Sponsored

05/09/22 Build week

mcgski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Today was the day! Picked up my truck this afternoon at Koons Ford Annapolis (MD). Got $2500 off + X-Plan pricing. No joy on a decent interest rate so going with my local CU.

Took the wife out to Mission BBQ to celebrate. The truck is awesome! Still breaking it in as the transmission shifts a little rough but just the drive home seems like an improvement. Here are a few pics:
Ford F-150 05/09/22 Build week IMG_4958
Ford F-150 05/09/22 Build week IMG_4960.JPG

N.B. I was torn about posting this as too many of us are still waiting on their trucks and didn't want to rub salt in the wounds but I felt sharing would provide some hope that you'll soon get your truck and the wait will be worth it.
Sponsored

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Today was the day! Picked up my truck this afternoon at Koons Ford Annapolis (MD). Got $2500 off + X-Plan pricing. No joy on a decent interest rate so going with my local CU.

Took the wife out to Mission BBQ to celebrate. The truck is awesome! Still breaking it in as the transmission shifts a little rough but just the drive home seems like an improvement. Here are a few pics:
IMG_4958.jpg
IMG_4960.JPG

N.B. I was torn about posting this as too many of us are still waiting on their trucks and didn't want to rub salt in the wounds but I felt sharing would provide some hope that you'll soon get your truck and the wait will be worth it.
You waited long enough, great pictures!

Mcbutter

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F250
Occupation
System Protection Technician
I went by the dealership and was able to put eyes on my truck. Damn it was worth the wait. Come on Monday!!!!

Ford F-150 05/09/22 Build week 20220723_142614

Brego

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat Powerboost 4x4 Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
Well, the truck at other dealer didn’t work out, it was already on hold for someone. It appears I’m on track to be the last of this build week😒

michaelh24

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Technical Product Manager
Well, the truck at other dealer didn’t work out, it was already on hold for someone. It appears I’m on track to be the last of this build week😒
Maybe not, hopefully you get a shipping email this week. It seems even when you get one that may just indicate the last 4 to 6 weeks of waiting. So depending on how slow the convoy is from whatever the rail destination is to the dealership, you could still not be last. I have to make a 500 mile round trip next month and I really do not want to have to put those miles on the current truck I am about to trade in, but my guess is they just happen to get it on the lot while I'm gone.

Sponsored

bdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Now: '13 XLT 4x2 Soon(?): '22 501A Sport SCrew FX4

IMG_4958.jpg
IMG_4960.JPG

That rapid red looks great.

I’m at ~775 miles, ~200 of which is highway, and it is noticeably shifting much more smoothly in low gears. I have not experienced any rough shifting in higher gears.

Last edited:

mcgski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
I went by the dealership and was able to put eyes on my truck. Damn it was worth the wait. Come on Monday!!!!

20220723_142614.jpg
Congratulations!! Looks nice.

mcgski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
That rapid red looks great.

I’m at ~775 miles, ~200 of which is highway, and it is noticeably shifting mulch more smoothly in low gears. I have not experienced any rough shifting in higher gears.
Good to hear about the shifting in low gear. I noticed it too and I'm already around 225 miles. I figured it would break in. Been driving in Eco mode mostly and that's where I find the noticeable shifting in low gears.

I'm calculating ~19.9 mpg when I topped off the tank yesterday so it's also trending in the right direction.

mcgski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Hang in there. You'll be happy when you see your truck for the first time and all the misery and frustration will be forgotten.

michaelh24

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Good to hear about the shifting in low gear. I noticed it too and I'm already around 225 miles. I figured it would break in. Been driving in Eco mode mostly and that's where I find the noticeable shifting in low gears.

I'm calculating ~19.9 mpg when I topped off the tank yesterday so it's also trending in the right direction.
Rough shifting in lower gears for how long? On my trip comment, the other side of the coin is getting my truck right before leaving and taking it 250 miles away. I'd rather have it a few weeks just to ensure no issues presents itself, the rough shifting is something I'd rather get out of the way before having to travel with it.

Sponsored

Brego

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat Powerboost 4x4 Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
Hang in there. You'll be happy when you see your truck for the first time and all the misery and frustration will be forgotten.
I’m willing to bet that the month 7 build weeks get theirs before me. 🥹

Last edited:

mcgski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Rough shifting in lower gears for how long? On my trip comment, the other side of the coin is getting my truck right before leaving and taking it 250 miles away. I'd rather have it a few weeks just to ensure no issues presents itself, the rough shifting is something I'd rather get out of the way before having to travel with it.
It's barely noticeable and really only in Eco mode. If I really pay attention I can sorta feel it in Normal mode but it's really just barely again. Everything I've read is it's normal and part of the break in of the first 1000 miles.

michaelh24

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Mine was shipped via Norfolk Southern. I got the tracking # and it was in Portsmouth Ohio yesterday. Is there a way in the automated system to find out what the final destination is or do you have to wait for it to stop moving? It listed that as an intermediate destination, but didn't provide a final destination.

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Mine was shipped via Norfolk Southern. I got the tracking # and it was in Portsmouth Ohio yesterday. Is there a way in the automated system to find out what the final destination is or do you have to wait for it to stop moving? It listed that as an intermediate destination, but didn't provide a final destination.
Call and use option 3, a representative may be able to see that info
Sponsored