First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Super Duty
Occupation
Barista
September 4th I paid 74k after taxes for a 2023 Lariat 250 7.2L gassed, I traded in my 2019 150, total down with trade in is about 36k. Trucks been in the shop November, December and the whole month of January, the date of this post is 01/19/2024. My truck has an issue with the speakers cutting out and letting out a high pitched noise. I'd be listing to music my girl will text me causing the system to cut out. They replaced Roof speakers on one work order, and the APIM module on another, and now the ACM module. They ripped apart my dash board and put it back together like total garbage, my roof was also put together like shit, it has a panaramic moon roof and you can pull down the liner with one finger. I tried the Ford buy back programed got denied, got a lemon law lawyer and Ford is “ reviewing my claiming.” My dashboard has gaps in it and the plastic is destroyed from the metal pry tool they used, and the dashboard is all loose. Trucks still in the shop well over 30 days. I live in NYC, I simply don't want the truck due to the damage of the interior. I wish I never even dropped it off to get fixed to be honest it made it worse. I have an undeniable lemon law claim and I hope I win. Ford did provide me a rental, I wish I kept my built proof 2019 F150!

Imagine spending 74 K on a truck and Ford simply saying “ no you’re beat on the refund keep the clearly damaged brand new 74k truck.” Ford should be thinking about the customer, I purchased and owned 4 Ford Vehicles now and never had a single issue. My 2002 Ford Ranger I sold in 2016 for 6K, I bought it for 12k she was a bullet proof beauty.
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I dread the day I need any serious work done and will have to go back over all of the work just to make sure it was done right / not damaged. Hopefully they get you settled, customers should not have to deal with this type of nonsense on a new vehicle, ESPECIALLY given the fact the bottom has fallen out of the truck market and they've got plenty to spare.

shooters1380

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Law enforcement
Depending on what state you live in you may be able to Lemon Law it. Here in Calif I’ve done it 3 times over the years. Had to be considered a safety issue, as I recall. You may look into attorneys who specialize in LL in your area and pursue it that way.

OP
OP

pgardajr

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Super Duty
Occupation
Barista
Yes I contacted them about a month ago they sent paperwork to Ford’s Legal team. It’s one of those lemon laws that only get paid if Ford settles. I looked into NYC lemon law regulations, my truck is like 2 plus months past the requirements. Safety wise I can easy articulate the high pitched noises/ the roof issue as well. If Ford is smart and wants to keep me as a customer they wouldn’t put up a fight with a truck that has 1,950 miles on it.

shooters1380

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Law enforcement
Yes I contacted them about a month ago they sent paperwork to Ford’s Legal team. It’s one of those lemon laws that only get paid if Ford settles. I looked into NYC lemon law regulations, my truck is like 2 plus months past the requirements. Safety wise I can easy articulate the high pitched noises/ the roof issue as well. If Ford is smart and wants to keep me as a customer they wouldn’t put up a fight with a truck that has 1,950 miles on it.
I dunno brother, honestly am beginning to wonder if Ford gives two shits about customers at all. I wish you much luck and I hope they step up and take care of it. My first Lemon Law was on a 1996 Ram Air Trans-Am. That thing was such a pile of crap that I waited a long time before buying another GM product. When I did, it was a 2012 Camaro. Although I didnt have mechanical issues with the Camaro, the body work and paint was horrific. I’m done with GM forever now. Hopefully Ford will take care of you but you may have to fight every step of the way

Sponsored

zx6roclet

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 tremor
Sorry to hear this, I had to have my tremor seat cover replaced and was terrified they would destroy the interior and blue taped the entire fucking interior. They looked at me like a moron on drop off but not one nick or scratch.

Wishing you good luck on your case that’s super shit service, be sure to hit up a yelp and google review so others outside of the forum are aware and can avoid the same situation :(

OP
OP

pgardajr

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Super Duty
Occupation
Barista
The Blue tape saved you! If I was the tech I would totally understand. We spend a lot of money on the truck and we want it perfect.

22Platinum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR 3.5
Occupation
software engineer
I dread the day I need any serious work done and will have to go back over all of the work just to make sure it was done right / not damaged.
The best way into the shop is through the back door and not the front..

I write code now, but for years I worked as a Ford tech in dealerships.

Now, when I have a need at the dealer (alignment, trans fluid flush, etc) I first hang out right between parts and service... right where the $39 Ford Racing hats and that big TV display thing sits. Parts will ask if you need help: tell them you are waiting on service. Service will ask if you need help, tell them you are working with a salesman to get paperwork straight. Stand here for about an hour.

What you want to do is observe the techs coming up to the service writers as they finish each job; make a mental note of each one, and pick one you think you'd trust with your truck. Wait for him to finish telling the service writer about the keys he's handing back and then accost him about something he'll speak to (a good one to start, relevant to your concern is "Can you believe a new F150 is $80k now what the actual hell man!")

Judge his response to the $80k: does he consider people that spent $80k to be obnoxious rich men? Other questions like "so how long you worked here" you'd like to know the answers to, that will help you judge if you'd like this guy to rip your dash out. Because he's not working on your truck he'll likely be up front with you, if you are jovial.

Continue this convo for as long as you can/is reasonable, and then if he passes whatever tests you consider important, you can tell him you need the dash out of your truck and you would prefer to work with someone that takes pride in your truck just as much as you do.

OP
OP

pgardajr

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Super Duty
Occupation
Barista
I agree with you. The truth is at the end of the day no one cares about your car more than you do.

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
There is a TSB out to fix this. Wonder if they even bothered trying that?

jeepin95

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502A
I would suggest looking into an attorney experienced with the Magnuson Moss Act over state lemon laws. My understanding is they most lemon laws aren't as strong. I had a Grand Cherokee that was a lemon and found an attorney here in the PNW that specialized in Magnuson Moss. Sent them my paperwork showing the multiple visits and items replaced under warranty starting with the tow the same day I put the license plates on. They reviewed for free, said I had a case and sent the letter to Chrysler. I loved the rig and just wanted it replaced so the settlement was custom order the same options on the next model year since it was right after production had stopped and nothing similar was available. After it was complete a few months later I signed paperwork, gave them the 2012 with 12k miles and drove off in a 13 with 8 miles. Attorney had the vehicle changed on the existing loan and we paid nothing.

The major difference between the state law and federal in my case is that attorney fees are not authorized under the state lemon law but are under federal. They paid their set fee for doing the paperwork. Had they not settled, fees would have been significantly higher per hour and they would have been responsible. Attorney would only take the case if they knew they could win. If they had offered a reasonable settlement and we chose court anyway we would have had to find a new attorney.

This way isn't really through a buy back program. It's the lawyer saying this is why we would win a lawsuit and you would end up owing more so let's just settle on a buy back or replacement while the manufacturer also has to pay the minimal attorney fees.
Sponsored