2021, 5.0, 28k miles minor oil leak

JFollow

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 5.0 Lariat
Decided to poke my head under the engine bay this afternoon and noticed a few things....I'm not sure if the two are from the same source, but to me it seems unlikely.

1) Wet block underneath left/drivers headers, near the back. Looks like possible head gasket leak, albeit very minor.

2) Oil seeping underneath valve cover, near the front. Again left/drivers side.

Ford F-150 2021, 5.0, 28k miles minor oil leak IMG_3229

Ford F-150 2021, 5.0, 28k miles minor oil leak IMG_3232

I realize it probably varies, but at what point do you think a dealership will actually do something about this?

I have a 10 yr, 100k mile ford premium ESP, so I think the only risk is that they deny warranty based on maintenance records, if they don't take care of it sooner rather than later.
Sponsored

WhiteLightningnshitshadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 4.6 SCAB 6.5 and 2022 2.7 SCREW 5.5
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Im not as familiar with the ins and outs of the 5.0s to say where that might be coming from, but Id definitely be taking that to the dealer. Maintenance records aren't a factor, as people can do their own oil changes all day long and a dealer can't deny warranty for changes not being done in a shop or stealership.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Decided to poke my head under the engine bay this afternoon and noticed a few things....I'm not sure if the two are from the same source, but to me it seems unlikely.

1) Wet block underneath left/drivers headers, near the back. Looks like possible head gasket leak, albeit very minor.

2) Oil seeping underneath valve cover, near the front. Again left/drivers side.

IMG_3229.jpeg

IMG_3232.jpeg

I realize it probably varies, but at what point do you think a dealership will actually do something about this?

I have a 10 yr, 100k mile ford premium ESP, so I think the only risk is that they deny warranty based on maintenance records, if they don't take care of it sooner rather than later.
Hello! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this oil leak concern? Thank you!

OP
OP

JFollow

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 5.0 Lariat
Update:

Dye check confirmed leak in valve cover…dealer replaced gasket.

No dye seen from cyl 8 head gasket area, and ford says “seepage” is OK. So I guess I’ll just have to keep an eye on it.
Sponsored