Sponsored

802screw

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch Powerboost 157"
Also a KR 601a priority 2 powerboost not scheduled today.
Sponsored

2Lazy2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 EB Platinum FX4 701A
When is the next build week for f150? 05/30?

mikes

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 hondas
100% Man.

I was not trying to say youre way was wrong either.

Just trying to understand a different perspective than my own.
I pondered the same question when i bought a used f150 to have while mine is being built. In the end, raising interest rates and the stock market being wonky made the delta so small it wasnt worth it. I hate payments though and enjoy having my monthly living expenses as small as possible, so I was leaning that way. Its a wonderful feeling writing a check for a vehicle and driving away

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor 402A, 2022 4Runner ORP

Sponsored

ARegularJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2 Order: 22 Lariat 500A/3.5 EB/FX4/Max Tow/+
I received my email yesterday (4/28)! Schedule for production Week of May 30. order on 12/29/21 Lariat power booster. 502A, 360 Camera, Max Tow, Off-road package. The VIN Number was also included in the email.
Your order is prettuy simi
I received my email yesterday (4/28)! Schedule for production Week of May 30. order on 12/29/21 Lariat power booster. 502A, 360 Camera, Max Tow, Off-road package. The VIN Number was also included in the email.
So a loaded Lariat FX2 with PB and MaxTow? If so, I guess that would qualify as a 'higher trim' order that some seem to indicate are getting prioritized.

JTM79

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Platinum
Occupation
Self
Just spoke with my dealer. My OCT 2021 KR order (at priority code 02) did not get scheduled for the 05/16 build week. May have to visit my dentist to repair damage caused by grinding teeth. Geez….
:oops: I just ordered 1st Ford vehicle in my life (King Ranch) and came here and saw your post.
Has anyone let you know what was causing the delay?

My original plan was to order 22 platinum, carbon gray, pretty much loaded out with Carmelo seats. Koons said the carmelo was not available. Just curious now if I went to the Platinum with jet black (not a big fan of ALL black) and no bed liner if scheduling is sooner?

texski

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 King Ranch Super Crew, 1997 Lariat Super Cab
Occupation
Retired
Sometimes cutting corners to save $$$ is not a smart move. Purchases such as these in the US should be fully built here in the US only. This is very upsetting, and sooner or later it will surely catch up with thousands of other companies outsourcing manufacturing.

Sometimes cutting corners to save $$$ is not a smart move. Purchases such as these in the US should be fully built here in the US only. This is very upsetting, and sooner or later it will surely catch up with thousands of other companies outsourcing manufacturing.
I strongly agree. I don't think that gives US manufacturers a pass to lower quality to meet a price point. Many "Made in the USA" FoMoCo batteries are being replaced because they do not hold a charge. If I don't drive my truck for a couple of days I get a FordPass notification saying that it has been put in Deep Sleep Mode. Battery voltage reads 11.4, it doesn't recognize my personal settings, and I can't use remote features on the truck. The battery started doing this at 6 weeks.

I blame it on the manufacturer's bean counters and engineers with MBA's. They set specs and price for a part and then invite people to bid. Used to be that a product was designed to perform at 120% of its capacity. Now, I don't think manufacturer's expect 5%. Accountants factor in an acceptable failure rate vs profit loss. Manufacturers, whether parts or vehicles, are willing to accept more failure (poor quality) to make more money in the short-term. This won't change until WE are willing to stop buying crap and expect more from manufacturers.

My daughter and I were talking about this today. When I was under the truck, I saw stickers on the driveshafts that say, Scrap if Dropped. You're telling me that this driveshaft has been manufactured to such tolerances that it is so fragile that it cannot perform adequately if it is dropped?!

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I strongly agree. I don't think that gives US manufacturers a pass to lower quality to meet a price point. Many "Made in the USA" FoMoCo batteries are being replaced because they do not hold a charge. If I don't drive my truck for a couple of days I get a FordPass notification saying that it has been put in Deep Sleep Mode. Battery voltage reads 11.4, it doesn't recognize my personal settings, and I can't use remote features on the truck. The battery started doing this at 6 weeks.

