Sponsored

leftygolfer333

First Name
corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 platinum
My orignal window sticker had a credit of $300 for the multi contour seat removal. I just got a updated window sticker that does not have the $300 credit removal for the multi contour seat. Does that mean the multi contour seats have been added back back in? My window sticker price went up by $300.
Sponsored

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum SuperCrew PB 4X4 BAP
My orignal window sticker had a credit of $300 for the multi contour seat removal. I just got a updated window sticker that does not have the $300 credit removal for the multi contour seat. Does that mean the multi contour seats have been added back back in? My window sticker price went up by $300.
I am hoping that is the case and it would be great for you.
Good Luck

vidwiz

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Sounds interesting and promising. Did your dealer have you sign off on that deletion previously?

leftygolfer333

First Name
corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 platinum
Sounds interesting and promising. Did your dealer have you sign off on that deletion previously?
No I am planning on checking with my dealer next week. The active parking assit was removed but I haven’t signed anything on that either

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Cancelled my order <snip>

Decided to go a different route and ordered something else. I got a target delivery date (6 week window) scheduled within 24 hours. If people are willing to consider other than Ford, I recommend checking out options. Obviously your mileage may vary...

Wishing everyone luck in their desired path.
Do you not want to divulge?
Afterall, you wanted the same thing everyone else here wanted and now you found what would be a desired substitute.

The real reason I ask is that I frequent the other brand forums to see if the hightrim fully loaded trucks are having similar build constraints. It's almost like an echo chamber of this thread. Including the horrible lack of communication and unanswered questions.

Not defending Ford. My 4/11/2022 build was a long wait and had one delete, but I gotta admit that I got VERY lucky and escaped the chiphold purgatory and the recent additional feature-deletes.

Sponsored

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Decided to go a different route and ordered something else. I got a target delivery date (6 week window) scheduled within 24 hours. If people are willing to consider other than Ford, I recommend checking out options. Obviously your mileage may vary...
Be sure to let us know if they actually deliver.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
So, This apparently was released Friday

PRODUCT OFFERING CHANGES - UPDATED
2022MY F-150 - Auto Start/Stop, Active Park Assist 2.0, Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion, Max Recline Seats, Carmelo Interior, Adaptive Steering, Raptor Interior (#801A)
Reason for Supersede:
• NEW Order Amendment Requirements for 22MY F-150 retail, stock, & fleet units (excluding Gov’t).

Max Recline Seats (91S)
Certain scheduled retail, stock, and/or fleet units including the Max Recline Seat (91S) feature (600A, 601A, 700A, 701A, and 900A) will be amended by Ford to remove this option on Thursday, June 9th, 2022.
• Dealers should communicate with retail and fleet customers regarding changes to their orders.

Multi-Contour Seat Removal (91X) – 601A ONLY
• Vehicle orders with Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® (Driver and Passenger) (included on 601A, 700A, 701A, and 900A) will require Multi-Contour Seat Removal 91X through the remainder of the 2022 model year. The window sticker will reflect a credit in the amount of $300 for “Multicontour Seat Removal.”
• Dealers should communicate with retail and fleet customers regarding changes required to their orders. Following this communication, dealers should add Option Code 91X (Multi-Contour Seat with Active Motion® Removal) where applicable on unscheduled 601A retail and fleet orders by June 16th, 2022. Orders that are not updated by June 16th, 2022 regardless of status (scheduled or unscheduled) will be amended by Ford on June 17th, 2022.
• Most stock orders containing 601A with Multi-Contour Seat with Active Motion® (scheduled and unscheduled) will be amended by Ford to include Multi-Contour Seat with Active Motion® Removal (91X) on June 9th, 2022.

From my reading, this looks like the Multi-contour removal might be pushed back to just 601a?

I thought it was an expansion to scheduled orders like Max Recline is (man, that's fukd), but the language is different, and the only change seems to be the line changing to Multi-Contour Seat Removal (91X) – 601A ONLY. I do see they didn't change models listed, but wouldn't be the first time they half-assed a change. Plus, the apparent re-addition of the feature.

Last edited:

vidwiz

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, hey Lefty, any updates on that. I did read one other guy on fb had the same happen. My removals still stand but I don't think my sticker is final yet??? Or maybe it is. vvr says produced and i have activate in app just no built email yet.

sippy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 f150 platinum
My 701 a with a blend date on6/19 has Multi-contour removal on it...I will watch it now...just in case. Highly doubtful

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Reserved, 2022 Platinum on Order

From my reading, this looks like the Multi-contour removal might be pushed back to just 601a?

I thought it was an expansion to scheduled orders like Max Recline is (man, that's fukd), but the language is different, and the only change seems to be the line changing to Multi-Contour Seat Removal (91X) – 601A ONLY. I do see they didn't change models listed, but wouldn't be the first time they half-assed a change. Plus, the apparent re-addition of the feature.
I have a Plat incoming (June 3 blend) that got hit with the multicontour removal. Needless to say, if there's a month-long spot that platinums didn't get multicontour, and now it's back -- I'm going to be livid.

That being said, the way i read this is that there is no actual change. It says all trims require multicontour removal.

As well, in the original post of this thread, it mentioned that Multicontour Removal was a late availability option on 601A, and could not be done yet. I believe this communication is simply stating that 601A multicontour removal is now available, and instructing dealers to do it, as they already removed multicontour from all other trim levels.

Sponsored

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum SuperCrew PB 4X4 BAP

Unfortunately I believe this is just an update that the multi-contour delete now also applies to 601A. In the original notification from May 601A was not losing multi-contour seating until a later date

From the original post in this thread on May 3rd.
  • Note: Mutli-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal is Late Availability on 601A and will require taking the steps below once available.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
As well, in the original post of this thread, it mentioned that Multicontour Removal was a late availability option on 601A,
From the original post in this thread on May 3rd.
  • Note: Mutli-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal is Late Availability on 601A and will require taking the steps below once available.
Dang, I usually read better.

EDIT: I guess the one thing that is updated is that those who thought they were safe with Max-Recline because they were scheduled, might now get screwed out of the option. Originally it was only unscheduled trucks getting the removal.

Last edited:

DarkSkyForever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F150 701A (Ordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
My 6/8 blend 701A still has it removed, and its currently en route to the dealer. I'm not holding out hope.

Beercity

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 701a F150 | 20 Escape hybrid | 13 Escape
Occupation
Dude Named Ben
My 6/8 blend 701A still has it removed, and its currently en route to the dealer. I'm not holding out hope.
Please post pictures of the seats when it comes in, I am curious if they look the same or different with the active motion removal. I don't think anyone has posted pics or reviewed the downgraded seats yet.

leftygolfer333

First Name
corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 platinum
Yeah, hey Lefty, any updates on that. I did read one other guy on fb had the same happen. My removals still stand but I don't think my sticker is final yet??? Or maybe it is. vvr says produced and i have activate in app just no built email yet.
My scheduled date for delevery to the dealership is June 27th thru July 3rd. I will post when I know keeping my fingers crossed.
Sponsored