Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT Sport
Occupation
US Army 1SGT (Retired)
I have a 21 F-150 that does not have the 360 camera system. I have a camper and I need to remove my tailgate. I want to take the OME camera out of my tailgate latch and re-locate it on my camper, but I need to extend the cables in order to reach the new location.

I've contacted several Ford dealers and many camper dealers but non of them can help me locate the proper cables to extend the length on my camera. I've searched the internet, but that didn't result in any cables with the right connectors either.

The connector on my truck harness for the camera is small and round connector (See the image).

I'm sure someone has already done this on a 21 F-150, so I can use any help you can give in sourcing the correct cables and some input on how best to do this.

I don't want to spend a lot of money on a whole after market kit with a new camera when I already have a good camera in a tailgate that I'm just going to take off anyway. So I just want to use the same camera, but move it to the top back of my camper. Just need extension cables that are plug and play.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ford F-150 21 F-150 Relocation (extension) of OME Tailgate Camera Cables Help Needed Truck Camera Plug.JPEG
Sponsored

Sparkybrent

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat LB
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I have a 21 F-150 that does not have the 360 camera system. I have a camper and I need to remove my tailgate. I want to take the OME camera out of my tailgate latch and re-locate it on my camper, but I need to extend the cables in order to reach the new location.

I've contacted several Ford dealers and many camper dealers but non of them can help me locate the proper cables to extend the length on my camera. I've searched the internet, but that didn't result in any cables with the right connectors either.

The connector on my truck harness for the camera is small and round connector (See the image).

I'm sure someone has already done this on a 21 F-150, so I can use any help you can give in sourcing the correct cables and some input on how best to do this.

I don't want to spend a lot of money on a whole after market kit with a new camera when I already have a good camera in a tailgate that I'm just going to take off anyway. So I just want to use the same camera, but move it to the top back of my camper. Just need extension cables that are plug and play.

Any help would be appreciated.

Truck Camera Plug.JPEG
I bought an ARE construction shell for my 21 Lariat. I bought the optional camera package along with electric locks for the shell doors. They offered to install everything for $75 and I wasn't going to argue with that! Turns out the camera package included a housing and cable only as I discovered they removed the camera from my tailgate.

I would contact an ARE dealer in your area. One thing to note is that every time you put it in reverse, you will get a warning message that the automatic braking system is inoperable. This is because the location of the camera is no longer recognized by the computer.

OP
OP
Baywolf

Baywolf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
US Army 1SGT (Retired)
I bought an ARE construction shell for my 21 Lariat. I bought the optional camera package along with electric locks for the shell doors. They offered to install everything for $75 and I wasn't going to argue with that! Turns out the camera package included a housing and cable only as I discovered they removed the camera from my tailgate.

I would contact an ARE dealer in your area. One thing to note is that every time you put it in reverse, you will get a warning message that the automatic braking system is inoperable. This is because the location of the camera is no longer recognized by the computer.
Thanks Sparky.
Just so happens that the "camper" I was referring to is an ARE with the full walk through back door option. I'm ordering it now, but the rear view camera option is an additional $410 dollars! That's pretty steep if it truly only is a cable extension and camera housing.

I'll give ARE technical a call and see if I can get some additional information.

Thanks again. Could you post a picture of your final camera install?

Popplemer

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'87 F250 460 5 Speed, 2023 302A PB 157"
Thanks Sparky.
Just so happens that the "camper" I was referring to is an ARE with the full walk through back door option. I'm ordering it now, but the rear view camera option is an additional $410 dollars! That's pretty steep if it truly only is a cable extension and camera housing.

I'll give ARE technical a call and see if I can get some additional information.

Thanks again. Could you post a picture of your final camera install?
I love that unit! I called a local dealer and they did everything in their power to talk me out of buying it 🤷. I'll watch the thread in hopes that I get to see the cap and camera installed!!

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB

Sponsored

OP
OP
Baywolf

Baywolf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
US Army 1SGT (Retired)
OK, I called ARE and confirmed that they DO NOT install the camera at the factory when they build the unit. They send a "kit" to the dealer and the dealer installs the camera. I got the part number and with some investigation, found out that a company called ZORG (ZORG Ford F-150 Relocation Kit) makes the kit that ARE send to the dealers. ZORG does not sell retail, but the owner, Jeff gave me a contact retailer that does. Bob's Mirrors and more.
The part number is: 24845-4210 Just use the 4210 and you should find it.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
OK, I called ARE and confirmed that they DO NOT install the camera at the factory when they build the unit. They send a "kit" to the dealer and the dealer installs the camera. I got the part number and with some investigation, found out that a company called ZORG (ZORG Ford F-150 Relocation Kit) makes the kit that ARE send to the dealers. ZORG does not sell retail, but the owner, Jeff gave me a contact retailer that does. Bob's Mirrors and more.
The part number is: 24845-4210 Just use the 4210 and you should find it.
bob's mirrors is linked above and looks to be exactly what you're looking for at half the cost.
Sponsored