Sponsored

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
My question is NOT how do you figure out the mapping of the module. I'm just grateful that someone can figure that out! But rather what is the procedure for deciphering the value of the oem xxxx-xxxx-xxxx? Again, using the example, what is it about xxxx-xx05-00 meant 80? Is this just a math equation/procedure that someone can learn?
So, the equations are in the lines of the FORscan document from the Oracles decipherers. For instance, the BCM one above, the equation at that address is shown as

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? 1664430961517

The default config for the ** ** in the line is 05 AO as the Hex value.

Using the converter TJ linked, you can convert.

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? 1664431279498

1440 / 16 = 80%

Work backwards to edit the value.

95% x 16 = 1520

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? 1664431479921

05 F0 for 95% SoC

That one took just a touch of figuring, but it looks liek the ones for the wheel mass are much more straight forward. I think your first step will be seeing what the values in your VDM are for all these lines
Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? 1664431620659
Looks like RL is split over two lines, as the values are all just a continuing string.
Sponsored

mikey1988

First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F150 XLT fx4 reg cab V8, '79 Ford Granada
Occupation
steel mill worker
has anyone with a 2021 reg cab figured out if it is possible to add a fader and rear speaker outputs to the 8" infotainment system?

also i am looking to raise the speed limiter which cuts out my truck at 105mph ideally i would like no speed limiter but will settle to raise it to say 130 mph or higher (this function will be used only at the track)

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Question in regards to MyKey, was doing some work on a buddies 22, and changed some things in the APIM. Would changing anything there mess with or somewhat reset his MyKey config? He had it setup in his truck, was using the admin key, then after I changed some things, it sorta renamed his profile to include a "1" before the name, and now it seems he's locked out of all the changes you can make from the MyKey settings. Curious if anyone else has ran into this or knows of a good way to just totally reset the MyKey in these trucks, or just disable it and be done it with. Tried to disable the MyKey speed limit in the IPC, as its locked at 80 MPH right now, and that didn't do anything and still can't go faster than that...

I did some looking and seems like a PCM KOER test might be a way to reset it, tried that this evening and when you remove the key and need to ignition back on, nothing as it says no key detected like it should, so kinda at a loss at the moment

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
A quick question regarding how you Forscan gurus continue to develop the ever increasing number of editable values.....

In my simple man's mind, there are two levels of discovery:

1. Figuring out which addresses are related to a feature. What I have described as mapping a module. For example, I recently applied the edit in the BCM module related to the targeted battery charge state. It's location is BCM 726-08-02
So first someone figured out that address is about battery charge target value

2. Deciphering the value of the xxxx xxxx xxxx for the address. Returning to the same example, someone figured out that xxxx-xx05-00xx = 80%
And that changing the value to 05-A0 = 90%

My question is NOT how do you figure out the mapping of the module. I'm just grateful that someone can figure that out! But rather what is the procedure for deciphering the value of the oem xxxx-xxxx-xxxx? Again, using the example, what is it about xxxx-xx05-00 meant 80? Is this just a math equation/procedure that someone can learn?

If you are wondering why I am asking, I'm willing to admit.... I would LOVE to know what the xxxx-xxxx-xxxx = for the weight of the wheel/tire, which supposedly is stored in the VDM module. (according to some GENIUS that mapped the VDM module) If there is some mathematical interpretation of the xxxx-xxxx-xxxx = Y lbs, then I want to edit the VDM AsBuilt to a different weight value in order to see how it affects the CCD damping.

If it's easier to just point this old geezer somewhere to go learn this stuff himself? I'd be thrilled to go make the effort. :)
I was giving some thought to what you are currently trying to accomplish with the CCD. I believe you mentioned wanting to firm the ride at one point?

If it were me, I think I would try increasing the unsprung mass numbers. Unsprung mass has a pretty profound effect on suspension and handling characteristics. Bumping these numbers even slightly should cause the CCD to adjust the compression and rebound rates to compensate.

You can pull your current values which are in hex and convert to decimal using one of the online calculator previously discussed. This will give you the current weight setting in Kilograms. Take that number and add say 10 Kg (22 lbs) as a starting point and convert back to hex. Input the hex values and go test the truck.

Theres a huge element of unknown since I do not think we know Ford’s software algorithm and exactly how these numbers are used to adjust the dampers. I would start with a small change and work my way up or down depending on the results.

Damping rate calculations are pretty complex and I have to assume Ford’s software is taking a lot of factors into consideration, so the results of making changes could be unpredictable. Proceed with caution, but it would interesting to tinker with. I wish I had CCD to play with.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I was giving some thought to what you are currently trying to accomplish with the CCD. I believe you mentioned wanting to firm the ride at one point?

