11/21/22 - Build Week - MY 23

MedicalPhysicist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Hybrid on Order
My biggest complaint is that I can order a pizza, know when it is made picked up track the delivery and that shows up at my house usually within a few minutes of when they say. Meanwhile, you order a 70 K vehicle, tracking the process is unreliable and there is no way to get an accurate date within even a month of actual delivery, every representative gives a different answer, and the price goes up as you are waiting.
I mean making a pizza and making a truck might be slightly different. Why does the price increase? Do you not have price protection? or are you talking about interest rates?
Sponsored

Matt99

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Raptor 2022 Lightning
Occupation
Anesthetist
I mean making a pizza and making a truck might be slightly different. Why does the price increase? Do you not have price protection? or are you talking about interest rates?
It is slightly different, but there are also 18yo’s making pizza and billions worth of infrastructure behind Ford building vehicles. If UPS makes you feel better, that works too. I can track my package throughout a journey and even see the exact location before delivery. There is no reason that someone can’t update customers on the “true” status of their vehicle. The vehicles have 5g modems in them and can be tracked individually.

No price protection was offered on MY22 to MY23 rollover Raptors. I think I might be price protected from the 1k rise in MRSP from Aug to Oct. Also, didn’t get 0% on them either. But yes, interest rates are increasing quickly. I was planning on using a local CU and my Ford rate might beat it for the first time ever because I do get to keep the 2.9% from my March order date.

MedicalPhysicist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Hybrid on Order
It is slightly different, but there are also 18yo’s making pizza and billions worth of infrastructure behind Ford building vehicles. If UPS makes you feel better, that works too. I can track my package throughout a journey and even see the exact location before delivery. There is no reason that someone can’t update customers on the “true” status of their vehicle. The vehicles have 5g modems in them and can be tracked individually.

No price protection was offered on MY22 to MY23 rollover Raptors. I think I might be price protected from the 1k rise in MRSP from Aug to Oct. Also, didn’t get 0% on them either. But yes, interest rates are increasing quickly. I was planning on using a local CU and my Ford rate might beat it for the first time ever because I do get to keep the 2.9% from my March order date.
Okay I was a bit confused by the price increases, but understand where you are coming from there. I guess if I ordered a 23 MY next spring i'd be really mad if they didn't honor the price if they rolled me over to MY 24.

I still don't think there is an apples to apples comparison out there to manufacturing a vehicle. It gets put together piece by piece. That 5G modem has to be turned on and when it gets installed is anybody's guess. Yes, they probably could have something like a tracking barcode that everytime something gets installed it gets scanned into the system. Sounds like they already do that though? the modules? I think once a truck is deemed on hold, it gets put into a holding lot which is not monitored by anything or anyone (thats probably were they could be better no?). UPS loses packages all the damn time. You contact amazon, & they're like its late or we don't know where it is. I guess, what I am saying is, nothing is perfect, everything has flaws no matter how big or small a business is.

Matt99

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Raptor 2022 Lightning
Occupation
Anesthetist
Okay I was a bit confused by the price increases, but understand where you are coming from there. I guess if I ordered a 23 MY next spring i'd be really mad if they didn't honor the price if they rolled me over to MY 24.

I still don't think there is an apples to apples comparison out there to manufacturing a vehicle. It gets put together piece by piece. That 5G modem has to be turned on and when it gets installed is anybody's guess. Yes, they probably could have something like a tracking barcode that everytime something gets installed it gets scanned into the system. Sounds like they already do that though? the modules? I think once a truck is deemed on hold, it gets put into a holding lot which is not monitored by anything or anyone (thats probably were they could be better no?). UPS loses packages all the damn time. You contact amazon, & they're like its late or we don't know where it is. I guess, what I am saying is, nothing is perfect, everything has flaws no matter how big or small a business is.
They do scan and link them together, hence the tear tag. If it updates in the system, why couldn’t it update to let the order holder know? Sent to a lot…”chip hold” rather than stay “in production”. My modem is already showing up, just awaiting my activation.

Also, they could be clear with people. CS agent “Hey Matt, just an update- your second/third largest purchase in life just left the factory but unfortunately it has to go to a lot filled with bird poop and industrial fallout to await a chip that should be arriving 11-21-11/25. I’ll try to keep you informed as I am given information”. Even an email when you order saying they only have two single days worth of chips and you will immediately go into chip hold for an indefinite amount of time.

There’s plenty of actions and updates they could provide us. Ford chooses to hide behind a corporate curtain and most of what we hear is due to insiders and leaks. I guess it goes back to Henry Ford and him allowing people to order whatever color they want for their Model T, as long as it was Black.

Nano150

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150
Occupation
Teacher
Did anyone else’s order track reset?
My “order confirmed” remains the same but my “status” reset back to 0 with a lot longer “avg”, “longest wait” and “cars”.
Not sure what this means. My status was previously at 15+ days before it reset.

Sponsored

mrblonde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502 PB
Yep. Mine reset to zero.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
mine too

Blackout150

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150
My “order confirmed” remains the same but my “status” reset back to 0 with a lot longer “avg”, “longest wait” and “cars”.
It finally went back to normal for me. It had crashes a couple weeks back. What you guys were looking at was not correct. That’s the true longest wait. Almost there
Ford F-150 11/21/22 - Build Week - MY 23 F3A66D36-1DFB-41CB-9E2E-A82D079A5EC4

jjackamn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 PB Lariat Delivered 2/14/23
Occupation
Service
It happened to me too

1Dippin

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I’ve been 11/21 and now I’m ‘in production’. Says window sticker is available but it isn’t yet. Maybe in the next day or two. Does all this make sense for us or could this be an error?

Ford F-150 11/21/22 - Build Week - MY 23 DB0B2E3F-22B9-4A9B-9807-3B373C183352

Sponsored

Blackout150

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150
I’ve been 11/21 and now I’m ‘in production’. Says window sticker is available but it isn’t yet. Maybe in the next day or two. Does all this make sense for us or could this be an error?

DB0B2E3F-22B9-4A9B-9807-3B373C183352.png
So it usually goes into production about 10 days before your blend date. You should be able to see your sticker about seven days before your blend date. All looks good

1Dippin

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
So it usually goes into production about 10 days before your blend date. You should be able to see your sticker about seven days before your blend date. All looks good
Thank you, great to know! I’ll check for the sticker later this week

Nano150

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150
Occupation
Teacher

DB0B2E3F-22B9-4A9B-9807-3B373C183352.png
What does the order track app say for you at this point?
Reason I ask is because the ford tracking system doesn’t even recognize my VIN yet.
Is that normal? I am in Canada if that changes anything, using the Ford Canada tracker.

1Dippin

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
What does the order track app say for you at this point?
Reason I ask is because the ford tracking system doesn’t even recognize my VIN yet.
Is that normal? I am in Canada if that changes anything, using the Ford Canada tracker.
I’m not sure about Canadian orders. This is what the order track app has for mine; it shows production!

Ford F-150 11/21/22 - Build Week - MY 23 DA4D11D6-7AA3-4E88-A849-83F0A6573E2B

Nano150

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150
Occupation
Teacher