I blame it on the manufacturer's bean counters and engineers with MBA's. They set specs and price for a part and then invite people to bid. Used to be that a product was designed to perform at 120% of its capacity. Now, I don't think manufacturer's expect 5%. Accountants factor in an acceptable failure rate vs profit loss. Manufacturers, whether parts or vehicles, are willing to accept more failure (poor quality) to make more money in the short-term. This won't change until WE are willing to stop buying crap and expect more from manufacturers.

My daughter and I were talking about this today. When I was under the truck, I saw stickers on the driveshafts that say, Scrap if Dropped. You're telling me that this driveshaft has been manufactured to such tolerances that it is so fragile that it cannot perform adequately if it is dropped?!
Hol’ Up. I work from home and sometimes don’t start my truck for a week at a time. Is this low power mode going to cause me problems?

texski

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
@MTNMN we have super derailed this thread but what's done is done I guess.

To give some more backstory we also worked really hard to be debt free so going back into debt over something as dumb as a truck just doesn't make sense. Debt free since 2018 and it's amazing what you can do when you don't have any payments.

1651173530317.png
ABSOLUTELY!!! We were debt free in 2012.

I walked in with a 6" stack of Benjamins (in a bank bag of course) and drove away with a 22 KR well under invoice when dealers are charging $5,000 to $10,000 over MSRP for Lariats and above sitting on their lot. When the other truck comes in, I expect to net $4,000 - $8,000 on the trade. The truck is mine and I don't have to pay extras like gap insurance.

Glad to see you and your wife being smart, disciplined, and making good choices! Kid's learn more by what they see, not what they are told. You've given your kids a great gift. Smart is the new rich.

Sponsored

texski

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Hol’ Up. I work from home and sometimes don’t start my truck for a week at a time. Is this low power mode going to cause me problems?
I think it is a bad batch of batteries. Seems like there are enough for people to complain online. I bet they have this worked out by the time yours is delivered, and I hope that is soon.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer

I would assume drive shafts could bend, or at least loose balence, if dropped. Installing a bent driveshaft is not a smart move.

They are desinged to withstand rotational forces, not absorb direct impacts.

I bent a driveshaft in my '68 pickup. This is nothing new, nor cause for concern.

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ABSOLUTELY!!! We were debt free in 2012.

I walked in with a 6" stack of Benjamins (in a bank bag of course) and drove away with a 22 KR well under invoice when dealers are charging $5,000 to $10,000 over MSRP for Lariats and above sitting on their lot. When the other truck comes in, I expect to net $4,000 - $8,000 on the trade. The truck is mine and I don't have to pay extras like gap insurance.

Glad to see you and your wife being smart, disciplined, and making good choices! Kid's learn more by what they see, not what they are told. You've given your kids a great gift. Smart is the new rich.
Glad I’m not the only one! We also wrote a check for her ‘21 4Runner last year when we had the little guy on the way. Was actually pretty surprised they took a $43k personal check 😂

texski

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Just spoke with my dealer. My OCT 2021 KR order (at priority code 02) did not get scheduled for the 05/16 build week. May have to visit my dentist to repair damage caused by grinding teeth. Geez….
Sorry about that. I have 6.5' bed, Max Recline, Max Tow, Tow Mirrors on mine. Priority Code 19, I don't expect mine until next year. But yours, that ain't right!

texski

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I would assume drive shafts could bend, or at least loose balence, if dropped. Installing a bent driveshaft is not a smart move.

They are desinged to withstand rotational forces, not absorb direct impacts.

I bent a driveshaft in my '68 pickup. This is nothing new, nor cause for concern.
Weights are held on with a screw. I guess they cheated wall thickness to reduce mass. They maintain torsional rigidity, shear loads are minor once installed. Drop it ... well, it wasn't designed for lateral force.

Reminds me when manufacturers acid dip the body panels of their "stock" race cars to reduce weight . Couldn't tell unless someone leaned up against it.
Sponsored