2022 F150 3.5 - Deep Sleep Battery Low

flynnstone

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 F150
Anyone have any recent feedback with the new F150 BMS/battery drain issues? I have a 22 Lariat, that i purchased new. Within the first 6 months, i received the error battery low through the ford app…dealership said a cell in the battery was bad and replaced it 3 months ago.

last 3 months i haven’t had an issue, but am on a road trip and drove 500 miles yesterday in the truck. Parked it overnight in Colorado; got down to about 45 degrees, and received the deep sleep warning again… battery low.
What’s going on with these trucks?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Anyone have any recent feedback with the new F150 BMS/battery drain issues? I have a 22 Lariat, that i purchased new. Within the first 6 months, i received the error battery low through the ford app…dealership said a cell in the battery was bad and replaced it 3 months ago.

last 3 months i haven’t had an issue, but am on a road trip and drove 500 miles yesterday in the truck. Parked it overnight in Colorado; got down to about 45 degrees, and received the deep sleep warning again… battery low.
Hi there, Matt. This deep sleep battery concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Seahawk51

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mercedes GLS450, 2013 Chevy Equinox, 2021 Ford F-150 on order
Occupation
Retired
Hi there, Matt. This deep sleep battery concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
I'm replying to the Ford Rep. I have a 21 F-150 Platinum. I took it into the dealer for a constant deep mode condition, sometimes within 15 minutes of turning off the truck. After 3 days I just took it back because they had found nothing and I took it back. I asked if they had done a BMS reset and they had not. So I did one. The problem went away for awhile but it is back. Somewhere on this forum it was said that in 22 they increased the battery size for the KR, Platinum and Limited. I don't know if that's true, but I'd like to find out. The #1 annoyance on the deep sleep issue is remote start won't work; #2 is I don't get OTA updates.

EcoB259

First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT S Crew
Occupation
Retired
If my truck sits for two weeks it goes into sleep mode. I’ve had to charge the battery twice to get it to start.
The truck is less than a year old with 8k miles.
I am thinking about just buying a new Odyssey battery but if it’s a drainage issue I don’t want to spend the money.

SaSurvival

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 with 2kw PPoB
Occupation
Technical trainer
I would like to add my name in tha hat with this. I am in Vancouver Canada and have the same issue, my early concerns were the start stop not working. I took it to the dealer and they said my battery was at 68%, they charged it to 75% and tested it ok. Start stop works fine but on my way home it was not. I was regularly getting deep sleep mode messages, I now regularly charge my battery up to full often over night and a couple of weeks later I notice my touch door buttons not working, so I use the remote fob, the interior lights are not on so deep sleep had been activated again. Last message happened on 23 June 23. I have not taken it back to a dealer as they could find anything. Not sure how to PM you with my info.

Sponsored

Greyford

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Retired
I would like to add my name in tha hat with this. I am in Vancouver Canada and have the same issue, my early concerns were the start stop not working. I took it to the dealer and they said my battery was at 68%, they charged it to 75% and tested it ok. Start stop works fine but on my way home it was not. I was regularly getting deep sleep mode messages, I now regularly charge my battery up to full often over night and a couple of weeks later I notice my touch door buttons not working, so I use the remote fob, the interior lights are not on so deep sleep had been activated again. Last message happened on 23 June 23. I have not taken it back to a dealer as they could find anything. Not sure how to PM you with my info.
I have a 2022 Platinum and had the deep sleep mode problem 3 days in a row the first week of ownership.
The truck is parked in front of the garage door and I am I and out of garage workshop 20 plus times a day. Each time I went from house to garage my key fob was activating my running boards and approach lighting. I deactivated the approach feature and problem went away

SaSurvival

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 with 2kw PPoB
Occupation
Technical trainer
I have a 2022 Platinum and had the deep sleep mode problem 3 days in a row the first week of ownership.
The truck is parked in front of the garage door and I am I and out of garage workshop 20 plus times a day. Each time I went from house to garage my key fob was activating my running boards and approach lighting. I deactivated the approach feature and problem went away
Unfortunately I have an XLT with no consumers on the key fob other than approach lights and remote start, tail gate and they have not been an issue, it does get driven daily but that week I had the message it had been sat for about 2 days

