Color Decision - Need Real Owner Opinions/Photos

Mjp8540

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
This is probably one of if not the best looking SQ I’ve seen. My opinion of course.

Sponsored

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
I've had my SQ for 3 weeks and I've had a number of people that said they really like the color. I like it best in the sunlight and for sure it's hard to keep clean. Definitely unique..
Ford F-150 Color Decision - Need Real Owner Opinions/Photos 20220516_200550

Jeff1024

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Awesome! If you get a chance I’d love to see a pic or two!
Four hours of Washing, Clay Bar, and Waxing and I finally have it clean and presentable. SQ is the color to buy imho. Looks amazing once its cleaned up. Everyone that has seen it has commented on it. Glad we skipped Antimatter and went /w this.

Attachments

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
I know the OP made his decision and even has his truck bynow but for others...my two cents.

I played around with build and price for hours and walked the lot at a handful of dealers (3 years ago you could see 3 or 10 of every color at most any dealer, not today). I have too many vehicles to spend a ton of time washing and won't use drive thru automatic washes. I wanted a color that was a little forgiving if all I did was spray the salt and mud off in the winter months. Star White wasn't too bad but Iconic Silver wins the "doesn't look as dirty when it is" prize.

My other thought is that it heavily depends on whether you are going chrome/bright, sport appearance or black out. To my eye a little contrast looks good. Chrome with Silver doesn't look as good to me as Carbonized Gray with Chrome. The Sport Appearance trim looks better to me with Iconic Silver or White.
Smoked Quartz and Anti Blue are beautiful but would drive me nuts as much as black. I almost went for a Platinum with Carbonized Gray but after seeing the colors in person settled on an Iconic Silver Sport Lariat.

I don't dislike Chrome but in my opinion Ford's "Chrome-like PVD" doesn't hold up very well and the wheels and running boards scratch easily and look tired fairly quick. That ruled out a Chrome Appearance Lariat for me but at least the Platinum wheels are actual polished alloy (I think).

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

BWB915

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Four hours of Washing, Clay Bar, and Waxing and I finally have it clean and presentable. SQ is the color to buy imho. Looks amazing once its cleaned up. Everyone that has seen it has commented on it. Glad we skipped Antimatter and went /w this.
Looks awesome!

OP
OP

BWB915

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
I know the OP made his decision and even has his truck bynow but for others...my two cents.

I played around with build and price for hours and walked the lot at a handful of dealers (3 years ago you could see 3 or 10 of every color at most any dealer, not today). I have too many vehicles to spend a ton of time washing and won't use drive thru automatic washes. I wanted a color that was a little forgiving if all I did was spray the salt and mud off in the winter months. Star White wasn't too bad but Iconic Silver wins the "doesn't look as dirty when it is" prize.

My other thought is that it heavily depends on whether you are going chrome/bright, sport appearance or black out. To my eye a little contrast looks good. Chrome with Silver doesn't look as good to me as Carbonized Gray with Chrome. The Sport Appearance trim looks better to me with Iconic Silver or White.
Smoked Quartz and Anti Blue are beautiful but would drive me nuts as much as black. I almost went for a Platinum with Carbonized Gray but after seeing the colors in person settled on an Iconic Silver Sport Lariat.

I don't dislike Chrome but in my opinion Ford's "Chrome-like PVD" doesn't hold up very well and the wheels and running boards scratch easily and look tired fairly quick. That ruled out a Chrome Appearance Lariat for me but at least the Platinum wheels are actual polished alloy (I think).
That basically sums up the process I went through. I was still on the fence b/t SQ and CG but it went to build status with SQ so that’s what I’m rolling with. Agree re the chrome, I think darker rims and body-color handles and mirror caps make SQ look better so I might do that over time. And yea it’ll show dirt more than IS or even CG so I’ll just need to get a ceramic coat and wash it more often.

dkevox

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Evo X, F150
Yeah, just get paint protection and ceramic coating and then rinse off the dirt. Dirt really shouldn't be a consideration when choosing a color anymore, it's so easy to keep a vehicle clean nowadays.

Cb Mw

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bike
Yeah, just get paint protection and ceramic coating and then rinse off the dirt. Dirt really shouldn't be a consideration when choosing a color anymore, it's so easy to keep a vehicle clean nowadays.
Its still a lot of effort in the winter. Nothing looks great in winter conditions but certain colors are a bit better with hiding the road salt and slush.

Sponsored

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Here’s mine…..2021 xlt , velocity blue with two two retro type paint….
6A4E4E9F-46DC-4CA8-B32D-5DE4DB22352C.jpeg
8AF69BD1-97AA-47D5-8207-1500983C1272.jpeg
8AF69BD1-97AA-47D5-8207-1500983C1272.jpeg
F8133750-F837-4B3B-BB0C-38B1F6A8679E.jpeg
Was that an offered paint scheme? I am only familiar with the 2 tone paint scheme where the top and side are the same color and only the lower section painted a different color.

Nice looking, and rather unique.

Geezy92

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.0
Hey everyone-

I have a F150 Platinum ordered that's about to be scheduled and I need to make a color decision quick. I've been stuck with three colors that I like for various reasons, but in this market it's tough to really see them let alone see them all in one place to make a decision.

• Smoked Quartz- chrome pops on this one but I've hear the color can look light purple in some lighting
  • Carbonized Grey- really want the flake to show in this color but all videos and photos make it look really matte
  • Iconic Silver- classic look esp with the chrome accents, but worry not enough flake and the all grey might be too much

Thanks in advance, really appreciate any comments/photos/etc!!
That
Mine sitting in my cul de sac, iconic silver is it

48D63C95-B51A-49B0-88E0-949127C41EDA.jpeg
that looks like my baby

Ford F-150 Color Decision - Need Real Owner Opinions/Photos C10DD89A-A805-4C46-BEDE-B0204395052B

Ford F-150 Color Decision - Need Real Owner Opinions/Photos 5D4BDB70-EBA1-48D8-B1E7-74C358E8A274

Ford F-150 Color Decision - Need Real Owner Opinions/Photos 63975337-23B5-4DD0-AD70-DBD30131E9A7

Ford F-150 Color Decision - Need Real Owner Opinions/Photos 1837053E-D5DE-4FC7-A89B-2C6A87ED9661

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Of you're considering Antimatter Blue...
Just be prepared.

You're getting a "Black" truck. Until the sunlight hits it. Then it jumps out and hits you with an amazing sparkling Blue that will make you do a double take.

It's a really great color choice but the reality is that it's a Black Truck 80% of the time.

Ben Spitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Was that an offered paint scheme? I am only familiar with the 2 tone paint scheme where the top and side are the same color and only the lower section painted a different color.

Nice looking, and rather unique.
The paint job was done by a local Chevy dealership..I picked the two tone color and the pin striping….In person it looks like a factory job…The painter himself was the key to getting great results….
Sponsored