• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

$12,500 tax credit possible?

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
There is a push (not sure it will be successful) to make it a point of sale rebate, so it come straight off of the purchase price, vs. When you do your tax return.
Almost every automaker in the EV game is telling the WH and Congress there needs to be government incentives for EVs to take off. I just don't see there not being some sort of push from government for EV adoption. Installing chargers alone isn't gonna cut it...
Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
And how exactly would they kill it? There's nothing in the bipartisan bill I saw that changes it. Without action it would just continue as is.

I take this to mean it would be improved.....I don't see there being support for it being killed off entirely, despite what one senator may want because he's beholden to big oil....
I didn't say that the existing credit would be killed. Only that reconciliation bill is dead for now. The senator that came out against reconciliation bill is not a he. It's a she. Sinema of AZ.

For some reason lefties think that the best way to get people to come around to their point of view is to insult them. In what alternative universe does it ever work?

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Almost every automaker in the EV game is telling the WH and Congress there needs to be government incentives for EVs to take off. I just don't see there not being some sort of push from government for EV adoption. Installing chargers alone isn't gonna cut it...
Almost every manufacturer in any business is telling the WH and Congress there needs to be government incentives for their products. That's why they all hire overpriced lobbyists.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I didn't say that the existing credit would be killed. Only that reconciliation bill is dead for now. The senator that came out against reconciliation bill is not a he. It's a she. Sinema of AZ.

For some reason lefties think that the best way to get people to come around to their point of view is to insult them. In what alternative universe does it ever work?
FWIW I was talking about Manchin who has deep ties to oil and coal in WV. As far as Sinema goes, I don't know much about her. Manchin has been waffling as well.

I'm not seeing any insults on here, just healthy conversation.

You don't think if 49 other senators and the WH is on board with a reconciliation bill they aren't gonna find some way to bring Sinema on board?

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You don't think if 49 other senators and the WH is on board with a reconciliation bill they aren't gonna find some way to bring Sinema on board?
Not by name calling! They might find some way, but it's far from certain that the final product will be $3,500,000,000,000 or include EV incentives.

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

So we stepped down from the "F your feelings" crowd and the "snowflake" liberals to having the mean liberals insulting people. Suddenly you're appalled. Interesting.....

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So we stepped down from the "F your feelings" crowd and the "snowflake" liberals to having the mean liberals insulting people. Suddenly you're appalled. Interesting.....
Not appalled at all. Just curious how name calling helps their cause.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Even Elon Musk recently said the EV tax credits have gone from being a benefit to being a detriment. EV tax credits are now a moral hazard - literally an impediment to those of us who care about widespread EV adoption. If we continue this trope - that they are necessary for adoption, we lose the message - EV's have been around long enough now to stand on their own competitively - and they are now truly doing that. I was an early adopter, paid huge premiums to enjoy the initial rush before the world got what it was about - but it is now mainstream. Standing there with our hands out today is both unseemly and immoral given that the goal has largely been accomplished. No less than Elon Musk agrees with this view. Time to move on.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Even Elon Musk recently said the EV tax credits have gone from being a benefit to being a detriment. EV tax credits are now a moral hazard - literally an impediment to those of us who care about widespread EV adoption. If we continue this trope - that they are necessary for adoption, we lose the message - EV's have been around long enough now to stand on their own competitively - and they are now truly doing that. I was an early adopter, paid huge premiums to enjoy the initial rush before the world got what it was about - but it is now mainstream. Standing there with our hands out today is both unseemly and immoral given that the goal has largely been accomplished. No less than Elon Musk agrees with this view. Time to move on.
Oh so LORD Elon agrees, Oh wait that surely convinces me. <rolls eyes>

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

So it was OK for you..but immoral for the rest of us. Got it. Hypocrite much?

Dude you are a riot...keep drinking the Elon kool aid....

I don't call 2% "mission accomplished" and the fact we are growing slower than China and Europe tells me there's still work to do. EVs are hardly mainstream....yet.

Electric vehicle market growing more slowly in U.S. than China, Europe | Pew Research Center

Last edited:

Sponsored

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
a $52 vehicle isn't a luxury product? What first world do you live in?
Tesla EV world. There's nothing luxury about a Model 3. It's a stark vehicle, not even any inline driver's info. A Model 3 is $37k average car with an expensive battery.

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I don't call 2% "mission accomplished" and the fact we are growing slower than China and Europe tells me there's still work to do.
Just as with small cars in beginning the 50's which killed US car industry which didn't adapt fast enough. Same is going on with EV's, the weight of having to provide ICE vehicles in US in EV's rest of the world slows US car industry.

Then there's the climate change issues to cut emissions.

Its just happening way too slowly.

Last edited:

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
IMHO, any expansion of the EV tax credit needs to have an upper MSRP limit.

An MSRP limit would a) push automakers to lower their prices to meet the threshold and would b) better target more price-sensitive consumers at the lower MSRP, higher volume end of the market.

We do not need to be subsidizing $100K+ Taycan or Model S.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Ok so I haven't dug through the entire infrastructure bill that was released in its final form last night? Anyone see if this is still present or if it is going to be put into different legislation (or possibly off the table)?

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Ok so I haven't dug through the entire infrastructure bill that was released in its final form last night? Anyone see if this is still present or if it is going to be put into different legislation (or possibly off the table)?
I didn't READ the whole thing, but I used the search function and can't find anything for the EV tax credit.

Sponsored