First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
@rugedraw hoping you can give me some good news. I’ve been stuck on 3.5.2 since last October. Thanks!

1FTFW1ED8MFB36969
3.5.3 was sent to you yesterday. Hopefully it goes through.
Sponsored

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
I can confirm a pretty big bug fix for my 2021 after getting 3.5.3 too.

I had this issue where my phone woulddisconnect from Appleplay after a long phone call.

It would disconnect every time in the same spot on the way home, and it wasn’t a signal issue because I wouldn’t lose the call, the car would just kick me off CarPlay and then it would try multiple times to reconnect and really make it ruin my phone call.

It repeats the same thing every day of the week.

with the new update I had zero disconnects the entire drive home. This is a huge deal for me.

Jayba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Before this thread gets too deep, I would like to remind everyone that I am just a car salesman and everything I have learned, I have learned from following the forums, dealing with my own Job 1 truck's OTA issues, and asking questions to a few select guys on here that are very knowledgeable on these trucks and the issues associated with it. If you have a job 1 truck and you cannot toggle auto-updates on and off and are on Sync version 20301 or below, then there is a very good chance your truck fell victim to a faulty APIM update (1.7.1) that was putting trucks in an OTA limbo and preventing more updates from coming in. When I check people's VINs for OTA statuses and I see no update history in 60 days, I then check the build dates to see if it is a job one and then I check their Sync version to see if it is 20301. If I see that red flag, I always refer them to the dealer with an explanation of what is going on with their truck or suggest the FDRS route. I have found countless trucks stuck in OTA limbo.

The problem is, people think that just because they haven't gotten an update in "x" amount of time, they are affected by this issue, and that is not the case. Any job 1 owner who is behind on updates can just be at the mercy of Ford's OTA process to get the next update sent to them and not necessarily "stuck". Most trucks are not "stuck". Every time I find one, I let the owner know their truck needs some kind of help to get past the point it is at. Most people do not want to touch FDRS with a ten foot pole, and I get it, as it can be intimidating.
So a job 2 truck with a build date of 9/21 running Sync 4 software 22192-PRODUCT, revision 498, with blue cruise operational should be ok to get OTA updates and just waiting on Ford to push it out?

In Fordpass app I see no updates ever (bought truck used 11/22 with 5500 miles and installed app on my phone 12/22 without resetting everything as me being new owner), auto updates and wi-fi are enabled. when my vin 1FTFW1ED7MFC88970 is run by a dealer it shows one update from 2-7-23 or 2-10-23 that is “In process”. That was almost three months ago. Do you think something is stuck or downloading an update can take this long?

Thanks for any help!
Dealers are afraid to do anything and just say “it’s up to date”.

Rshmm

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 XLT
I've been driving the truck each day for the past few days up to an hour at a time, no successful messaging yet. It's doing the same thing it was back in Jan, when auto updates were off, it would tell me the pending update description, when auto updates on, it would say up to date. Guess I won't hold my breath anymore on Ford's second try of 3.5.3 in my 21, looks like it hasn't improved.

Sponsored

Jayba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
I've been driving the truck each day for the past few days up to an hour at a time, no successful messaging yet. It's doing the same thing it was back in Jan, when auto updates were off, it would tell me the pending update description, when auto updates on, it would say up to date. Guess I won't hold my breath anymore on Ford's second try of 3.5.3 in my 21, looks like it hasn't improved.
After months of not getting updates I finally got my first, 3.5.3 with Alexa. Guess it works after all.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
After months of not getting updates I finally got my first, 3.5.3 with Alexa. Guess it works after all.
Your truck could stop right there at 3.5.3 and you won't be missing a thing.
In my opinion it makes for a 2021 to be practically the same truck as any on the lot currently. :)

The 4.x.x course at the OTA buffet looks like rice cakes and tofu. You know you nibbled on something, but it sure doesn't have much substance. Lol

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
So a job 2 truck with a build date of 9/21 running Sync 4 software 22192-PRODUCT, revision 498, with blue cruise operational should be ok to get OTA updates and just waiting on Ford to push it out?

In Fordpass app I see no updates ever (bought truck used 11/22 with 5500 miles and installed app on my phone 12/22 without resetting everything as me being new owner), auto updates and wi-fi are enabled. when my vin 1FTFW1ED7MFC88970 is run by a dealer it shows one update from 2-7-23 or 2-10-23 that is “In process”. That was almost three months ago. Do you think something is stuck or downloading an update can take this long?

Thanks for any help!
Dealers are afraid to do anything and just say “it’s up to date”.
You had 3.5.3 sent to your truck 4 days ago and it installed successfully. You now have full screen carplay/android auto and Alexa.

You can drive the truck until the wheels fall off. It won't make a difference in getting an OTA sent to you. All that does is keep your battery nice and charged to prevent a low battery from being the cause of an update failing. It won't, however, cause an update to actually be sent to you.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Hi bud....Can you have a look please

1FTFX1E81MKE01710
Thanks
Don

EDIT: Ford Pass just told me I got 4.2.2 today, just after I posted this request. I have been home for work for about 30 minutes and it must have down loaded when I got home. ???

Sponsored

Jerry Can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost, 2-tone Rapid Red, 157”
Occupation
Fuel Container
just got the 3.5.3 update. Now Ford Pass is telling me that my Powerboost is plugged in but not charging 🤣
Ford F-150 2021 Job 1 Trucks that aren't getting updates IMG_3183

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
just got the 3.5.3 update. Now Ford Pass is telling me that my Powerboost is plugged in but not charging 🤣
Well, it's not wrong. lol I've read it's just a bug on the Powerboost. Guess someone at Ford thought it was a plug-in hybrid. lol

tilefordude

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt 302 high 3.5 eco
Occupation
Tile Setter
IMG_3183.png
apparently my ecoboost is plugged in and not charging too, much be a glitch