2021 F150 5.0 leaking engine oil and other issues

Gcal73

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Supercrew 4x4 5.0L
Just wondering if anyone else has had a new 2021 f150 with the 5.0 engine leaking engine oil? I have 1700 miles on it. I can see the front of the oil pan is wet with oil and the drip seems to amount to a round spot of 4 inches or so through a full day of sitting on concrete driveway. Also the alarm has gone off twice in the middle of the night for no reason and the driver and passenger window don't open or close properly. When I use the auto close it closes then opens back up 3 inches. The passenger window will only go down 3/4 of way and then stops. Calling my dealer in the morning to have a chat...
Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Somewhere here someone posted about how to calibrate the power windows.

The false alarms are common too and supposedly, they are supposed to be updated, until then, you can turn off the motion alarm in settings on the main screen.

You are the first to mention an oil leak that I know of on this forum and the dealership has definitely got to get that fixed for you. Hopefully, they’ll fix it right the first time. I believe that the 5.0s are being shipped with two different oil pan materials, one plastic and the other aluminum alloy.

Good luck!

OP
OP

Gcal73

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Somewhere here someone posted about how to calibrate the power windows.

The false alarms are common too and supposedly, they are supposed to be updated, until then, you can turn off the motion alarm in settings on the main screen.

You are the first to mention an oil leak that I know of on this forum and the dealership has definitely got to get that fixed for you. Hopefully, they’ll fix it right the first time. I believe that the 5.0s are being shipped with two different oil pan materials, one plastic and the other aluminum alloy.

Good luck!
Yes, mine is the plastic oil pan. I was surprised by that. I have turned off the motion alarm as you say. On Ford pass app it would tell me there was an intruder. The first night it happened I went out to the truck, there had been fresh snowfall and there were zero tracks around my truck. It happened a second time on a clear night, once again no one around. I will update on the oil leak once it has been diagnosed.

SuvE

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Check your oil filter. On the Mustang forums there have been instances of loose oil filters from the factory on the Coyote engines.

OP
OP

Gcal73

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Check your oil filter. On the Mustang forums there have been instances of loose oil filters from the factory on the Coyote engines.

Hello, just an update, I did check the oil filter and it was fine. The dealer diagnosed it as a leaking oil cooler. It has been ordered and will be replaced shortly(this week!) The truck was 'reprogrammed' for both the window issue as well as the alarm system. Hopefully that ends the alarm going off at 3am, I am sure my neighbors will be relieved.

Sponsored

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Yes, mine is the plastic oil pan. I was surprised by that. I have turned off the motion alarm as you say. On Ford pass app it would tell me there was an intruder. The first night it happened I went out to the truck, there had been fresh snowfall and there were zero tracks around my truck. It happened a second time on a clear night, once again no one around. I will update on the oil leak once it has been diagnosed.
My alarm has gone off twice 12am and 2:45am.
Has the dealer fixed your problem?
I had 0/2 sensor go out at 800 miles.
Had to take truck back to have mirror software reflashed.
Display screen went black, 2 hours started working again with no more occurrences.
Starting to have concerns.

OP
OP

Gcal73

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No. The service desk suggested there was no record of the alarm going off in the computer. I showed them the ford pass app notifications and could guarantee I was waken up by the alarms. I did shut off the motion alarm and it hasn't gone off since doing that. I definitely have concerns.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
No. The service desk suggested there was no record of the alarm going off in the computer. I showed them the ford pass app notifications and could guarantee I was waken up by the alarms. I did shut off the motion alarm and it hasn't gone off since doing that. I definitely have concerns.
They didn't reflash it anyway..
I can show them the fist time on my Ford Pass.
Thanks...

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Alarm will go off with my 4 pin trailer connected from day one and has apparently been fixed now with the new trailer tow module update. Will find out when i use that trailer next time. Had driver side window bounceback problems too. Tried the procedure as described in the manual without luck. Dealer re calibrated software twice with it only working for couple days each time. Since then, passenger side window had lost it's auto-up and had to hold the button till it closed. They replaced the D.S. window motor a week ago and recalibrated P.S. window. So far, so good for now.
Sponsored