2023 not for me

PPEng15

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
The only reason for me to move to a 23 is that they are offering the carbonized grey lower in Lariat. I prefer it over stone grey, but I will keep my 22, if they do not take to many more items off of it.
Sponsored

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
$200k? wow. that's a lot.

As far as a refresh, I think if you see one you'll see more of a .5 increase like the 17-18 refresh of Gen13. I think that 3 years is too quick to do a major refresh. Year one is buggy, year 2 is less buggy, year 3 is almost perfect.... then do a little change (grill maybe?) something non-functional, and keep on with the less buggy versions for a few years to give you time to get the next gen ready.

I believe historically Ford has done 5-6 years (mainly 6) for each generation of trucks.
The other reason to expect it to be quite a ways out is that a manufacturer has 3 main things to consider in product planning....keeping the product fresh compared to competition, allocation of limited design and development resources and recovering the cost of new tooling and redesign costs. That last part is purely a function of the total number of trucks sold within a generation and with all the COVID and supply issues there have been fewer trucks annually than planned. For the design and development resources part, clearly EVs are getting top priority.

I suspect the next gen Lightning will share much less with the ICE F150 than it does today. I actually think the Ranger and Maverick are the better platforms for an EV pickup.

So yes...I suspect a few new exterior do-dads in 2024 and an all new body and interior no earlier than 2027.

Last edited:

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
I’m wanting to know what the Lariat Sport interior will look like. Will it be the two tone color or will it be all black?
I haven't seen anything suggesting it will change. I know it is controversial but with my Iconic Silver I think it looks great.

I get the feeling you don't want it....

I don't understand how anyone ever labeled it as "red". I just realized as I'm looking at my avatar that it matches my house....maybe that was the attraction all along.

I don't think I'd want it with any of the blue or red exteriors, but with black, white, silver, grey exterior it's a nice change from all black. and even though they still call it black it's really dark grey as the main color.

Ford F-150 2023 not for me 20220618_163033
I
Ford F-150 2023 not for me 20220624_195537

Last edited:

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
anyone try to build a 23 chevy or gmc?
OMG its not just ford

Sponsored

aaexpert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 platinum
Just got the DORA from the dealer,

active park assist 2.0 removal
multi contour seat removal
no max recline seat option

this is for limited trim, price increase approx 7k from 2021 truck.

sorry ford I want to upgrade not downgrade.

who else is going to stay away from 2023 built?

I knew about massage system being removed....but "multi contour seat"??? Is it going to have seats like the Lariat??

OP
OP

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 & 22F150 limited, 21 Ram 1500 limited EcoDiesel
I knew about massage system being removed....but "multi contour seat"??? Is it going to have seats like the Lariat??
reading the text,no multi contour seats and no active motion, so yes pay for limited and get lariat seats.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
The Multi-contour seat = active motion = massage (it comes as one unit). If Ford is saying there will be no multi-contour w/active motion, but are not discounting the truck, it tells me that the seats are in the truck, but will not work at delivery. At some point in the future, I would expect that your Ford dealer will be supplied with the chip that makes them active again.

They are simply not going to build a KR, Platinum, or Limited without the big plush seats.

The rule of thumb is that you should steer clear of the first model year of any new or refreshed vehicle. Turns out, buying a 2021 Platinum was the best thing I could have ever done. I heart goes out to everyone still trying to get a complete 2022 or praying their 2023 won't build until Ford has all the parts.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
The Multi-contour seat = active motion = massage (it comes as one unit). If Ford is saying there will be no multi-contour w/active motion, but are not discounting the truck, it tells me that the seats are in the truck, but will not work at delivery. At some point in the future, I would expect that your Ford dealer will be supplied with the chip that makes them active again.

They are simply not going to build a KR, Platinum, or Limited without the big plush seats.

The rule of thumb is that you should steer clear of the first model year of any new or refreshed vehicle. Turns out, buying a 2021 Platinum was the best thing I could have ever done. I heart goes out to everyone still trying to get a complete 2022 or praying their 2023 won't build until Ford has all the parts.
my 22 has the multi contour seat
they dont say if the air bags for seat firmness etc are still in the seats, if so . one could speculate at a later date the brains or module may be available for installation. but my gut says they wont do that.\
my late 2021 f250 lariat only had the lumbar bags in the seat and it was very comfortable, even after 12 hr long drive. they felt wider than that of my 22 150. even though i know they were not.
going to be some weird trade values, those without nav, or multi seats that would normally be part of the series for plat and limited. maybe my 22 just gained some more value.

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat V8
Occupation
Happily Retired - USMÇ
I just week ago took delivery of one of the last(?) 22 F150 Base 500A lariat 4x4 Screw as they are being discontinued for 23 the 500A - so I guess price is going up. VERY happy with the V8 NO stop start BS but they forgot my front parking Sensors. This may well be my last truck and quite a step up from my 2019 Ranger as far as comfort goes. Got both a great price and FABULOUS trade in. Had to wait 6 months to build and deliver.

Sponsored

OP
OP

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

approx. $300 credit for these seats' removal.

I will not pay for a non-functional seat.

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
It looks like I will get rolled to a 23. I’m not happy about the seat removal either, but short of canceling the order there’s not much you can do. Who knows when Ford may put them back in. I see they are not listed to order in 23. I don’t feel like waiting to see if they “might” be available for a 24 order. I’m sure the current seats will be nicer then the ones in my 09 Lariat.

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
Feel for you guys who went Platinum and lost the seats. To me the seats were one of the main reasons to move to that model. So it surprises me this isn’t leading to more cancellations.

Everyone has to decide what is acceptable for the situation. Some have a need for the truck so canceling isn’t an option. The main issue I see is it communicates to Ford that downgrading to lower trim level (platinim badged lariat seats) is good to go. Which takes away any need for them to push suppliers to add them back in.

The saving grace for Ford being this is an industry level problem. On the upside, there are less things to break in the Lariat seats;)

OP
OP

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feel for you guys who went Platinum and lost the seats. To me the seats were one of the main reasons to move to that model. So it surprises me this isn’t leading to more cancellations.

Everyone has to decide what is acceptable for the situation. Some have a need for the truck so canceling isn’t an option. The main issue I see is it communicates to Ford that downgrading to lower trim level (platinim badged lariat seats) is good to go. Which takes away any need for them to push suppliers to add them back in.

The saving grace for Ford being this is an industry level problem. On the upside, there are less things to break in the Lariat seats;)
If I really need a truck. I will configure a lariat for 2023

I have limited 21 and 22 early production with all the features, so I will sit in the corner and wait for industry changes when they offer a better product with a reasonable price.

super sparky

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
two ford transits, ford edge st
Occupation
electrical contractor
just got my window sticker ordered 11 month ago was changed to a 22 in oct 21 cross my fingers
Sponsored

Attachments