First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Albert, can the tailgate step be ordered on a King Ranch separate from the power tailgate package? The order guide makes it look like you have to get the power tailgate, but the pricing guide, esource book and order guides all seem to have some conflicts or at the very least some confusion. Thanks.
I guess I'd like to know the same question for the Lariat, if the step is available separate from the power tailgate. I haven't 100% decided on KR over the Lariat yet. Thanks.

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Albert, can the tailgate step be ordered on a King Ranch separate from the power tailgate package? The order guide makes it look like you have to get the power tailgate, but the pricing guide, esource book and order guides all seem to have some conflicts or at the very least some confusion. Thanks.

Just went into the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Order) system and you can get the tailgate step.

However the power tailgate or Remote Deck/Tailgate release are the 2 other selections has to be one or the other...

Power Tailgate being as part of the Lariat and up package

Last edited:

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
I guess I'd like to know the same question for the Lariat, if the step is available separate from the power tailgate. I haven't 100% decided on KR over the Lariat yet. Thanks.
There is already the "power tailgate" on the Lariat (used 500A) and the step is available as an option..

In the same order box as the power tailgate is the Remote Deck/Tailgate release so it is one or the other..

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Weird... wonder why my order summary (Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 502A) has itemized price for the power tailgate, while the step seems included at 0. dollars. :unsure:

Ford F-150 2021 F-150 Price List Guide (MSRP & Invoice Pricing) - All Models, Equipment Packages, Options, Accessories F150 Lariat 4x4 Order3

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
I just went through the last 5 I have quoted and the 4 without Tailgate step do not mention the power tailgate at all in there..

The one with tailgate step is like your charge for power tailgate but not the step...

Standard Features

Ford F-150 2021 F-150 Price List Guide (MSRP & Invoice Pricing) - All Models, Equipment Packages, Options, Accessories 1597241204267

Free Standing options

Ford F-150 2021 F-150 Price List Guide (MSRP & Invoice Pricing) - All Models, Equipment Packages, Options, Accessories 1597241317348

Reactions: Don

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota 4Runner
That makes sense... when putting my list of features/options that I wanted, I only said "Tailgate step" and that's how it came out. At first I was going to say but I don't want to pay more for a power-operated tailgate. Then just decided it was a cool feature that I don't mind paying 1% extra for. So it seems you must option the Power gate to get the tailgate step included - and that cool new work surface embedded into the tailgate interior side!

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah, I absolutely want the tailgate step, but think the power tailgate is something that will just break in time that I'd rather not pay for up front, or the second time when it costs even more to fix it. I'm a cheap engineer when it comes to this stuff. I'm also not ordering the interior work surface for the same reason. When the electronic shifter retraction system breaks it's going to cost a lot more than $165 to fix it...

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
sorry, the question was more, will Ford make all of these options a la carte or will any of these options be grouped into upgrade packages?
Ok ... so all of the options that are listed below the trucks are stand alone or a package as listed..

The B&O unleashed for instance is a stand alone option..

Sponsored

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
So Albert,

Based on B&O Unleashed (588) being a stand alone option, can it be added to a King Ranch Base (600A) truck? The order guides make it seem like to get (588) on a King Ranch you have to upgrade to the (601A) high trim package. This seems odd, because Unleashed can be optioned on a Lariat (502A), so you'd think any higher trims would either include it or at least offer it as an option.

Also wondering what (50N) Navigation really is? There seem to be different listings for Navigation throughout the order guides and other reference documents. Included with Sync 4 they call it "Connected Navigation" with a footnote that it is only free for a 90 day trial. Then on the Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0 package, they call it "Connected Built-In Navigation" with a footnote that the free trial period lasts 3 years. And then finally there is the (50N) Navigation option listed in the price guide, that seems to line up with what the stand-alone Navigation option cost on most of Ford's 2020 cars/trucks which I assume is DVD based, or on a built in hard drive? I'd like to know what I have to order to ensure my KR or Lariat (still trying to decide) will have on-baord navigation built in to the truck's infotainment system that is not beholden to some paid subscription or free trial period. I may be a dinasuar that doens't use google maps or one of those phone apps, I just like my vehicles having a GPS based navigation with the U.S. maps loaded into memory.

Sorry for pestering you with multiple requests. It seems like there is now too much information available from multiple Ford documents, and some of it is misleading/confusing/contradictory.

If you don't have time to look into all of this, I completely understand.

Thanks again for all your assistance.

Roger

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Based on B&O Unleashed (588) being a stand alone option, can it be added to a King Ranch Base (600A) truck?

I do not know why Ford did that but it is not available on the base package Lariat 500-501, KR 600 or Platinum 700.

Also wondering what (50N) Navigation really is?

Built in GPS navigation, touchscreen with SIRIUS satellite radio no subscription for the Nav

Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0 package, they call it "Connected Built-In Navigation" with a footnote that the free trial period lasts 3 years.

The only thing I can find that they is subscription based in it is the Satellite Radio but that is at no charge for 3 months.
Sync 4 they call it "Connected Navigation" with a footnote that it is only free for a 90 day trial.

SYNC 4 with available Enhanced Voice Recognition takes advantage of the cloud to deliver a more robust — and connected — navigation experience in F‑150.
Navigation maps on the SYNC screen rely on internet input to provide the latest info on traffic and construction zones in addition to directions.
The system regularly refreshes to capture the latest possible developments along the driver’s route.

So it sounds like the Navigation will be working but the "Enhanced" features will expire.

• Navigation services require SYNC®4 and FordPass Connect, complimentary connect service and the FordPass app.
  • Customer receives a complimentary 90-day trial of navigation services when an eligible vehicle is added to a member’s FordPass account.
  • Trial period begins on the new vehicle warranty start date.
  • At the end of the complimentary period, navigation service will terminate.
  • Connected service and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability.
  • Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features.
Clear as mud to me, trying to unscramble the eggs that they make.o_O

Sorry for pestering you with multiple requests. It seems like there is now too much information available from multiple Ford documents, and some of it is misleading/confusing/contradictory.

Do not feel bad I have difficulty deciphering it and we get tested on it...

Noel

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 4 x 4
Is Ford allowing folks to order a regular cab 2021 F-150 truck with the 3.0 diesel engine?

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Is Ford allowing folks to order a regular cab 2021 F-150 truck with the 3.0 diesel engine?
No you cannot order the regular cab with the Diesel engine..

ChessCharlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Highlander
Thanks for great info! I've been searching up and down trying to figure out if I'll be able to get adaptive cruise control on the 2021 XLT model.. from this it makes it seem like it will be an option on the XLT? My thought is that would be included in the Co-Pilot 360 2.0?

Thanks again for any info and really appreciate this thread!
Sponsored