Sponsored

2021 f150 helm service manual (workshop manual)

oldschool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 escape, '04 f150, '03 fjr1300, 21 xlt PB 2wd
Occupation
retired
Has anyone purchased the service info for 21 f150 on cdrom from helm? Can you give us a short review or opinion on useability, details, overall value, etc. I'm hoping
it is comparable to Ford's in house service info.
I understand that it covers the hybrid system but the wiring diagrams are not included. The wiring diagrams to be available late this year. Cdrom $180,
Wiring diagram hardback copy $80. I am curious how long the cd will last. 2 yr, 5 yr, 10yr? I'm a little concerned that it would become unreadable at some point in time. I plan on keeping the truck for 15yrs.
Thanks in advance
Sponsored

aika1

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
'21 F-150, '08 4Runner, '66 LeMans, '21 CanAm X3
Occupation
sales idiot
Has anyone purchased the service info for 21 f150 on cdrom from helm? Can you give us a short review or opinion on useability, details, overall value, etc. I'm hoping
it is comparable to Ford's in house service info.
I understand that it covers the hybrid system but the wiring diagrams are not included. The wiring diagrams to be available late this year. Cdrom $180,
Wiring diagram hardback copy $80. I am curious how long the cd will last. 2 yr, 5 yr, 10yr? I'm a little concerned that it would become unreadable at some point in time. I plan on keeping the truck for 15yrs.
Thanks in advance
I've been mulling over buying it and called Helm directly to chat. You need the CD inserted to run data off of the CD, according to the rep I chatted with. some folks in other Ford forums have created out a virtual disc drive on their computer and run the data virtually, but outside of that, you won't be putting that .pdf on your computer and running it that way. And no Macs...
I'm still considering buying the thing, but I wish I could get a paper copy, that's for sure.

OP
OP

oldschool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I've been mulling over buying it and called Helm directly to chat. You need the CD inserted to run data off of the CD, according to the rep I chatted with. some folks in other Ford forums have created out a virtual disc drive on their computer and run the data virtually, but outside of that, you won't be putting that .pdf on your computer and running it that way. And no Macs...
I'm still considering buying the thing, but I wish I could get a paper copy, that's for sure.
Yes, paper copy is way to go. More fun to read at your leisure and last forever. I have enjoyed paper copies for previous cars that are several decades old.

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
Ford F-150 2021 f150 helm service manual (workshop manual) 2021 F150 Manual

As a matter of fact got mine today! Ordered 4/6 from Helm Inc

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost FX4
One thing to be aware of regarding paper manuals. I deal with automotive content every workday since I work for ALLDATA, many OEMs have been updating their online sites with newer data after initial publication. We've been monitoring the F150 and have seen numerous additions and changes to the repair manual, along with gaps in repair coverage for the 2021 F150. Just something to be aware of and in many cases, we see this a fair amount when a new platform is launched. Ford also made changes to PC/ED or Powertrain Controls / Emissions Diagnosis by embedding it in the workshop manual for the 2021 F150, Mach-E Mustang and Bronco Sport. All three are new platforms and demonstrate Ford adjusting thier content, versus how they presented it in the past. PC/ED prior to 2021 was a separate manual, spanning Gas, Hybrid and Diesel depending upon the powertrain in the particular vehicle.

Sponsored

aika1

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Occupation
sales idiot
2021 F150 Manual.jpg

As a matter of fact got mine today! Ordered 4/6 from Helm Inc
No sir, we’re talking service manual, not owners manual…

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
Ooh...my bad.

OP
OP

oldschool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
One thing to be aware of regarding paper manuals. I deal with automotive content every workday since I work for ALLDATA, many OEMs have been updating their online sites with newer data after initial publication. We've been monitoring the F150 and have seen numerous additions and changes to the repair manual, along with gaps in repair coverage for the 2021 F150. Just something to be aware of and in many cases, we see this a fair amount when a new platform is launched. Ford also made changes to PC/ED or Powertrain Controls / Emissions Diagnosis by embedding it in the workshop manual for the 2021 F150, Mach-E Mustang and Bronco Sport. All three are new platforms and demonstrate Ford adjusting thier content, versus how they presented it in the past. PC/ED prior to 2021 was a separate manual, spanning Gas, Hybrid and Diesel depending upon the powertrain in the particular vehicle.
Unixadm,
Does Helm update their product offering thru the year or are they a once and done publisher?
Would it be better to wait and get service info for 2022 f150? I would like to get some format that I can keep and study and review at leisure. I may not be able to come up the learning curve fast enough to utilize an online subscription service when I actually have a problem. I would like to get
more familiar with the hybrid components in my PB. So many assemblies/modules that I have no Idea what they are.

aika1

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Occupation
sales idiot
Unixadm,
Does Helm update their product offering thru the year or are they a once and done publisher?
Would it be better to wait and get service info for 2022 f150? I would like to get some format that I can keep and study and review at leisure. I may not be able to come up the learning curve fast enough to utilize an online subscription service when I actually have a problem. I would like to get
more familiar with the hybrid components in my PB. So many assemblies/modules that I have no Idea what they are.
That was the other thing that the customer service rep mentioned to me: they don't make these CD's, they actually receive them from Ford and sell them. She may have been wrong, but it's what she said and I found it interesting.
She didn't have an answer for me about updates and I didn't press it because it seemed like she just wouldn't have those detailed answers...
Sponsored