred

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
Occupation
AD Air Force
Interesting. My 4x4 Platinum has a moonroof and was scheduled for May 30.

I removed the Max Recline Seats, which seem to be the biggest hold. I threw them on as an afterthought and can't help kicking myself for it.
Congrats on your build date. I still havent seen very many positive posts today saying they got their build date. I think you are one of like two or three. I keep saying a restraint does not mean halt, but folks cant grasp that. I wasnt successful today. I'll keep the max recline seats because I wont budge on those. If this December 2021 order gets pushed to a 2023 build...I will just get my money back and drive the 2014 till it doesn't go anymore haha. Again, congrats on your build date, exciting times for you!

OP
OP

MontanaFred

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
Occupation
AD Air Force
I checked in with my GM and my build is 1-3 + powerboost. Per his sheet on Tuesday nothing on my build is restrained.

Anyone know if these constraints are regional due to allocation grouping? I.e. Northeast (Boston) may have different allocations this week vs another region?

Reason I ask, is the GM mentioned scheduling was happening regionally for orders to catch up those way behind (like some.on this thread). If it is, then the restraints could be by region due to how they are allocating parts.

They have 3 KRs on order, including mine, none have been scheduled in 6+ months. But platinums and lariats are getting pulled weekly.
That is a great point about restraints possibly being regionally, that I do not know. Best of luck getting a build date soonest.

MTNMN

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (2022 F-150 King Ranch On Order)

There is no way possible to tell our customers any ETA on shipping when we get zero info on when we can build.
I agree with this 100%

As someone who was in sales for Ford, and now work in Purchasing, its a nightmare and there are no solid answers.

All these guys complaining about how Ford is messed and blah blah blah have no clue of the nightmare.

super sparky

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
two ford transits, ford edge st
Occupation
electrical contractor

would be nice if my platinum order got pulled been waiting since oct last year

802screw

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch Powerboost 157"
would be nice if my platinum order got pulled been waiting since oct last year
I'm not far behind you in early November, but no luck last week for me... will pray to the scheduling gods again this week lol.

Sponsored

Alexk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Order ‘22 F150 Platinum Powerboost Carbonized Gray

I can tell you, the big players, the ones with influence and more mature supply chains, know when they are getting more product. They have teams micro-managing the crap out of the supply chain today. I live it daily and I can tell you the customers I work with know what they are getting and when.

Again, yes there are supply chain issues. But I wouldn't be so quick to not challenge Ford to do better. They may have challenges, but they also have management issues. You don't have to go far to see in their announcements they are screwing over customers with pending orders for PR reasons. They admitted to have 53K vehicles waiting on chips, but also said they would prioritize all chips to Lightning orders. FYI 53K chips is a miniscule drop in the bucket the size of a large lake, of all the chips that are made every day. China alone, makes over 1 Billion chips/day.

They are also picking/choosing who gets Lightning orders, since my friend is getting his (reservation a week later) over others, including myself who made a reservation on announcement day.

All of this is bad customer management and bad allocation management in a constrained supply situation.

As the customer, we all should demand better.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I can tell you, the big players, the ones with influence and more mature supply chains, know when they are getting more product. They have teams micro-managing the crap out of the supply chain today. I live it daily and I can tell you the customers I work with know what they are getting and when.

Again, yes there are supply chain issues. But I wouldn't be so quick to not challenge Ford to do better. They may have challenges, but they also have management issues. You don't have to go far to see in their announcements they are screwing over customers with pending orders for PR reasons. They admitted to have 53K vehicles waiting on chips, but also said they would prioritize all chips to Lightning orders. FYI 53K chips is a miniscule drop in the bucket the size of a large lake, of all the chips that are made every day. China alone, makes over 1 Billion chips/day.

They are also picking/choosing who gets Lightning orders, since my friend is getting his (reservation a week later) over others, including myself who made a reservation on announcement day.

All of this is bad customer management and bad allocation management in a constrained supply situation.

As the customer, we all should demand better.
100% wrong.

We are a big player. World wide leader in our market. Yearly sales numbers are in the billions. In 2021, our sales were 75 Billion, in an off year.

We sell spare parts that are twice what you paid for your F150. We sell systems with a price tag of 10's and 100's of millions of dollars.

We have no idea when suppliers will deliver or what they will deliver.

Demand all you want. Aint gonna change anything.

I think you need to realize how big of an issues this is, and how bad it can get real fast.

Alexk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Order ‘22 F150 Platinum Powerboost Carbonized Gray
100% wrong.

We are a big player. World wide leader in our market. Yearly sales numbers are in the billions. In 2021, our sales were 75 Billion, in an off year.

We sell spare parts that are twice what you paid for your F150. We sell systems with a price tag of 10's and 100's of millions of dollars.

We have no idea when suppliers will deliver or what they will deliver.

Demand all you want. Aint gonna change anything.

I think you need to realize how big of an issues this is, and how bad it can get real fast.
Lol

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Sounds like it might be *GASP* Industry dependent, and there is no one reality for everyone.

OP
OP

MontanaFred

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
Occupation
AD Air Force
Here is another piece of fat to chew on and for people to undoubtedly question. Just got the call from my salesman telling me that Ford has issued a statement that Max Recline Seats will be removed from all builds, along with the active park assist (which we already knew). I am heading in to acknowledge the new build sheet now.

So if you thought you were getting a truck with Max Recline seats in 2022 from this point on, think again or if you do, I am really jealous haha. Pretty soon they will have removed enough stuff to get my KR down to a lowly XL. I am not thrilled one bit about removing the seats.
Sponsored