First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Had the first oil change and tire rotation completed this week. Also the first time the truck has been back to the dealership for any type of work. Still pleased with the purchase. And, also dismayed with the number of posts with various no start Powerboost trucks.
Anyway, I made a trip to St Clair Shores to get some gaskets for the sea strainers on my boat this morning. Colony Marine, the closest Sea Ray dealer. I'm down there too regularly during the summer ;) I happened to look at my trip summary (similar to the F150 Powerboost) as I was pulling into my marina. This surprised me as I never was able to go over 25 mpg on the Ford LOM. This IS what the current trip on the GMC showed. I did this same trip more than once with the Powerboost.
Ford F-150 2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 1500 20230808_101601

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
The only thing that makes the GM 1500 trucks a non-starter for me is the tiny 24 gallon fuel tank. That's not going to be fun at all on longer distance trips.

OP
OP
Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
6.2l gasser
Crazy....

OP
OP
Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
The only thing that makes the GM 1500 trucks a non-starter for me is the tiny 24 gallon fuel tank. That's not going to be fun at all on longer distance trips.
I hear ya. Still would give me 420 miles plus between stops and at my age, my bladder can't last that long. ;) But legit concern. With the baby Duramax that's not an issue with the close to 30 mpg on the highway.

Sponsored

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
I love the cluster on that truck

OP
OP
Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
I really went into this truck fully prepared to be "One and Done". It was the only high end truck that had no deletes at the time. Yeah Ram, I think, wasn't deleting but it's nearly the same truck as the 2019 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4 I had. If the GMC starts becoming troublesome, I'll look at the Ram 2025 refresh with the twin turbo Hurricane. Or look at Ford if they get their act together.

athenslb57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150
We went to Yellowstone last week and we rented Chevy 1500's with the 3.0L Duramax. What a great engine. We were getting around 40.0 mpg cruising. Fueled up and had over 800 mi range. Makes me want one in a GMC.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
Had the first oil change and tire rotation completed this week. Also the first time the truck has been back to the dealership for any type of work. Still pleased with the purchase. And, also dismayed with the number of posts with various no start Powerboost trucks.
Anyway, I made a trip to St Clair Shores to get some gaskets for the sea strainers on my boat this morning. Colony Marine, the closest Sea Ray dealer. I'm down there too regularly during the summer ;) I happened to look at my trip summary (similar to the F150 Powerboost) as I was pulling into my marina. This surprised me as I never was able to go over 25 mpg on the Ford LOM. This IS what the current trip on the GMC showed. I did this same trip more than once with the Powerboost.
20230808_101601.jpg
14 miles it’s hard to say but that 6.2 is sweet. What is your avg mpg thus far? Above 20?

OP
OP
Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
14 miles it’s hard to say but that 6.2 is sweet. What is your avg mpg thus far? Above 20?
My driving is typically a bunch of 5 max mile trips around my home. Everything I need is within 3 miles. So my average is always crappy. My Powerboost would show about 16.5 with my driving. Rarely got to electric on short trips. I just looked at my trip that hasn't been reset since I bought and the GMC is at 15.8. But that's also premium gas required. In the Powerboost, my DTE when I filled up was rarely more than 400 miles to give you an idea of my short runs. So if max mpg is needed go with the baby Duramax like @athenslb57 experienced.
If I go through an extra 100 or so gallons of gas a year, it's not a big deal to me. I put way more gas in my boat in 4 months than I do in my car and truck in a year. In fact that's on my to do list today. Fill up the boat. That'll be about an $800 +/- bill today. o_O

Sponsored

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
My driving is typically a bunch of 5 max mile trips around my home. Everything I need is within 3 miles. So my average is always crappy. My Powerboost would show about 16.5 with my driving. Rarely got to electric on short trips. I just looked at my trip that hasn't been reset since I bought and the GMC is at 15.8. But that's also premium gas required. In the Powerboost, my DTE when I filled up was rarely more than 400 miles to give you an idea of my short runs. So if max mpg is needed go with the baby Duramax like @athenslb57 experienced.
If I go through an extra 100 or so gallons of gas a year, it's not a big deal to me. I put way more gas in my boat in 4 months than I do in my car and truck in a year. In fact that's on my to do list today. Fill up the boat. That'll be about an $800 +/- bill today. o_O
Understand that. My PB is performing double duty as daily driver for my work commute etc., and trip taking/future RV pulling machine. Just passed 8,000mi and it's been to the dealer once for it's first oil change which I documented here for attention if I remember correctly lol.

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
My aunts 6.2 Yukon is impressively good on fuel, it somehow manages to best all the ford engines on the highway it seems. I think 6.2 is a magic number for displacement. Ford made one, Ram made one, GM made one. They all picked that number for a good reason I think.

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
To get a larger capacity fuel tank the choice is a GM 2500 truck or a Ram 1500 or a F-150 pickup. I greatly prefer the user interface for the driver with the Chevy trucks but the 24 gallon maximum gas tank (actually about 21 gallons of usable fuel) took them off my list when buying a new pickup last year.

One cannot get a locking rear differential on standard GM/Chevy or Toyoita pickups and anti-spin is not a viable substitute for off road travel.

In past years the squished head lights on the Ram and GM/Chevy trucks greatly reduced the ability to see the road ahead if driving at night. This safety design defect has been rectified in part.
Sponsored