OP

BWB915

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
I went through the same thing you are, but without ever seeing any of the colors in person (ordered January of 2021). I took a leap of faith, and the advice of someone who had seen on in person, and ordered the Smoked Quartz. It is gorgeous! In a year+ of ownership, can't say I have ever seen it look purple in any lighting.

IMG_0420.jpg
Awesome truck! Are those the stock tires?

OP
OP

BWB915

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
This group has been extremely helpful in my decision process, much appreciated! I had SQ on order, changed to CG as a safer choice, but switched back to SQ and my truck just got scheduled for week of June 6th production so SQ is what I'm getting! Excited to see it in a couple months.

Sponsored

JimMoran

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 T-Bird, 2020 Explorer ST, 2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
retired
Carbonized Grey all the way!!

20220314_075751a.jpg
I agree with the gray. I had a antimatter blue on order since 10/29, got tired of waiting and found a Lariat with all the options I ordered 150 miles away. Love the color. Thought about it when I placed my order, but they didnt have that color on the lot. The little samples in the brochure aren’t even close.

Ford F-150 Color Decision - Need Real Owner Opinions/Photos 04087329-F0AB-4245-93D7-DF0A519E5FB7

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
I agree with the gray. I had a antimatter blue on order since 10/29, got tired of waiting and found a Lariat with all the options I ordered 150 miles away. Love the color. Thought about it when I placed my order, but they didnt have that color on the lot. The little samples in the brochure aren’t even close.

04087329-F0AB-4245-93D7-DF0A519E5FB7.jpeg
Same here. Had an antimatter blue on order and also got tired of waiting. Found an Iconic Silver two states over with almost identical options and picked it up instead. I wonder if the Antimatter was part of the issue with delays. Seems a far less common color than most of the others except Smoked Quartz.

Your Carbonized Gray with Lariat Chrome is on point!

JimMoran

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 T-Bird, 2020 Explorer ST, 2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
retired
Same here. Had an antimatter blue on order and also got tired of waiting. Found an Iconic Silver two states over with almost identical options and picked it up instead. I wonder if the Antimatter was part of the issue with delays. Seems a far less common color than most of the others except Smoked Quartz.

Your Carbonized Gray with Lariat Chrome is on point!
I have seen some antimatter blue on dealer's lots, and had not heard of any hold up on the antimatter blue. In my opinion Ford has done a very poor job on these custom orders.

Reactions: 780

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
One thing for sure is Ford has made some beautiful paint available for our trucks. It wasn't always that way.
These aren't our grandpa's pickups

Sponsored

OP
OP

BWB915

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
I had a CG on order and just happened to go by a dealership with a CG and SQ side by side. Basically the same optioned out platinums. I bought the SQ on the spot and have loved that decision since. It’s a great color and where I live I don’t think I’ve seen another one in the 8 months I’ve had mine.

92B9D19C-E299-4943-8E45-6384671F3992.jpeg
Hey! Any chance you have more pics? That set-up is awesome, really does look better with the chrome delete and body-color handles and mirror caps.

Mjp8540

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Hey! Any chance you have more pics? That set-up is awesome, really does look better with the chrome delete and body-color handles and mirror caps.
I don’t have anything anymore recent than the pic above. But if there is something specific you would like to see I can take one I guess. The grill and the tailgate are stock. I don’t mind the brushed aluminum, but I’m going to wrap the chrome strip in the middle of the grill and the chrome below it.

Jeff1024

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
I had a CG on order and just happened to go by a dealership with a CG and SQ side by side. Basically the same optioned out platinums. I bought the SQ on the spot and have loved that decision since. It’s a great color and where I live I don’t think I’ve seen another one in the 8 months I’ve had mine.

92B9D19C-E299-4943-8E45-6384671F3992.jpeg
Same here, I had a Antimatter on order, but then saw a Smoked Quartz at the dealer and made the switch on the spot. I picked up my SQ Platinum last night and everyone was looking at it saying how awesome it looked in person. Super happy with the choice as Antimatter was just a bit too dark for me in person.

OP
OP

BWB915

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Same here, I had a Antimatter on order, but then saw a Smoked Quartz at the dealer and made the switch on the spot. I picked up my SQ Platinum last night and everyone was looking at it saying how awesome it looked in person. Super happy with the choice as Antimatter was just a bit too dark for me in person.
Awesome! If you get a chance I’d love to see a pic or two!

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I wish Ford offered a "midnight" shade of orange. With the BAP it would look outstanding and add a color to the non neutral offerings. I would have got this if it was offered but I went with Atlas blue. Ordered 1/28 and still waiting for build date.

Since I ordered a 2022 Atlas blue, Ford will probably add that orange for 2023.
Same here. Would have went with a burnt orange color, but went with Atlas Blue.

Will bet a lot of money there will be an orange or hunter green in 23.
Sponsored