Sponsored

22/23 Built and in Shipping Purgatory ETA (Estimated Time of Absurdity)

when was it recieved

• Total voters

LastF150

First Name
Barett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Can I join in all the fun?
2022 Platinum power boost
Ordered 2/28/22
Confirmed 2/28/22
Scheduled 7/11/22
Pushed back till 8/22/22
Micro chip hold till 12/7/22
Passed final ready for shipment 12/7/22
Delivery date changes every week to one week ltet
Last week 1/19/23 found out truck was damaged before being shipped with over $1000 in damage.
Friday 1/27/22 no one can provide an update.
Sponsored

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
How does that work on a VIN history if the vehicle was damaged before you took delivery?

J17GT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
How does that work on a VIN history if the vehicle was damaged before you took delivery?
Not sure yet. No one can answer any question I have.
My truck was damaged in shipping. It's getting a new front bumper and scratches on the hood fixed. Granger confirmed it will not diminish the truck's value and will not show up on any carfax report etc. If my truck was one that was just being ordered to sell off the lot, they'd fix it and sell it to someone as brand new. No one would know.

LastF150

First Name
Barett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My truck was damaged in shipping. It's getting a new front bumper and scratches on the hood fixed. Granger confirmed it will not diminish the truck's value and will not show up on any carfax report etc. If my truck was one that was just being ordered to sell off the lot, they'd fix it and sell it to someone as brand new. No one would know.
How long from finding out it had damage was it till you found out what the damage was. Then how long did it take to fix and then how long till you got it

I’m at 48 weeks from date of order currently.

Sponsored

PPD3298

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150, soon to be 2023 F-150
How long from finding out it had damage was it till you found out what the damage was. Then how long did it take to fix and then how long till you got it

My truck arrived at the dealership last Thursday damaged. My salesperson called me the next day as he was off when the truck came in and told me where the damage was. He called yesterday to update me on the progress for replacing the doors that were damaged.

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
Got a call from my dealership this morning. My truck did indeed need both passenger doors replaced from damage in transport. Truck should be ready Monday morning so hopefully I'll pick it up Monday evening. 🤞
Replaced? As in you're getting two new doors swapped out? :oops:

J17GT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a

Was informed of the damage the day after it was delivered and was provided pictures. Truck assessed by body shop two days later and parts ordered. This all happened last week. Still waiting for an ETA of the repairs will be complete.

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
So are the damages we are hearing about in shipping normal? Or have they sort of jumped up in frequency a bit due to maybe the increased overall volume, or is Ford hiring subpar venders to do the shipping given a shortage of truckers, labor, etc.?

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
So are the damages we are hearing about in shipping normal? Or have they sort of jumped up in frequency a bit due to maybe the increased overall volume, or is Ford hiring subpar venders to do the shipping given a shortage of truckers, labor, etc.?
My guess is that it always happened, but we never knew about it previously as the majority of the orders were dealer allocation as opposed to special orders.

Sponsored

LastF150

First Name
Barett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Was informed of the damage the day after it was delivered and was provided pictures. Truck assessed by body shop two days later and parts ordered. This all happened last week. Still waiting for an ETA of the repairs will be complete.
Who sent you pictures? It sounds like yours got damaged from plant to local dealer?
I am trying to get pictures or the truck sent to local dealer so I can see damage. This all happened at the flat rock plant or so they think that is where the truck is.

J17GT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
Who sent you pictures? It sounds like yours got damaged from plant to local dealer?
I am trying to get pictures or the truck sent to local dealer so I can see damage. This all happened at the flat rock plant or so they think that is where the truck is.
The dealer, Granger, sent me the pictures (they are posted in this thread somewhere). Yes, it was damaged at some point during the shipping process.

J17GT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
My guess is that it always happened, but we never knew about it previously as the majority of the orders were dealer allocation as opposed to special orders.
Sadly it seems more common that we realize. The dealer's email to me after it arrived straight up says we will look for damages to the vehicle. The damage to mine was a bit more than what they typically see, but it's not uncommon at all.

PPD3298

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150, soon to be 2023 F-150
Was supposed to pick up my truck from the dealer on Monday after they replaced both passenger side doors. Got a call that morning that they would not get it finished so I rescheduled the pick up for this afternoon. Dealership called this morning to tell me Ford sent doors that were not properly stamped. The sales guy didn't know exactly what the body shop meant by that but they were waiting on a call from Ford on how to proceed. Quick recap, 45 days for the truck to ship convay 45 miles from the factory. Truck arrived at the dealership damaged and now 13 days later, still no end in sight.
Sponsored