First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 limited Powerboost,
Occupation
Process Control Technician
I’m actually thinking of trading my 22 Limited PB but to go in a different direction totally..
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sonnie

Sonnie

First Name
Sonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
FFL Dealer
If you're considering spending that much on a truck, then you should get Dynamat installed. It'll cost you $2k, but it greatly improves the sound issue. A/T LT tires will still be louder than P-rated touring tires, but it's more or less the only way to have your cake and eat it too.
Yeah... I do Raamat, Soundskin, insulation, and noise blocks on all my vehicles when I do my stereo installs. It makes them even quieter, but it won't get rid of tire noise that comes in thru the windshield and windows.

https://www.avnirvana.com/threads/2...-broke-system-upgrade-here-we-go-again.11721/

Got a thread here on it too.

westbayou

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum
My path has been 2020 Raptor to a 2022 Bronco Wildtrak to a 2023 Platinum PB. I'm getting back into a 2024 Raptor as soon as I possibly can. The Raptor rode better and was just more fun to drive. I can't say it was any louder than the Platinum, but I did spend 7 months in the echo chamber that was the Bronco. Honestly, the 2023 Platinum is the worst Ford vehicle I've ever owned due to a laundry list of annoyances and issues, so that may be driving my decision, but I've missed the Raptor from the day I traded it in on the Bronco.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
My path has been 2020 Raptor to a 2022 Bronco Wildtrak to a 2023 Platinum PB. I'm getting back into a 2024 Raptor as soon as I possibly can. The Raptor rode better and was just more fun to drive. I can't say it was any louder than the Platinum, but I did spend 7 months in the echo chamber that was the Bronco. Honestly, the 2023 Platinum is the worst Ford vehicle I've ever owned due to a laundry list of annoyances and issues, so that may be driving my decision, but I've missed the Raptor from the day I traded it in on the Bronco.
23 PB's were hit or miss. Sounds like yours was a miss. Early 22s was the way to go for the PB's, pre-deletes and simple to tune not to mention lack of electrical gremlins they put into 23s. I've yet to blend for the e30 tune, but it's capable of 11s.

Focusing on off road vehicles, I take it you do some trails?

Brian_XLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Iconic Silver Platinum BAP
A Platinum BAP might be a compromise. Has the hood vents, blacked headlights etc, and black dual exhaust. If you go that route stick with the 3.5 eco. I have this but with the 5.0 and it grunts pretty good.

Sponsored

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Reserved, 2022 Platinum on Order
Put me in the Platinum Camp.

The Raptor is a great looking truck; but in the vast majority of situations 99% of people; it's likely inferior from a practical perspective. I love the look of the Raptor, but unless I'm going off-road, the Platinum is simply a much, much better daily driving vehicle.

The tires on the Raptor are going to be noisier than those on the Platinum; without a doubt. You could put milder tires on, but it would look ridiculous. The exhaust, likely louder even in quiet mode, as well given that it's tuned to be "sporty" / exciting.

The suspension will likely have more "float", which might absorb a speed bump or pot hole a little better, but will likely reduce the level of "crisp and control" present with the platinum. That being said, of course neither are anywhere close to a Porsche 911 or anything like that.

Then there's also the practical considerations. It's wider. It's taller (more difficult bed access, potentially limiting garages), and the interior, likely a little bit less "refined". No massaging seats, although I beleive with a '23; you might have had those deleted regardless.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Put me in the Platinum Camp.

The Raptor is a great looking truck; but in the vast majority of situations 99% of people; it's likely inferior from a practical perspective. I love the look of the Raptor, but unless I'm going off-road, the Platinum is simply a much, much better daily driving vehicle.

The tires on the Raptor are going to be noisier than those on the Platinum; without a doubt. You could put milder tires on, but it would look ridiculous. The exhaust, likely louder even in quiet mode, as well given that it's tuned to be "sporty" / exciting.

The suspension will likely have more "float", which might absorb a speed bump or pot hole a little better, but will likely reduce the level of "crisp and control" present with the platinum. That being said, of course neither are anywhere close to a Porsche 911 or anything like that.

Then there's also the practical considerations. It's wider. It's taller (more difficult bed access, potentially limiting garages), and the interior, likely a little bit less "refined". No massaging seats, although I beleive with a '23; you might have had those deleted regardless.
2nd. The raptor suspension is made to soak up spirited off roading. Leans into corners, sags substantially towing, leans into corners more than I prefer, and it's just louder all the way around. It's a great package in regards to what it's made for. It's not made for handling / highway comfort, it's made to be a highly competent factory-built off road monster.

PowerBoostSoCal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet Powerboost
If you are already at the age where having a "sofa on wheels" means something to you, then consider this.

Father time marches forward and not backward.

I love my sofa on wheels. Quiet as can be.
Better ride, quieter, super roomy vs my wife's X5 ... we seem to always take my F150 on road trips, etc. Just plain good ride ... today's new age caddy.

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
If you are already at the age where having a "sofa on wheels" means something to you, then consider this.

Father time marches forward and not backward.

I love my sofa on wheels. Quiet as can be.
I’m in my 40s and sofa on wheels is the perfect way to describe it. Although I suppose I’ve been that way since my 30s. Road trips are so comfortable and add the copilot assist, I arrive much more relaxed.

Kshort62

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 limited Powerboost,
Occupation
Process Control Technician
23 PB's were hit or miss. Sounds like yours was a miss. Early 22s was the way to go for the PB's, pre-deletes and simple to tune not to mention lack of electrical gremlins they put into 23s. I've yet to blend for the e30 tune, but it's capable of 11s.

Focusing on off road vehicles, I take it you do some trails?
My 22 was definitely a miss then

Sponsored

westbayou

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum
True to my words, trading the 23 Platinum in on a barely used 22 Raptor tomorrow. Got a good deal and I'm not thinking twice.

Cfmistry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor
True to my words, trading the 23 Platinum in on a barely used 22 Raptor tomorrow. Got a good deal and I'm not thinking twice.
I doubt you’ll regret it. In my experience the Raptor feels faster, handles better, and is more comfortable than most other F150s. Unfortunately the one thing mentioned here that is true is that it is louder, even in quiet mode. The stock tires are not loud at all (when not worn).
Sponsored