Sponsored

Illuminating Homelink Buttons?

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
Maybe this isn't an issue for most, but does anyone else think it's hard to find the Homelink buttons on the sun visor at night? Sometimes it's not just finding them, but finding which one is the right one? I know it only takes a few extra seconds to find them and figure out which one is which, but wouldn't it make it much easier if they were illuminated? On other vehicles I have owned the Homelink buttons were illuminated so I was thinking of figuring out a way to do it. I'm not near my truck to check, but does anyone know if the vanity light is on all of the time or only when the mirror cover is opened? If the light is constantly on, wouldn't it be fairly easy to tap off of it with a single LED which would be enough to illuminate all 3 buttons if each of the buttons had a small hole drilled in them (picture shows what I am envisioning)? I'm sort of thinking out loud on this idea but was hoping to get some feedback to see if it was worth pursuing.

Ford F-150 Illuminating Homelink Buttons? Homelink
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blue22

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think you are referring to the Homelink icon. I want to have each button illuminated all of the time so they are easy to find in the dark.

LD50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Raptor, 2022 Lariat on order
To each their own, but personally, I would find it very annoying to have those buttons lit up or glowing constantly right at the upper field of my vision while I'm driving. I've got 2 garage doors programmed into mine and it never takes me more than second to locate the button I need from memory.

If you find it worth pursuing, you should be able to tap into the wires for the vanity mirror prior to the switch where they would remain hot.

OP
OP
Blue22

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
To each their own, but personally, I would find it very annoying to have those buttons lit up or glowing constantly right at the upper field of my vision while I'm driving. I've got 2 garage doors programmed into mine and it never takes me more than second to locate the button I need from memory.

If you find it worth pursuing, you should be able to tap into the wires for the vanity mirror prior to the switch where they would remain hot.
I can see where your coming from but for me personally, I have never had an issue with the lighted buttons on any of my other vehicles since the light is very dim. I think the main reason I am thinking about doing it is because I am running out of cheap mods to do to my truck and I like tinkering with stuff so I thought I would explore the possibility of adding it. I found this product on Amazon and it looks like it is a direct fit. Even though it is not really cheap, I might just order it and see if it fits. I'll post an update if I do.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A79G9FY/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza
Sponsored

Last edited: