Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Unless it is a company truck the smart move financially is to buy out the lease on the 2021 truck. If leasing a replacement truck the best move is to wait until the 2023 models start to be heavily discounted and there are factory rebates being offered.

Often the last two weeks of December are good times to get a deal as the dealers get additional discounts and the more units they sell in one year the greater their allocation will be for the next year. I also like to arrive two hours before they are going to close their office as that puts time pressure on the dealer's people. I also start with the top person which is going to be either the sales manager or the finance manager.
You are the man now dog (Sean Connery voice). Seriously though, thank you very much for all those pointers. I’m gonna follow them word for word except for the manager part because the managers at the dealership I go to are rather unsavoury characters.
Sponsored

RCHAWES

First Name
Regan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Consultant
Holy shit I’ve never seen those before and as much as I love new stuff I think I might have to agree with you on the looks of that new front end. It’s not terrible but it looks a bit delicate
Kinda like a Chevy. The body now has bumper steps. Looks General Motors now. Front end is, in my opinion, a move in the wrong direction.

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
What often happens if working with a lower level salesperson is that they will say they cannot accept whatver you propose but need to get approval. They will then make you wait in an effort to wear you down and come back and say that their "boss" refused the change(s). Eliminating the middle person takes care of this.

The customer is always at a disadvantage and that is why I arrive late in the day so the sales people are tired and thinking about going home and more likely to accept my requests.

It is also much easier to negotiate on extras. If they see a deal for a $50K truck at risk they are much more likely to go along with upgraded tow mirrors or a free bed mat or truck tool box or side steps.
When I bought a 2011 Chevy diesel I got the dealer to provide tow mirrors, GM bed mat, GM diamond plate aluminum tool box, and side steps, free to me. Worst case is to ask for free installs of an item and to sell it to you at their invoiced cost. I request a full tank of gas and with my 2022 F-150 that represented $200 in free fuel.

Avoid talking about the monthly payment and focus on the bottom line cost to you with all charges added on. When I spend 4 hours to save $400 that represents $600 in gross income and that is how I view the effort versus the benefit.

Helps to have someone with you who can pretend to talk you out of buying the truck as part of your negotiating tactics.

Be aware that what is termed "dealer's cost" is not the amount that the dealer will actually pay the factory. They get discounts based on units sold during a sales period and various factory incentives.

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
I messed up and waited too long to place my order for a 2023 XL and now they’re only doing 2024 orders.

I wanted as least tech as possible because I hate all the Ford tech I’ve come across on my 2021 XLT 302A. Screen wilds out every month or two and all the alerts and shit I get.

I wanted a 2023 to keep forever. The all digital screens and dash on the 2024 plus the missing 2400 parts scare me. The analog dash and 3.3 non turbo on the 2023 I wanted to order would’ve been something I could fix cheap and keep at least for 500k. I like the 23 front end better too.

What do you guys think should I just search for a 23 sitting on a lot somewhere or am I overreacting with the 2024 anxiety?

King Luis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo XC60 and 23' Tremor 5.0 ordered.
In Canada. I think the 2023 order books are still open. So I was lucky to order a 23 tremor with what I wanted. If I waited and went for a 24, I’d have to spend more, wait longer for it and spend at least 5% more on interest.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
In Canada. I think the 2023 order books are still open. So I was lucky to order a 23 tremor with what I wanted. If I waited and went for a 24, I’d have to spend more, wait longer for it and spend at least 5% more on interest.
Please send me the phone number for the dealer you ordered at. The dealers I’ve spoken to in Scarborough, Mississauga and Oakville in Ontario all said they can’t put in any orders for a 2023 anymore.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
If you scourge around you may find a dealer that has a dealership order in but has not been built yet and they may be able to change that order for you. It may even be too late for that but that is a possibility. Good luck with the hunt.

King Luis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo XC60 and 23' Tremor 5.0 ordered.
Please send me the phone number for the dealer you ordered at. The dealers I’ve spoken to in Scarborough, Mississauga and Oakville in Ontario all said they can’t put in any orders for a 2023 anymore.
Hanna Ford in Collingwood. this was about 2 weeks ago or so when i ordered. at that point they said they haven't received anything from Ford Co for regarding 2024s. things could have changed int he last week or so.
But Rene and a lady in sales both at Hanna Ford in Collingwood helped me.

Dale B

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150(on order), SL500, S430, Boxster, 930, CJ5
Occupation
Retired
I canceled my order for a 2023 F-150 and placed an order for a 2024. Due to most of the options that I had ordered on the 2023 becoming standard on the 2024 model, the price of the 2024 dropped over $2,000 over the same 2023 model. You have to look at your desired configuration to compare prices. On the regular cab, the 5.0V8, 3.73 locking rear end, the safety stuff like 360Degree, XM radio, trailer hitch, and LED headlights are now standard.

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
I canceled my order for a 2023 F-150 and placed an order for a 2024. Due to most of the options that I had ordered on the 2023 becoming standard on the 2024 model, the price of the 2024 dropped over $2,000 over the same 2023 model. You have to look at your desired configuration to compare prices. On the regular cab, the 5.0V8, 3.73 locking rear end, the safety stuff like 360Degree, XM radio, trailer hitch, and LED headlights are now standard.
I don’t know how you got the price to go down but when I built a 2024 on the American site it was almost $10k higher than the same build for 2023.

