First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremmaaahhh
Occupation
Pilot
Do you guys think enough people will buy these tremors off the street? I know the tremor isn’t quite the extreme of a raptor, but it’s still a niche buyer in my opinion who’s specifically
Looking for this. I hope someone can get some answer from their dealer/reps this week as to why stock builds are going first. Seems like stock tremors may sit around on the lots longer than an xlt/lariat etc..
Sponsored

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well here’s to another week of disappointment.
Hopefully NOT! ???

There are over 30 dealer stock Tremors near me (2 hour radius). None of them are exactly what I ordered. Most of them are black for some reason. Black in FL? I don't get that. Anyway, they mostly have the mid package, no moonroof, and they are low on other options. They are still listed for more than I am going to pay at Granger.
Most of the dealer stock orders I've looked at are 401a. Followed by 400a. Very few 402a

Same here, dealership within 100 miles of me in northern virginia are listing tremor builds 12k over what I'm paying and they all have less equipment than what I put in for.
???? I would never pay over sticker for ANY vehicle.

Do you guys think enough people will buy these tremors off the street? I know the tremor isn’t quite the extreme of a raptor, but it’s still a niche buyer in my opinion who’s specifically
Looking for this. I hope someone can get some answer from their dealer/reps this week as to why stock builds are going first. Seems like stock tremors may sit around on the lots longer than an xlt/lariat etc..
All depends on what happens in the next few months. They aren't as expensive as a Raptor, but way more off road capable than anything other than a Raptor. Yet they are way better than a Raptor for towing and hauling.

Timsvtgen1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Bronco Spt BL , '21 Tremor Ordered
GM's AT4 and Ram's Rebel seem to be selling rather well, seeing that is the most comparable competition, it looks good for the Tremor IMO.

Coolrain

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
There are over 30 dealer stock Tremors near me (2 hour radius). None of them are exactly what I ordered. Most of them are black for some reason. Black in FL? I don't get that. Anyway, they mostly have the mid package, no moonroof, and they are low on other options. They are still listed for more than I am going to pay at Granger.
I think the dealers are going mid package because when you price out a Tremor "loaded" your only about $6k away from a loaded Raptor (high package 35 wheel anyway) - the exact reason I put an order in for the Raptor (and found one without any mark up)

gb1194

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Nuke Plant Operator
GM's AT4 and Ram's Rebel seem to be selling rather well, seeing that is the most comparable competition, it looks good for the Tremor IMO.

Bought a new AT4 in January, dealer had to rebuild top end of engine in May after 8K miles. He said it was the third one so far this year. All new lifters and pushrods. Nice truck but I lost all confidence after that, sold it back to dealer for 3K more than I paid. No more GM products for me.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150, 74 Bronco
I think the dealers are going mid package because when you price out a Tremor "loaded" your only about $6k away from a loaded Raptor (high package 35 wheel anyway) - the exact reason I put an order in for the Raptor (and found one without any mark up)
If you want leather seats and some of the higher end options there is a bigger price difference.

Madeinchina

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor, 2012 Mustang GT
There was a post from mid July where ford provided an explanation on why stock orders are currently being scheduled instead of customer orders. As someone outside of the industry looking in, it seemed like a reasonable answer at the time. https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2021-f-150-tremor-scheduled.4442/post-78151

In terms of Tremor's marketability, its in a pretty good position to compete with the Rebel, the Trailboss and AT4, being more feature rich than the competition and fairly close in pricing. Its hard to say where the 2022 Tundra TRD PRO falls but I would guess its going to be middle of the pack in terms of off road functionality. In the Ford line up it is definitely overshadowed by the Raptor, but for folks debating between Rebel/Trailboss/AT4 the Tremor is quite compelling.

Coolrain

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
If you want leather seats and some of the higher end options there is a bigger price difference.
Do the builds.... unless you select 37 inch wheels on the Raptor the gap is right around $6k

OP
OP

brijen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Raptor - Ordered
Do the builds.... unless you select 37 inch wheels on the Raptor the gap is right around $6k
When I looked at it a few weeks ago, I did see that without the 37" package it was about $6K difference but that was if I was paying MSRP on a tremor like I would have been on a Raptor (I personally havent seen anyone offering below MRSP on a raptor). So the difference really became much more than $6K.

Madeinchina

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor, 2012 Mustang GT
When I looked at it a few weeks ago, I did see that without the 37" package it was about $6K difference but that was if I was paying MSRP on a tremor like I would have been on a Raptor (I personally havent seen anyone offering below MRSP on a raptor). So the difference really became much more than $6K.
Local to the dc metro area MSRP + 5k is as good as people are finding on 801A 35" raptors. Most places start the conversation at MSRP +10.

Sponsored

OP
OP

brijen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Raptor - Ordered
Local to the dc metro area MSRP + 5k is as good as people are finding on 801A 35" raptors. Most places start the conversation at MSRP +10.
Ouch. That would widen the gap even more then for someone who was actually willing to pay above MSRP.

Coolrain

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
Yea it took like 5 phone calls to find a dealer at sticker (35, 801A). brijen is correct that the gap would be more if you are getting the Tremor below sticker (x-plan, etc.) I just know as I was talking with dealers and getting the run around about market conditions (not taking x-plan, blah blah blah) that it just made sense to order the Raptor as I did want all the tech etc.
small bonus - I got a build date and VIN right away

Hemmy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Raptor
Yea it took like 5 phone calls to find a dealer at sticker (35, 801A). brijen is correct that the gap would be more if you are getting the Tremor below sticker (x-plan, etc.) I just know as I was talking with dealers and getting the run around about market conditions (not taking x-plan, blah blah blah) that it just made sense to order the Raptor as I did want all the tech etc.
small bonus - I got a build date and VIN right away
I did the same. The price difference to go to the Raptor was too small not to get the Raptor. I also found a dealer and got a Raptor for MSRP. I don't have a build date, but I do have a VIN and a build week. As of right now the build week is 9/27, but holding off on nagging FP again. I might wait until after Thursday and see if I got moved up like others have.

IconicTremor

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Agate Black Tremor
Occupation
Healthcare IT/Property Management
I finally have four 402a Tremors showing up near me in the inventory search, none have Torsen though.

After listening to you guys talk I wonder if I should have just gone with the Raptor for not much more, 800a. I'm just not fond of the width of the truck and don't need all the over the top stuff. The Tremor will barely squeeze into my garage stall the way it is.

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I could order one for below MSRP if I wanted. GT500 or Mach1 too.

I did the same. The price difference to go to the Raptor was too small not to get the Raptor. I also found a dealer and got a Raptor for MSRP. I don't have a build date, but I do have a VIN and a build week. As of right now the build week is 9/27, but holding off on nagging FP again. I might wait until after Thursday and see if I got moved up like others have.
I doubt your order will get bumped up. I've seen orders getting moved back to 9/27, not up.
Sponsored