OP
OP

flynnstone

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 F150
PM’ing you now with my info. Thank you

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a Sport appearance
Occupation
Owner/Driver

The dealership told me that Ford plans on having a fix for this, by late summer or early fall. Let's hope so. Mine aren't nearly as frequent as before, but it still happens. The strange thing about mine is, the app shows it's in deep sleep mode, but later on I check the app and it has disappeared. This has happened about four or five times.🤔

OP
OP

flynnstone

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 F150
The dealership told me that Ford plans on having a fix for this, by late summer or early fall. Let's hope so. Mine aren't nearly as frequent as before, but it still happens. The strange thing about mine is, the app shows it's in deep sleep mode, but later on I check the app and it has disappeared. This has happened about four or five times.🤔
Let’s hope so. This entirely seems like a software driven issue which i would imagine is for eco purposes. In the meantime I’ve turned off all ford pass/WiFi/vehicle communications so that the internal modem isn’t always trying to communicate for updates etc.

Sponsored

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a Sport appearance
Occupation
Owner/Driver
Let’s hope so. This entirely seems like a software driven issue which i would imagine is for eco purposes. In the meantime I’ve turned off all ford pass/WiFi/vehicle communications so that the internal modem isn’t always trying to communicate for updates etc.
Hmm, that's interesting 🤔

labjr1

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 PB Platinum
Occupation
IT
I have 2500 miles on my truck and this has happened twice already to me. I drive the truck yesterday for more than 30 minutes and yet this morning at 10:48a.m. I had the message again. the truck is 5 weeks old and I have had this message twice and the "stop safely" message once where it would not start. This is a 2023 Platinum and seems to be a piece of junk. I am already researching trading it and taking my losses. My last 6 trucks have been RAMs - Limited 3500 Diesels and a 1500 5.7L E-torque - all loaded with technology and I have never had these kinds of issues.

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
Deep Sleep = Battery is starting to go bad. Take it to ford , just pray it doesn't take a long time to get a new battery.

Happened to me and one of our farm 2022 F150's , Luckily covered warranty.

OP
OP

flynnstone

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 F150
I have 2500 miles on my truck and this has happened twice already to me. I drive the truck yesterday for more than 30 minutes and yet this morning at 10:48a.m. I had the message again. the truck is 5 weeks old and I have had this message twice and the "stop safely" message once where it would not start. This is a 2023 Platinum and seems to be a piece of junk. I am already researching trading it and taking my losses. My last 6 trucks have been RAMs - Limited 3500 Diesels and a 1500 5.7L E-torque - all loaded with technology and I have never had these kinds of issues.
I can tell you what appeared to fix it for me… at least so far.
The dealer swapped in a new battery, but it continued to happen. Apparently from what I’ve read, the alternator on these newer trucks undercharges the battery for EPA reasons… doesn’t make sense.

Check the battery voltage when it’s been sitting for an hour… should be close to 13V… mine was around 12.2 continually…

i used Forscan and upped the battery voltage from the factory set 80% state of charge to 95%, and it hasn’t happened since. I’ve also messed around with turning off/on the phone home/WiFi software update setting, since I’ve heard the modem can activate too often draining the charge… all theory, but has worked for me

Longdeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Platinum 701A PB
Occupation
Retired Drives & Controls Automation Electrical Engineer
I went to Costco and bought new Interstate H7 battery earlier this month before taking 3,800 mile / 2 week trip. I did get this 2023 PowerBoost new in early April. I’ve done weekly NOCO 5 amp charges once a week. I’ve read on forums about this problem since January ’21. Common consensus to replace battery with non FORD battery.

I didn’t experience any of the problems talked about here before replacement. I just wanted the piece of mind knowing battery problem wouldn’t be a issue on the vacation trip. Also, I didn’t want the hassle of dealing with Ford service shop and waiting days, weeks, or months knowing Ford Batteries are the worst of the worst. That said, I have full 100K miles, 10 year warranty with no deductible. I have no regrets In buying new battery at all.

I also carry NOCO Boost X GBX45 1250A in additional to the NOCO GENIUS 5 charger (all with NOCO hard cases) for that piece of mind.😊
Sponsored