All the new tech features are really what turned me away from the 2024 but the price just pushed it over the edge. I built an XL Supercrew with the only options added were 4x4 and the side steps. Came out to $49k usd ($67k cad). That’s just not gonna work for me.

Sponsored

Dale B

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I don’t know how you got the price to go down but when I built a 2024 on the American site it was almost $10k higher than the same build for 2023.

All the new tech features are really what turned me away from the 2024 but the price just pushed it over the edge. I built an XL Supercrew with the only options added were 4x4 and the side steps. Came out to $49k usd ($67k cad). That’s just not gonna work for me.
I have attached the build and price for the 2023 that I had on order and the 2024 that I now have on order.

2023 $46,390 less the Acquisition fee of $645 = $45,745

2024 $43,580

Savings for going with the 2024 = $2,165 Plus these options are now included:

XM radio
Voice recognition on Sync 4
LED headlights

It depends on your configuration. I don't use a truck to haul people, so I don't need or want a back seat. I like the blind spot monitoring on my wife's Ford, so I wanted it on a new truck.
Now it comes standard. I wanted a 5.0 V8, 3.73, and trailer hitch. They are all standard now.

Changing to a 2024 was a no brainer for me, I just have to wait a little longer.

Attachments

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
I have attached the build and price for the 2023 that I had on order and the 2024 that I now have on order.

2023 $46,390 less the Acquisition fee of $645 = $45,745

2024 $43,580

Savings for going with the 2024 = $2,165 Plus these options are now included:

XM radio
Voice recognition on Sync 4
LED headlights

It depends on your configuration. I don't use a truck to haul people, so I don't need or want a back seat. I like the blind spot monitoring on my wife's Ford, so I wanted it on a new truck.
Now it comes standard. I wanted a 5.0 V8, 3.73, and trailer hitch. They are all standard now.

Changing to a 2024 was a no brainer for me, I just have to wait a little longer.
Damn man you get me all pretzel twisted now. I’m picking up my new 2023 next Thursday but if the prices actually work out closer I honestly don’t mind the wait. It’s still not a great choice for me because I’m really trying to get away from all the new tech stuff but at least if I get a 2024 I’ll get exactly what I want instead of having to settle for what I was able to find for a 2023. I really wanted the 3.3L but couldn’t find any that were Supercrew so either year model I take I’m gonna be stuck with the 2.7L

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
The 3.5 EcoBoost is 450 horsepower in the Raptor and from my understanding the regular and HO now share mostly the same hardware so plenty of room to go there as well.
That will mean 480hp for the Powerboost and so much torque they will have to roll it on like they do the PowerstrokeHO. The 10R80 is rated for 800Nm or 590ft/lb of torque. I’m already at 570 now lol. Twist baby with a capital T 😎

Dale B

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Damn man you get me all pretzel twisted now. I’m picking up my new 2023 next Thursday but if the prices actually work out closer I honestly don’t mind the wait. It’s still not a great choice for me because I’m really trying to get away from all the new tech stuff but at least if I get a 2024 I’ll get exactly what I want instead of having to settle for what I was able to find for a 2023. I really wanted the 3.3L but couldn’t find any that were Supercrew so either year model I take I’m gonna be stuck with the 2.7L
I didn't want turbos either, that is why I wanted a 5.0. I have owned turbo charged cars since 1978 and have replaced or rebuilt a number of them myself. I don't want to do it again at my age. I have never been able to get much more than 100K miles from a turbo on a gasoline engine. That was in performance cars and none were water cooled turbos, so it might be different with water cooled center sections, but I have gotten over 340K from 4 cam aluminum V8's with no engine problems at all. I will stick with normally aspirated engines in a truck. Turbos generate a lot of heat.

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
I didn't want turbos either, that is why I wanted a 5.0. I have owned turbo charged cars since 1978 and have replaced or rebuilt a number of them myself. I don't want to do it again at my age. I have never been able to get much more than 100K miles from a turbo on a gasoline engine. That was in performance cars and none were water cooled turbos, so it might be different with water cooled center sections, but I have gotten over 340K from 4 cam aluminum V8's with no engine problems at all. I will stick with normally aspirated engines in a truck. Turbos generate a lot of heat.
Exact same here man. I’m seriously messed up right now. I don’t know if I should pick up the new 2023 with the 2.7 turbo but with analog/dials/buttons or wait it out for the 2024 5L non turbo but frickin screens everywhere.

Would it be easier to fix a messed up turbo engine or to fix all the screens and tech shit when the start randomly f*ckin up on you.

I recall some horror stories on these very same forums of some trucks having tech issues that the dealerships couldn’t figure out and people lost their trucks for days or weeks at a time.

I don’t know as much about mechanical stuff as I should but I think it would be a lot easier or straight forward to deal with mechanical issues over the tech stuff
Sponsored

Last edited: