Sponsored

2017 Silver Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 XLT and 1988 Mustang GT
Occupation
Machinist
In fear of sounding dumb. What is dealer holdback? Also what good is knowing the invoice pricing if your dealer won't budge?
Sponsored

Wishiwas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
In fear of sounding dumb. What is dealer holdback? Also what good is knowing the invoice pricing if your dealer won't budge?
A dealer holdback is an amount that auto manufacturers provide to auto dealers for each new vehicle that is sold. The holdback is usually a percentage of the invoice price or the manufacturer's suggested retail price, or MSRP. A typical holdback is 2 percent to 3 percent of the MSRP.

To answer the second part, if a dealer won't budge, walk out. There are other Ford dealers that will. Having said that, right now we're in a supply and demand situation. Dearships can't keep these on their lot for very long because they sell themselves. Dealers don't need to wheel and deal right now. Once they start coming in on a daily basis, that will change.

Last edited:

satexas

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 2021 L502a
Question - When I ordered mine back in early November, there was no way to negotiate so I just walked in and said I'd buy my build (Lariat, 2021 Hybrid, SCrew, Chromed 502a) for $1000 under invoice price - take it or leave it. They took it.

Mine is due to be built week of Jan 25th but not scheduled yet according to vin tracking. Dealer told me I wouldn't know 'my price' until invoice came in a week or two before delivery date.

How much is that true, will they give me the true invoice price and do you think I did well doing that?

Sponsored

bigskydu

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 6.5' Powerboost
You should know your price. That's wack.
Question - When I ordered mine back in early November, there was no way to negotiate so I just walked in and said I'd buy my build (Lariat, 2021 Hybrid, SCrew, Chromed 502a) for $1000 under invoice price - take it or leave it. They took it.

Mine is due to be built week of Jan 25th but not scheduled yet according to vin tracking. Dealer told me I wouldn't know 'my price' until invoice came in a week or two before delivery date.

How much is that true, will they give me the true invoice price and do you think I did well doing that?

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra, CX-5, Rogue Sport, Lincoln MKX

you can figure the invoice price with the build sheet or go to Costco Auto Program and build it there. $1k under invoice plus rebates is a very good deal right now. Which dealer did you go to?

satexas

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 2021 L502a
You should know your price. That's wack.
Well back in Sept/Oct, the dealers only knew MSRP and didn’t know any details, and projecting rebates was impossible.... so ordering early has its risks... but I have the right to back out anytime. I ordered late Oct.

So I wanted in line early, knowing it would cost me a little and offered $1000 under invoice plus whatever discounts are being offered at the time of my delivery date, and they accepted it.

We have it written and dual signed in my order so they cant whiff on me.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Well back in Sept/Oct, the dealers only knew MSRP and didn’t know any details, and projecting rebates was impossible.... so ordering early has its risks... but I have the right to back out anytime. I ordered late Oct.

So I wanted in line early, knowing it would cost me a little and offered $1000 under invoice plus whatever discounts are being offered at the time of my delivery date, and they accepted it.

I ordered mine from Northside in August. ( I bought my 05 Ranger from them)
I got invoice, and I am okay with that.
But, I did not get a fully loaded truck, just a mid XLT
This is my third and probably last NEW truck and I tend to keep them a very long time.
(Bought my 79 Chevy C-10 new, and it is sitting next to the garage now—dead)
The order did have an error in it, but that will be handled at delivery.
I think mine was the first ‘21 ordered, and there were some obstacles to overcome.
I had originally gone in to order a 2020, but was just a few days late so they used my 2020 build to come up with the ‘21.

Sponsored

JDMan

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Does anyone have the Canadian Build and Price Dealer Invoice sheet?

Kate

First Name
Kate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Ems
Where could I find the Canadian Pricing version? Do I need to attempt to ask the dealers directly?

JDMan

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Where could I find the Canadian Pricing version? Do I need to attempt to ask the dealers directly?
Hi Kate. I did a bit of digging around in the past few days and found that you can sign up to uhaggle for free, build your truck, then it will output a report of the invoice price for your trim line and all the upgrades. You don't have to pay anything, just keep following the directions after you sign up and configure your truck.

https://unhaggle.com/

MR G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Hi Kate. I did a bit of digging around in the past few days and found that you can sign up to uhaggle for free, build your truck, then it will output a report of the invoice price for your trim line and all the upgrades. You don't have to pay anything, just keep following the directions after you sign up and configure your truck.

https://unhaggle.com/
i wouldn’t use unhaggle. There just a lead generator for dealerships. I have look all over for months and no one has posted it. Message me directly and I can share my months of research pricing.

bigskydu

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 6.5' Powerboost

Oh, that makes sense. (y)
Sponsored