If it were me, I think I would try increasing the unsprung mass numbers. Unsprung mass has a pretty profound effect on suspension and handling characteristics. Bumping these numbers even slightly should cause the CCD to adjust the compression and rebound rates to compensate.

You can pull your current values which are in hex and convert to decimal using one of the online calculator previously discussed. This will give you the current weight setting in Kilograms. Take that number and add say 10 Kg (22 lbs) as a starting point and convert back to hex. Input the hex values and go test the truck.

Theres a huge element of unknown since I do not think we know Ford’s software algorithm and exactly how these numbers are used to adjust the dampers. I would start with a small change and work my way up or down depending on the results.

Damping rate calculations are pretty complex and I have to assume Ford’s software is taking a lot of factors into consideration, so the results of making changes could be unpredictable. Proceed with caution, but it would interesting to tinker with. I wish I had CCD to play with.
Thanks!

I've been doing exactly that.
I mean I have been working on a spreadsheet and filling in my decimal values for every line in the AsBuilt for my truck.

And yes, the "unsprung mass" entries as well as the wheel/tire weight entries are where I am going to experiment. :)
(wheel/tire weight implies that the CCD damping takes that into account and it IS a factor in proper damping. One often overlooked in folks mind)

I'm also making the effort of collecting the AsBuilt values for the VDM when I change drive modes, to verify what parameters are altered since the drive mode is influential on the CCD damping.

There's also a lot of pids available for the VDM, so becoming intimate with them and how they relate to the truck in real time might matter as well.

I'm in this for the long run. The one thing that would change that is if some aftermarket company offered a VDM replacement with their preferences for performance? The Mustang has that kind of support for its version of CCD. (Magnaride, or something like that. Porsche does as well for its PASM suspension)

Regardless, thanks for the encouragement!
It means a lot to me.

Sponsored

Ja1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Occupation
Bum
Quick question, I just swapped regular mirrors to tow ones model number ML3Z-17696-DA and most of the function works except they don't extend and retract. Does eny one know how to enable this function?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Quick question, I just swapped regular mirrors to tow ones model number ML3Z-17696-DA and most of the function works except they don't extend and retract. Does eny one know how to enable this function?
Do you have the extend button available on the door panel?

Snippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Is it possible to change the color theme for sync 4? I know in sync 3 there was way to get the ford performance ones etc. Wondering if this is possible? Not a fan of the blue.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
has anyone with a 2021 reg cab figured out if it is possible to add a fader and rear speaker outputs to the 8" infotainment system?

also i am looking to raise the speed limiter which cuts out my truck at 105mph ideally i would like no speed limiter but will settle to raise it to say 130 mph or higher (this function will be used only at the track)
I don't see why you couldn't, do those not even come with rear speakers anymore? Would just need to change a few options in the ACM but then you'd have to look and see if you even have wiring for the rear speakers coming out of the radio to begin with.

Would need a tuner to get rid of the limiter.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Question in regards to MyKey, was doing some work on a buddies 22, and changed some things in the APIM. Would changing anything there mess with or somewhat reset his MyKey config? He had it setup in his truck, was using the admin key, then after I changed some things, it sorta renamed his profile to include a "1" before the name, and now it seems he's locked out of all the changes you can make from the MyKey settings. Curious if anyone else has ran into this or knows of a good way to just totally reset the MyKey in these trucks, or just disable it and be done it with. Tried to disable the MyKey speed limit in the IPC, as its locked at 80 MPH right now, and that didn't do anything and still can't go faster than that...

I did some looking and seems like a PCM KOER test might be a way to reset it, tried that this evening and when you remove the key and need to ignition back on, nothing as it says no key detected like it should, so kinda at a loss at the moment
Did you get it resolved?

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Did you get it resolved?
Nope... The truck is a hour away so haven't had a lot of time to mess with it, hopefully tomorrow again. Any ideas?? I almost wonder if there might be something in FDRS to try and reset MyKey? Just trying to think how a dealer might do it if you took it to them for the issue.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Nope... The truck is a hour away so haven't had a lot of time to mess with it, hopefully tomorrow again. Any ideas?? I almost wonder if there might be something in FDRS to try and reset MyKey? Just trying to think how a dealer might do it if you took it to them for the issue.
Yeah problem is you have to have dealer access. Its in the Pats programming. You cant access anythign Pats without locksmith log in or dealer login.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
What do you currently have? Door speakers and A pillar (4 speakers)?

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Yeah problem is you have to have dealer access. Its in the Pats programming. You cant access anythign Pats without locksmith log in or dealer login.
Dang, good to know though, if all else fails that's probably what we'll end up doing, thanks!
Sponsored