Sponsored

Can Active Park Assist 2.0 be installed when parts are available?

SamE0717

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 SuperCrew 5.0 Platinum
I have a '23 Platinum, If I'm reading this thread correctly to "add back" the Active Park Assist 2.0 delete.

I need to source a ML3T-14G647-FS IPMA and than do some programing of that and install but being a Platinum trim truck with Blue Cruise etc I don't need anything else.

Ford F-150 Can Active Park Assist 2.0 be installed when parts are available? IMG_4437

OP
OP
Boen

Boen

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Platinum
I have a 22 platinum with the same with APA removal and thats the way I understnd it. Would be nice to have the APA to work

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I have a '23 Platinum, If I'm reading this thread correctly to "add back" the Active Park Assist 2.0 delete.

I need to source a ML3T-14G647-FS IPMA and than do some programing of that and install but being a Platinum trim truck with Blue Cruise etc I don't need anything else.

IMG_4437.jpeg
yes it doesn’t have to be that ipma but that one is confirmed along with a NA ipma

Install the new ipma and make some forscan changes and yes APA is back

Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I got my IPMA in the mail yesterday (it wasn’t padded at all in the shipping box so I hope it’s fine). So the process is swap the IPMA, do the PMI, then recalibrate? Is that it or is there more to it?

5.0Screw22

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 5.0 Stage 2 Whipple
I got my IPMA in the mail yesterday (it wasn’t padded at all in the shipping box so I hope it’s fine). So the process is swap the IPMA, do the PMI, then recalibrate? Is that it or is there more to it?
I bought from the ebay listing shown above and got the same results! Mine came in a large box with no packaging or padding and one of the mounts was bent from an impact. :cry: I am equally frustrated with that seller. It also took him 5 days to ship it. I suspect that it is OK, but the lack of effort by the seller was disappointing.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I bought from the ebay listing shown above and got the same results! Mine came in a large box with no packaging or padding and one of the mounts was bent from an impact. I am equally frustrated with that seller. It also took him 5 days to ship it. I suspect that it is OK, but the lack of effort by the seller was disappointing.
I think we both bought from the same guy… motor city design? I reached out to him and he told me that’s how he ships them all and has never had a problem. The label clearly fucking states to set aside if dropped. That dude doesn’t really seem to give a shit. He just told me he’d “figure something out” if it doesn’t work when I install it

Edit: I just double checked that listing that was posted and yea. It’s the same dude

Moe7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor
I think we both bought from the same guy… motor city design? I reached out to him and he told me that’s how he ships them all and has never had a problem. The label clearly fucking states to set aside if dropped. That dude doesn’t really seem to give a shit. He just told me he’d “figure something out” if it doesn’t work when I install it

Edit: I just double checked that listing that was posted and yea. It’s the same dude
I got mine from him back in mid-February ($119 back then) with the same result; was shocked how badly it was packaged. I got mine quickly programmed and installed to make sure it was all good, but an annoying experience nonetheless.

Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I got mine from him back in mid-February ($119 back then) with the same result; was shocked how badly it was packaged. I got mine quickly programmed and installed to make sure it was all good, but an annoying experience nonetheless.
I’m glad to know that didn’t damage it. But I still am leery

Moe7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor
I’m glad to know that didn’t damage it. But I still am leery
Absolutely. I just saw your questions above; once programmed (I had help from the guru) I just installed the module, made the forscan changes, and ran the 360 cam and lane keep calibrations.

The 360 cam calibration was the most painful for me, and i still don't have it quite right. Waiting to find a clearly defined lot where I won't look like a creeper trolling around for 10 minutes.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
If you have FDRS yes you can PMI it in the truck after install. Then you will need to calibrate

Ipma alignment

360 Camera Alignment only. You do not perform any other camera alignment.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE

But he saved 30 cents of bubble wrap! Pennies are pennies! Never mind customer reactions or damaged items. I have some very delicate items I ship and include the $2 worth of protection measures in the shipping cost.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
But he saved 30 cents of bubble wrap! Pennies are pennies! Never mind customer reactions or damaged items. I have some very delicate items I ship and include the $2 worth of protection measures in the shipping cost.
When I sold my headlights I spent $80 just on boxes and packing materials so they wouldn’t break
Sponsored